Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36926 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 3 - Vote phase
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2009, 01:21:09 am »

And i'm singulary worried that you first vote an innocent townie into the ring with web, and he dies, and then you start a bandwagon to get Pandar into the ring with web, and he dies, and now you're locked onto me and Kashyyk, despite the fact that the most ovbious scum is web and that all i have against me is a bit of silliness. From my perspective you just look way too much like you're trying to get townies into the ring, and if i and Kashyyk end up in there, one of us will be dead, another will go down from a scum hit squad and then we're going to be in deep shit.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:22:42 am by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2009, 01:23:06 am »

Sorry, i edited a spelling mistake again. Gah.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2009, 01:23:57 am »

dont forget the greymage, he can also accidently kill a towny

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2009, 01:28:38 am »

True that, it's somewhat of a minor miracle that it seems the scum and the gray mage hit the same guy last round, either that or one or the other chose chose not to knock somone off. The fact that the victim was turned to stone and stabbed in the back suggests the former.

If we end up with even one dead scum and two dead townies, the scum come out on top. This is not a time for rash bandwagoning of the kind that Frelock seems to enjoy. (I never thought i'd say 'this is not a time for rash bandwagoning', first time for everything.)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2009, 02:11:31 am »

Alight, Neruz.  Would you prefer I put you and webadict together?  Really, I just want to see you dead.  The fact that you're aiming for me precisely when I start voting for you seems somewhat like a thinly veiled OMGUS, which only reaffirms my suspicions. 

In regards to my voting record, I will admit I've been wrong, but may I remind you that it's exactly(if we count Org's votes as yours) the same as yours?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2009, 02:23:03 am »

While i'd like to count Org's original vote as mine, i can't take credit for whatever thought process he used to decide it, and whether you'll believe me or not, i probably would not have voted web and Kirby into the ring on round one. Not that it would have mattered.

As for voting for you in an OMGUS reaction, well if you'll notice i voted for you before you voted for me, i switched my vote to Kashyyk out of respect for his request. It was only later after i reconsidered my vote that i realised that voting somone who had nothing really going for him into the ring with somone who is almost certainly scum is tantamount to a death warrent, especially since so far in both instances Web has come out just fine.

In fact, you voted me in direct response to my original vote for you, so i can't help but see the only OMGUS response here is yours, not mine.

With that transparent attempt at misdirection i'm now quite confident that you and web are scum and feel no compunctions about voting you into the ring together, your resistance to getting in the ring, despite the fact you seem confident that voting a tower into the ring with web and then assisting the tower he should be able to 'overcome the dark mage with little difficulty' (your own words) seems somewhat out of place. It's your plan, why are others carrying it out for you?

Finally, no i would not want to get into the ring with web unless i had reason to believe i would get substantial assists, i have no reason to believe any such thing, in fact an analysis of the patterns in the previous two rounds shows that despite suspicion falling on web, people still assisted him (even i did, and i'm not entirely sure why, it seemed like a good idea at the time) leads me to believe that if i were to get in the ring everyone would assist web and i'd end up dead.

I'd be quite happy to get in the ring with you however, since you appear to lack web's mysterious brain-washing powers.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2009, 02:53:02 am »

While i'd like to count Org's original vote as mine, i can't take credit for whatever thought process he used to decide it, and whether you'll believe me or not, i probably would not have voted web and Kirby into the ring on round one. Not that it would have mattered.

As for voting for you in an OMGUS reaction, well if you'll notice i voted for you before you voted for me, i switched my vote to Kashyyk out of respect for his request. It was only later after i reconsidered my vote that i realised that voting somone who had nothing really going for him into the ring with somone who is almost certainly scum is tantamount to a death warrent, especially since so far in both instances Web has come out just fine.

In fact, you voted me in direct response to my original vote for you, so i can't help but see the only OMGUS response here is yours, not mine.

With that transparent attempt at misdirection i'm now quite confident that you and web are scum and feel no compunctions about voting you into the ring together, your resistance to getting in the ring, despite the fact you seem confident that voting a tower into the ring with web and then assisting the tower he should be able to 'overcome the dark mage with little difficulty' (your own words) seems somewhat out of place. It's your plan, why are others carrying it out for you?

Finally, no i would not want to get into the ring with web unless i had reason to believe i would get substantial assists, i have no reason to believe any such thing, in fact an analysis of the patterns in the previous two rounds shows that despite suspicion falling on web, people still assisted him (even i did, and i'm not entirely sure why, it seemed like a good idea at the time) leads me to believe that if i were to get in the ring everyone would assist web and i'd end up dead.

I'd be quite happy to get in the ring with you however, since you appear to lack web's mysterious brain-washing powers.

I'd assist, you, but that's the only time I'd assist you.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2009, 10:12:24 am »

Kashyyk, what do you think about this?

I think that we need Webadict down. I am adamant about this and if we had hammer votes I would be hammering him. I know that we need someone to be the executioner and I'm willing to be that executioner, but I won't be able to achieve it on my own. Because Webadict is Cabal and almost certainly an Arch-mage i'm going to need all the assistance I can get. Of course, I wouldn't mind someone else being the executioner but I haven't seen any one step forward yet.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2009, 10:19:35 am »

so wait if we loose now 2 townies we loose?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2009, 12:43:43 pm »

Kashyyk, what do you think about this?

I think that we need Webadict down. I am adamant about this and if we had hammer votes I would be hammering him. I know that we need someone to be the executioner and I'm willing to be that executioner, but I won't be able to achieve it on my own. Because Webadict is Cabal and almost certainly an Arch-mage i'm going to need all the assistance I can get. Of course, I wouldn't mind someone else being the executioner but I haven't seen any one step forward yet.

I'll do it, assuming there's enough assistance. It doesn't really matter.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2009, 07:50:53 pm »

so wait if we loose now 2 townies we loose?

Depends on how many Cabal there are. If there's 2 Cabal and we lose 2 Tower we can still win. If there's 3 Cabal and we lose 2 Tower then it's effectively over. If there's 4 Cabal then it's already over.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2009, 07:53:30 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock: Neruz
JanusTwoface: Mr.Person
Kashyyk: Frelock, JanusTwoface, Kashyyk, webadict
Neruz: Frelock, Mr.Person, webadict
webadict: JanusTwoface, Kashyyk, Neruz

Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday, or until everyone has voted

Still waiting on Jetsquirrel to vote. Then we'll move on to the set-up phase.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2009, 08:41:42 pm »

Jetsquirrel:
- If you don't vote, Kashyyk fights Neruz or webadict randomly.
- If you vote Kashyyk and one of those two, those two fight.
- If you vote Neruz and webadict, two of those two plus Kashyyk will fight randomly.

Just wanted to let you know your options.  I don't think any votes on anyone else would matter unless something changes (like anyone changes their votes).

I would personally go for one of the first two, but the third works for me as well.

It's up to you.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2009, 10:20:51 pm »

Jetsquirrel:
- If you don't vote, Kashyyk fights Neruz or webadict randomly.
- If you vote Kashyyk and one of those two, those two fight.
- If you vote Neruz and webadict, two of those two plus Kashyyk will fight randomly.

Just wanted to let you know your options.  I don't think any votes on anyone else would matter unless something changes (like anyone changes their votes).

I would personally go for one of the first two, but the third works for me as well.

It's up to you.

You do realize that the first option and the third option have the same outcome, right?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #284 on: September 28, 2009, 10:42:09 pm »

I don't think so.

If I read correctly:
- Kashyyk has one more vote right now, so he will be chosen as the first dualist. Then the second dualist will be chosen from those tied for second (Neruz and webadict).
- If Neruz and webadict each get a vote, then both the first and second dualist are chosen randomly because it's a three way tie for first.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26