Poll

what do we do?

Go to mountains now
- 7 (77.8%)
stay a whlie longer
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Dragon quest  (Read 13725 times)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon quest
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2009, 05:01:10 pm »

IE: We get famous by slaughtering towns folk and the occasional hobo.
Boy comes with a cart full of food offerings
Cue electrocuting to the death
Cue Celebration.

Beat the shit out of frogmen.
Frogmen change their avatars to the whole picture.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2009, 05:01:54 pm »

>Do not genocide children_

the thought never crossed your mind. neither did this. so basically your just wasting time. you deserve a medal.

30 years later.

you are now 45 years old. your body structure is now almost completely like that of an adult dragon. you have strong back legs and long muscly arms. you stand with a gorilla-like,yet refined, posture when standing still, and walk with your arms on the ground like legs. your wings have grown feather like scales on them and you are now capable of prolonged gliding. your lightning ability is more polished and you are capable of more accurate blasting, as well as having deadly claws and teeth. you have inherited your mothers ability to change the color of your scales or camouflage or shows of color. your vision has also developed being able to pinpoint extremely small targets from miles away. you're vocal cords have developed better for speaking draconian if you ever encounter any dragons, and telepathy for speaking other languages. you have also grown rapidly in size, standing 10 feet tall, nearly twice as large as an adult man. lately you have started to worry about your treasure hoard. it's decent sized (for your age anyway), but lacks any type of character. you'll need to start stealing/finding some important relics to add some pizazz to your hoard if you ever encounter a female dragon. not only that, you're getting a sense of foreboding from the town a ways away from the mountain. you first noticed it when the arena you escaped from was located in a  forest cut-off from the town, but now it encompasses the town in general. you can't help but wonder if it had anything to do with that Slasher character you learned about. the maximum age of humans is relatively low however, so he's probably dead right now. the townsfolk were wary of you for a while after they heard about the mass killing you did. they've gown to trust you now however as you haven't yet done anything to harm them.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 05:19:25 pm by Dragooble »
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2009, 05:04:11 pm »

Loot the occasional idiotic adventurer who is under attack from wolves.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2009, 05:05:26 pm »

First, explore our cave, using lightning to mark our path, would also be a test for night vision.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2009, 05:16:07 pm »

>Do not genocide children_

the thought never crossed your mind. neither did this. so basically your just wasting time. you deserve a medal.

To boldly not go, where Richard Garriott has gone before...

> Remember you are a dragon, A mythical beast of terror and rage. Remember that as a baby you were thrown into an arena to fight to the death for fifteen long years. Remember that it was a boy with a cage who caused it. Develop a hatred for all things boy and cage. Keep in mind that humans are just ants to a creature of a Dragon's magnificence. Contemplate killing children have no qualms plotting the death of boys or cages just as said boys wouldn't have a thought of turning over a rock and slaughtering thousands of larva.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2009, 05:20:21 pm »

sorry. was editing the later part into my post. i deserve a medal.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2009, 05:54:24 pm »

> Remember you are a dragon, A mythical beast of terror and rage. Remember that as a baby you were thrown into an arena to fight to the death for fifteen long years. Remember that it was a boy with a cage who caused it. Develop a hatred for all things boy and cage. Keep in mind that humans are just ants to a creature of a Dragon's magnificence. Contemplate killing children have no qualms plotting the death of boys or cages just as said boys wouldn't have a thought of turning over a rock and slaughtering thousands of larva.
Do not do this.

Find a wizard's tower, we can either attempt to kill one, or trade a small amount of blood of scales for magical items- wizards always love dragon's blood, it's like eye of newt, only better.

Edit: perhaps, but would it really be worth the risk? Even wizards can't take down dragons without a fight. Also, a living dragon produces more blood, a dead one is a limited supply.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:17:25 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2009, 06:12:18 pm »

Yeah, and the wizard won't kill us the second he sees us.
Or even after we propose this deal, as would you trade for something when you could easily kill it and take what you want.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2009, 06:08:24 am »

>Find wizard tower, atomize wizard tower from afar with lightning, loot remains, stash loot in cave.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2009, 07:52:22 am »

???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:58:41 pm by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2009, 08:39:38 am »

go cammo just to see if it works

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2009, 12:57:35 pm »

> Go loot a library, and then spend lots of time reading and becoming very wise. As stated what our hoard lacks is CHARACTER, not value, and while gold is not that useful above a certain amount unless you have an organization of some kind spending lots of it, knowledge is power. Also, dragons geting so old is one main advantage, as it means much more total knowldge can be aured, but that requires you to acrtualy spend that time auireing knowledge.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2009, 01:05:44 pm »

Yes, knowledge is power, and this is a magical world, where knowledge is quite easily a fireball. To the library!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2009, 01:21:47 pm »

>To the library!_

you glide down the mountain into town. in one of the wealthier districts you find a library. you enter. what would you like to read in here?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2009, 01:23:24 pm »

Any histories, any journals of famous wizards, any anatomy books.
And wildlife journals.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23