Poll

what do we do?

Go to mountains now
- 7 (77.8%)
stay a whlie longer
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Dragon quest  (Read 13722 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon quest
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2009, 10:55:45 pm »

Head towards the mountains, avoiding any magma filled moats or short midgets with beards.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2009, 11:37:47 pm »

new poll up. make sure you tell me if there's anything you want me to bring other than the mega loots in the secret chamber.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2009, 02:43:22 pm »

>Have some of the gladiators carry the loot, then head for the mountains_

You explain the situation to the gladiators and some of them smile and shake their heads at each other as if to say, "by the gods, hes done it again. is it even possible for him to get anymore awesome?" the gladiators make makeshift bags out of any cloth items they can find and fill them with every last coin, gem or bauble in the vault. only now do you take the time to tell them your name. "Gathre Gulgudcuthroz Xubkibtamun Urbed" Gathre for short. you set off for the mountains. the gladiators were natural survivalists it seemed. despite any peril you encountered on the journey, not a single one died and you finally arrived at a village up on a mountain slope. women, children, and an elderly couple came out stare with amazement at you, then with even more amazement at the returning villagers. many teary reunions ensued, except for the elderly couple who settled for a modest smile. the old woman approached you and said to you "it's easy to see, even for my worn eyes, that you are responsible for bringing our villagers, and family, back to us. i am Bolba, and this is my husband, Golnam we at the village elders. you can choose to stay at our village, or go off in search of your own home. i am simply glad you found the kindness to bring us back our villagers, and the ill gotten riches of those foul men with you."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:45:00 pm by Dragooble »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2009, 02:53:38 pm »

Do a victory dance.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2009, 03:20:49 pm »

Yeah we're real noble slaying all those innocent bystanders and forming the rescued villagers into an army...

Look for a nearby cave system of some sort (if we can't find one we'll have to recruit some dwarves).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 25, 2009, 03:28:48 pm »

>Find cave, stash loot, prepare for possible attack/retaliation on the village. Also, learn to lightning-snipe targets to death from over a mile away (maybe develop telescopic vision?)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2009, 03:36:07 pm »

well not all of the villagers know that yet. not until the gladiator folk tell the story of our battle, anyway. and i guess you can't really consider them entirely innocent because they were happily letting a bunch of innocent mountain villagers get killed in fights for entertainment. but to each his own.

>Look for a nearby cave system_

you go off in search of a cave system. after a while you find a large cave opening. this leads downward into a dark cave, the cave is extremely large, and has several tunnels leading elsewhere in it. you'd best not get lost in here. this would be perfect for hiding treasure.

>stash loot_

you go back to the village and ask the villagers to help you move the loot to the cave you discovered. the villagers do so.

>learn to lightning-snipe targets to death from over a mile away_

you practice shooting lightning at eagles and small birds flying around the mountain. at first you have trouble controlling the arc of the lightning. but eventually you get good enough to make your mark most of the time.

MEANWHILE!
"FROOGLE! IT'S PAY-UP TIME!" some far off place, a door is being kicked open with reckless abandon. the man and his two unruly thugs trailing behind him look around fiercely. "FROOGLE" the man yells again, "YOU BETTER NOT BE TRYIN' TO PULL A FAST ONE ON ME!" the men begin to march off, but stop dead in their tracks at the site of a burnt corpse. "Dammit, the guy's gone psycho." they march off to a different room. "the guy's got no organizational skills. then the men see a vault and open it. there is nothing inside. the lead man just stares at it. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" the man begins madly flipping through a diary he finds on the ground but stops short of a diary entry in particular he finds.

"July 1st 1055, mood: absolutely fabulous!

Dear Diary,

today is officially the best day ever! while wandering around in town, i found a farmer selling a dragon! a dragon! i checked it out and it was the genuine article! i even managed to trick him into selling it for a fraction of the price dragon hatchlings normally go for! this completely makes up for the way Slasher yelled at me for bringing that basilisk to the arena! but i won't tell slasher this time; i don't want to get yelled at again!

Toodeloo!"

"dragon" the man muttered. a pair of glittery eyes watched the scene from the shadows. "that won't be all you have to worry about" it whispered.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:50:07 pm by Dragooble »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2009, 04:32:50 pm »

>Remember that it was a LITTLE BOY that started this trouble. Plot the death of all male children in the vicinity of the lair.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2009, 04:45:58 pm »

>Do not genocide children
How old are we in years?

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2009, 04:50:45 pm »

about 15

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2009, 04:51:39 pm »

And the boys age was?
He may come back to haunt us...

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2009, 04:53:20 pm »

12-15 I assume.  27-30 now. what do you mean come back to haunt us?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2009, 04:55:25 pm »

IE: We get famous by slaughtering towns folk and the occasional hobo.
Boy comes with adventurer party.
Cue dramatic fight to the death
Cue Mourning/Celebration.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2009, 04:57:15 pm »

Boy comes with a cart full of food offerings
Cue electrocuting to the death
Cue Celebration.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2009, 04:59:46 pm »

Boy comes with a cart full of food offerings
Cue electrocuting to the death
Cue Celebration.

Beat the shit out of frogmen.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23