Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Secret Santa Mafia: Sign up + 1st day  (Read 4622 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Secret Santa Mafia: Sign up + 1st day
« on: September 17, 2009, 03:04:09 am »

Ok, with Religious needing tweaks but working and Beginner doing well, I think I need something Failtastic.  Quantim gave me this idea.

Secret Santa Mafia:

First, the generic rules:

All votes must be colored red.  To avoid confusion, only use that color when you are voting for someone.  Unvoting is kind, but not required so long as the vote you mean to do is in red.  Proper spelling IS required!

ALL discussion about this game, even indirectly, can only occur in this thread or through PMs.  PMing is allowed but MUST include me as one of the receivers.

This game is set to the Hammer with no automatic deadline.  The day ends once a person has a majority of the votes.  Once the hammer falls, it is Twilight: the lynched CANNOT speak but everyone else can until night is declared.  Note that Day 1 cannot end until at least 8 players join.

If the game runs slowly and without a hammer, I hold the right to declare a deadline.  If the game reaches deadline without a hammer, I hold the right to choose the one to die if anyone.  I WILL be as biased and crewl as possible.  In other words: DO NOT LET THE GAME HIT DEADLINE!

Bold can be used to catch my attention.  Italics is RP/flavor if any exists.

There's the generic: he's the specific.

As of this moment, the game has started.  For the entire 1st day, anyone may join the game.  To join, post with the name of one role.  That role will be put into the list of Possible Roles in the game and randomly given to a player.  With each new person, the roles will rerandomize.  Once the 1st day ends, all roles will be held in place.  You will, however, NOT receive a PM stating your role. 

At night, every person will choose one person.  Whatever role you have will then take affect (doctor will protect, cop investigate, townie..well nothing).  From there, it is up to you to figure out what you are.  Note that you may be as silent as you want in day, but your night choice is your activity check (yes, you send a PM even if you have no night power).  Fail to show up one night and I'll seek to replace you.

Rules on the roles:

1. Mafia will take up 1/4 of all players rounded down.  This is also set randomly.  Also, they may also recieve any additional role put into the game (Mafia Vig FTW!). 

At night, mafia make their kills using automatic weapons, so their kills will reflect it.  If there is more than one mafia, only one will succeed.  The other mafia will 'almost hit' their target.  Note that 'almost hitting' means your Other power (if you have one) activated instead (so a mafia roleblocker 'almost hitting' will roleblock the target).

3. Any role from this list or from any game played in Bay12games can be requested.  Please post a link to the role to help me find it.  I may reply to see if I get the meaning behind it right in the form of an Interpretation.

4.  The role cannot require more than one night choice (i.e. Bus driver requires you to choose two people) and cannot require some extra choices (jack of all trades).  Day roles (day vig) and passive roles (double voter) are fine as will more than one of a role. I do have the option to deny or alter a role.  Also note there's no guarantee of the role existing.  There will also be vanilla townies as possibilities as well.

5. Roles that give information just to yourself (i.e. cop) will have questionable sanity randomized.  Yes, you could choose to add in Insane cop and end up with a Sane cop.

6. Once per game, you may PM me with a guess as to your role.  If you guess right, I'll send you the PM.  Wrong and I'll say no.  If you guess "mafia" correctly, you will be given access to Mafia chat as well as knowledge of your full role (including additional powers). 

7. All roles are inactive Day 1.  Also no one may Guess their role Day 1 either . 

8. Reserved for any other rules that need to be added

Possible Roles of town and mafia:
(Unless separate win condition, they are either pro-town "win if threats are removed" or the mafia win condition)

Townie - No powers. 
Hammerer - If targetted by another player's at any time, they kill the player.  IF the Hammerer was not targeted by another player at night, they, instead, kill their target.
Faultmage - Can, once every two phases destroy the 'home' of a player.  A 'homeless' player shows up as 'no role' to all investigations and roleflips.  If done at night and the player did not do a physical night action, the player dies.  Everyone is considered 'away from home' during the day.
CPR Doctor- If their target is attacked by a killing role, the person is saved.  If not, then the person dies of electric shock.
Nexus - Any affect targetting the Nexus is redirected to another player.
Judas/Saulus - Upon dying, the person will change roles.  A townie that changes until a Mafia is known as a Judas while a mafia that changes into a townie is a Saulus.  (Guesses must specify the name)

Current players:
Free Beer
Pandasenic
Mr Person
ExKirby
Major_Sephiroth
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:38:40 am by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa Mafia: Sign up + 1st day
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:47:48 am »

Hammerer, as used in DF Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:50:37 am »

I nominate the Faultmage from Ridiculous Mafia 2.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 04:03:28 am »

Hammerer:

The Hammerer can choose a player to hammer(kill) each night. Provided that no one targets him, as he is very edgy. He is immune to conversion.

Interpretation: You may kill a person each night, by hammerstroke.  If someone targets you with another ability, your own will not work.  You may not be converted.

Faultmage:
Faultmage: Uses an arcane thaumaturgy action to destroy a player's home entirely with an earthquake, destroying all evidence of his role until the end of the game. This may be used at any time. The Faultmage can only cause an earthquake again two phases later (Use at night, phase ends, D N, that day he can quake again). Conditional statements such as "Use the earthquake against whoever is lynched" are permitted. If the quake is used against a player in their home, that player dies. If anyone else successfully interacted with that person, they are killed.

Interpretation:

At any time, you may PM the mod with the name of a player.  All evidence of that player's role will be removed permanently, leading to 'no role' on investigations and post-death flip.  If it is used at night and the player did not physically leave their home (i.e. what townies do) they die along with anyone that went to them to target them.

i.e. Litia is a Cop and goes to investigate Free Beer.  Faultmage targets Litia.  Litia now reads as 'no role' for rest of game. 

Litia is a townie.  Although she chose someone at night, since she has no action she stays at home.  Faultmage targets Litia.  Litia dies and flips as 'no role'.

All people are considered 'away from home' in daytime.

Am I right in how it would work here?
I KNEW IT!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 09:05:00 am »

In, with my favorite role ever: CPR Doctor. If they're attacked, protects the target. If not, it kills the target.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 11:04:56 am »

Necromancer-Every night, the Necromancer can revive a to his/her side as a zombie. Examples.

ExKirby dies as townie. Townie necromancer revives ExKirby. ExKirby becomes a townie zombie.

ExKirby dies as townie. Mafia necromancer revives ExKirby. ExKirby becomes Mafia zombie.

They can be on both sides.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 12:05:39 pm »

Can't be a newly made role.  It has to be from the wiki I posted or from a game played in this forum.

New rule: You must put a link to the page that shows your role. 
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 01:19:40 pm »

Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 01:22:47 pm »

Necromancer-Every night, the Necromancer can revive a to his/her side as a zombie. Examples.

ExKirby dies as townie. Townie necromancer revives ExKirby. ExKirby becomes a townie zombie.

ExKirby dies as townie. Mafia necromancer revives ExKirby. ExKirby becomes Mafia zombie.

They can be on both sides.
Problem: mr towny zombie, if he was previously mafia, will be able to reveal his former scum mates.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 01:37:14 pm »

OMG you guys are going to make it hard on yourselves:

The Nexus will make it so much harder for you guys to figure out your roles.

I LOVE IT..but I'll be nice.

Alteration:

Any ability that targets the Nexus is redirected to a random player.  Any visible effects will reflect that it has been redirected:

i.e. Hammerer attacks Nexus.  Redirects to Litia.  Day message will read: "Litia was killed by a hammer.  The injury seems odd, as if the attacker didn't mean to hit them"

I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 02:19:09 pm »

I randomvote Free Beer. Unless he wants to give me free beer?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 03:04:00 pm »

Here, at the bottom of the page, is a link to the CPR doctor.

Hey Dakarian, why are you being so strict on all roles coming from mafiascum or other mafia games? Chill out, relax. What's the worst that can happen?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 04:56:00 pm »

In, and suggesting Judas.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 07:15:01 pm »

Actually, random voting doesn't really do much, since nobody will know they are scum until Night One at the very earliest. So, I'm going to go ahead and vote No Lynch.

MOD: Are the guesses for alignment and role independent? For example, if we are right about our role but wrong about our alignment, do we still get told our role? If they are not independent, can we not guess one part in order to gain more information about the other?

MOD: Also, the cool part about the hammerer was that they hammered anyone who targetted them, even during the day, and then only got their night kill if nobody targetted them that night. Is your interpretation of the role malleable enough to include this property as well? If not, is it possible to change my suggested role?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:13:16 pm »

There's a problem with this game: If you guess you're mafia, you automatically know you're mafia or not, no matter what. If you guess your role and don't guess if you're mafia... what then?
Pages: [1] 2