Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How the hell do I get rid of a owned pet bat vermin which has already escaped???  (Read 705 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made the mistake of making a tamed bat vermin available for adoption. I somehow got it from the last human caravan which was mauled by a siege (wrong time, wrong place :P ). I'm not sure how it got out of whatever cage it was in, but right now it's stockpile location puts it some 37 z-levels above the ground and I'm getting spammed by the owner that they are trying to recover it and it's inaccessable. Naturally, the vermin is invisible and all I see on the tile is open space.

I would kill the dwarf who owns it, but the owner is one of my founding 7 and I'm not going to off one of them just because the dumb pet refuses to come out of the sky.

I'll take a look at the raws and see if I can figure something out, maybe make it burst into flames or use the same trick I used to kill the cave spiders.

Edit: Actually, in looking at the raws, it says no winter, and it's early winter right now in the fort, so I'm going to have to wait until spring.....
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:43:36 pm by smjjames »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Herm. You might try building several platforms on top of each other where the bat is currently hanging out. Like a staircase surrounded by wide bridges. Maybe then the bat will be accessible.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really optional. Well it's possible to do so, but it's in the middle of nowhere, more than 50 tiles from the nearest solid ground.

Read my edit above though, since the raws say no winter and it's winter right now, I'll wait and see what happens in the spring.

I really hope he puts the thing in a cage.....

Edit: *grumble* It's gonna be a long winter..... :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:52:32 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, winter's over and the guy is still complaining. Not to mention the bat blinks in and oit of existence on the stock screen. It seems to be right above my fort atm, so if I remove flier, it should land in an accessable place.

Otherwise, anybody know how to get rid of a pet vermin like this? It's damn annoying......

Also, I swear there is a bug related to this.... nm, couldn't find a related bug, so it's just related to the already crazy vermin behavior.

Edit: Argh, moving to the modding forum, I tried to do a bunch of things and the damn thing is still invisible in midair............................................
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:00:50 pm by smjjames »

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook

Hrm.

Not 100% sure, but I had a tame rat wandering around for years before I noticed it showed up in the stock screen and tried dumping it, after which it vanished.

No idea if this will work in the case of one that's been made a pet or is inaccessible.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea well, I gave it a maxage and made it a webber, which did kill some other bats. Now it just has to get to land.....

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bah, fixed it by forbidding the critter, which should keep the owner from spamming out.