Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36919 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 3 - Vote phase
« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2009, 12:09:04 am »

How can you guys be so... short-sighted?

Think about what Kashyyk is saying! How on Earth could I possibly be an Archmage, let alone Cabal? His basis of reasoning is that I got a few lucky starts. So? You can't possibly be serious? I won the first duel because of massive boosts. I won the second on luck alone.

And Kashykk still hasn't bothered to answer if it's possible he was Nullified. Why? Because it's probably true. Which means that he either knows about a Nullifier, or he is just not going to listen to reason. Another possibility is one of those Subtle Wizards also boosting my speed.

The fact that you got me in the ring the second time is likely a conspiracy against me. I'd do it too, honestly. The fact that Kashyyk is focusing on me is crap. I think he's just trying to avoid the, not only possible, but probable assertions I've made. That's why he can make claims that I'm faster. That's why he can say that Pandarsenic was too slow in comparison. Because he KNOWS it's true! Hmm?

Kashyyk, what do you think about this?

I think that we need Webadict down. I am adamant about this and if we had hammer votes I would be hammering him. I know that we need someone to be the executioner and I'm willing to be that executioner, but I won't be able to achieve it on my own. Because Webadict is Cabal and almost certainly an Arch-mage i'm going to need all the assistance I can get. Of course, I wouldn't mind someone else being the executioner but I haven't seen any one step forward yet.
Oddly enough, I believe that YOU are a Cabal Archmage. You're asking for these boosts to make sure that luck can't possibly change any course. I'll assume there's three Cabal and that you win this round and you win. The only possible way to win is with a Grey Mage kill on Neruz, or a double fight between Kashyyk and Neruz, so that one Cabal is GUARANTEED to die.

At the moment, there's no advantage to having two scum in the ring, save removing every last possibility that a townie will die in battle.  As Janus said, a townie, if assisted by all of us, should be able to overcome the dark mage with little difficulty.  So it's something like a regular lynch, just that we have to put a townie at risk(albeit a low one if everyone were to assist).  Kashyyk has volunteered for the position, so I'm going to assume he can do something about it.

So long as the grey mage is still in play, the town can still come back and win this.  We just need to kill scum in the ring, and the grey mage has to hit true this time.  I think there's enough info floating around to make some good educated guesses as to who's scum (and I'm pretty sure you're one, Neruz).  Then it's only one scum left.

Jetsquirrel and Org need to get in here and help, though.
There is a reason for two Cabal in the ring. Not only do you know who is the most powerful when they fight, you can then Grey Mage the winner next Round. There's so many reasons to have two Cabal fight, and I have no idea why you believe otherwise. Probably because you're Cabal as well. Perhaps we should have Neruz and Kashyyk fight it out and then Grey Mage Frelock.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2009, 12:24:02 am »

eahhh......
Neruz and kashyyk

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2009, 12:26:16 am »

You're going to regret that decision when the real scum reveal themselves.

Well, all the real scum cept web, since we already know he's scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2009, 01:55:42 am »

You're going to regret that decision when the real scum reveal themselves.

Well, all the real scum cept web, since we already know he's scum.
I'm sure. Nice try.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 29, 2009, 02:38:20 am »

I just like how it's so clear that you're Cabal and you're so happy to have me and kashyyk in the ring, yet nobody seems to have noticed this. Your mind-wiping abilities are incredible.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 29, 2009, 10:28:23 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock: Neruz
JanusTwoface: Mr.Person
Kashyyk: Frelock, JanusTwoface, Jetsquirrel, Kashyyk, webadict
Neruz: Frelock, Jetsquirrel, Mr.Person, webadict
webadict: JanusTwoface, Kashyyk, Neruz

The Announcer's voice booms throughout the Arena!

"Fellow Wizards, we have our third round of Duelists. I present to you, Kashyyk and Neruz!!"

Ok, All votes are in! We move on to the set-up phase. Send in your side actions and post your assists!

Set up phase will go to ~10am Pacific Thursday or until we have all actions
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 3 - Set-up phase
« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2009, 11:21:23 am »

Why Jetsquirrel, why?

To Webadict: I'm sorry I must have missed your arguments about me being nullified. That could be true, You also comment on how a subtle mage might have helped you, that could also be true. But you see, I don't believe you needed that help.

To everybody, I personally believe the tower has lost to the Cabal, so unless you honestly beleive that either I or Neruz is scum I don't see the point of aiding either side.

To the Grey Mage: I know it is apparently scummy to ask PR to do stuff, but please take out Webadict.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #292 on: September 29, 2009, 01:55:27 pm »

Before I decide on an assist:
Kasyyk, do you think Neruz is scum? (why / why not)
Neruz, do you think Kashyyk is scum? (why / why not)

I'm personally leaning towards Neruz as more scummy, but I'd like to hear both viewpoints first.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 29, 2009, 02:19:22 pm »

Well, as I said before, I'm fairly certain that Neruz is scum, so I assist Kashyyk with Fire Attack
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2009, 04:47:21 pm »

Janus:

Well, I haven't seen Neruz's play style much so I'm not too sure. I believe that he may scum however. It's a non-committal answer I know, but I'm not sure myself.

Frelock: Thank you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2009, 07:32:42 pm »

Janus:

Well, I haven't seen Neruz's play style much so I'm not too sure. I believe that he may scum however. It's a non-committal answer I know, but I'm not sure myself.

Frelock: Thank you.
You're both scum. Get over it.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2009, 09:18:24 pm »

Before I decide on an assist:
Kasyyk, do you think Neruz is scum? (why / why not)
Neruz, do you think Kashyyk is scum? (why / why not)

I'm personally leaning towards Neruz as more scummy, but I'd like to hear both viewpoints first.

I don't think Kashyyk is scum, he hasn't really done anything suspicious and he was trying to get into the ring with web, and we can all be pretty sure by now that web is scum. I think Jetsquirrel has just screwed up big time and lost us the game.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 29, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »

I should add, Frelock's probably scum too, since this is the second time he's actively worked to push tower into the ring, and he seems so happy about it too.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 30, 2009, 01:18:54 pm »

Frelock inscribes Navy Blue runes of Fire in the air above Kashyyk to give him an Attack Boost

Reminder, you have until ~10am Pacific Tomorrow to post your assists and send in any side actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 30, 2009, 01:31:58 pm »

Well, I'm hoping more people get around to aid one of us before the end of the set-up phase. If one of us was Cabal it would be fairly one-sided right now.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26