Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36932 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 3 - Vote phase
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2009, 08:49:31 pm »

No, looking at assists doesn't conclude anything. However, it is like looking at who votes whom and why in a mafia. That's the difference.

True, sometimes.

Also, since everyone seems to have jumped on a new bandwagon, and i'm never one to miss a bandwagon, i shall unvote Frelock and vote Kashyyk instead.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2009, 09:26:22 pm »

Alright, first I'd like to say: sorry about yesterday.  I made a bad call, that somehow sent everyone up into a riot against Panda and Web.  Kashyyk (to a lesser extent), Janus, and Neruz, please don't just say "I agree with Frelock" and vote.  My reasoning could be (and often is) flawed.

Neruz:
Also, vote Frelock, because he started the bandwagon to get Pandar in the ring with his logicses.
Also, since everyone seems to have jumped on a new bandwagon, and i'm never one to miss a bandwagon, i shall unvote Frelock and vote Kashyyk instead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You're either a fool, or... I don't even know.  Vote Neruz He's bandwagoning, OMGUS'ed webadict, and his self-admitted insanity, unlike Toonyman's, fails to find scum, making him generally unhelpful.

And since Kashyyk wants to get into the ring, vote Kashyyk
All generalizations are false....including this one.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2009, 09:35:21 pm »

Kashyyk seems to want to go into the ring.
webadict is being webadict and is being rather over successful in the ring.  This is worrying.
Neruz is being bandwagony (I did as well, admittedly) and rather crazy sounding.

Thus, to Kashyyk, webadict, and Neruz:

If two of the three of you were to end up in the ring, which you would prefer it to be? (And why).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2009, 09:40:47 pm »

webadict is being webadict and is being rather over successful in the ring.  This is worrying.
Neruz is being bandwagony (I did as well, admittedly) and rather crazy sounding.

If two of the three of you were to end up in the ring, which you would prefer it to be? (And why).
Obviously Neruz and Kashyyk. I believe them to be two of the scum. It's so obvious. That way, we'll get one scum dead.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2009, 09:48:18 pm »

This is a retarded question. It's like asking, "At lylo, would you rather get lynched or not?"
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 27, 2009, 10:00:43 pm »

Kashyyk and webadict. Why? Because despite my apparant insanity i have come to a number of logical conclusions.

Mr.Person and Jetsquirrel have been eerily quiet throughout most of the game, along with Frelock and Kashyyk, rarely chiming in and never continuing a discussion for long. At face value this seems very suspcious, but my previous experience in Mafia (admittedly with a very different group of people, so it may be less relevant on these forums) has shown that the quiet people are usually not scum, but rather are the important roles like the doctor or policeman (or in this case the Gray Mage, Guardian and Justicar). The scum usually try to double-bluff, by thinking "I'm scum, i should try not to be noticed. Oh wait, everyone's going to think that, i should get involved and talk alot so they won't suspect me!" So i'm immediately less suspicious of them and more suspicious of web.

webadict in particular is very suspicious. He's been in the ring twice now, and both times he's won. Now of course the game is random, but those extra Cabal stats would definitely help, and i'd like to get Web into the ring one more time, because i suspect he'll come up smelling of roses yet again, and that will be good enough proof for me.

Furthermore, both times there have been people who randomly assisted webadict for no apparant reason (indeed i was one of them, my reason being mostly that i didn't feel confidant enough either way, but felt that not assisting might look like i was trying to draw attention away from myself and would attract the Gray Mage.) This is all incredibly suspicious.

As for Kashyyk, i just explained that i don't suspect the quiet people didn't i? Well, actually no. Only a fool puts all his eggs in one basket, and only a stupid scum team would have all it's members be loud and attention-grabbing. Now i will admit after actually thinking about my position instead of going "Bandwagon, whee!" i think Frelock is far more likely than Kashyyk. Neither Mr.Person nor Jetsquirrel have done anything suspicious, but Frelock was behind the bandwagon to get Pandar into the ring, not only that but in the first round he also tried to get Org and webadict into the ring. Notice a pattern here? Each time he's tried to get webadict and somone else into the ring, webadict looks to be very likely to be scum, if Frelock knows this then he's playing a rather clever game; get webadict into the ring with an innocent and kill off the innocent. He was also quite happy to change his vote to webadict and ExKirby, i'm seeing a common denominator here.

So based on this reasoning, i'm thinking Kashyyk is clean and has been duped into getting into the ring with webadict. So i say unvote Kashyyk and revote Frelock.

I will also adjust my earlier statement; i'd rather see web in the arena, and not me and Kashyyk. I'm pretty sure web is scum now, and i don't want to see anyone in that arena who doesn't look alot like scum. And ovbiously i don't want to get in the arena with him because i'm pretty sure i'll end up dead, and i don't want to be in the arena with Kashyyk because i'm pretty sure he's innocent.
We're running out of tower to be taking risks here.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 27, 2009, 10:02:12 pm »

This is a retarded question. It's like asking, "At lylo, would you rather get lynched or not?"

Actually, in this mafia it's somewhat of a valid question.  If you're in the ring, you've got a buddy who can help you beat the other guy, where as if you go in alone (for the final round), you will have no assists.  It might be better to try to fake out the other guy as to your element rather than just let him guess.  It's still better to get the by, but the fact that lynch != kill in this mafia makes it somewhat valid.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 27, 2009, 10:03:37 pm »

I should also add that Frelock's apparantly trying to get Me and Kashyyk into the arena, despite the fact that web is easily the most suspicious person here. This seems very strange.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2009, 10:13:49 pm »

I should also add that Frelock's apparantly trying to get Me and Kashyyk into the arena, despite the fact that web is easily the most suspicious person here. This seems very strange.
...Are you serious? YOU'RE the most suspicious person here. Kashyyk is less suspicious, but he's betting on some ridiculous math to persuade everyone. He's wrong and he knows it.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 27, 2009, 10:43:31 pm »

And what exactly have i done which is so suspicious? Apart from assist you.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 27, 2009, 11:05:12 pm »

My main problem with you is your bandwagoning and your "insanity."  As to Kashyyk; I could care less if he goes into the arena, but he wants to and I see no reason not to assist him.  It means he's less likely to be the grey mage, or to have any pro-town side actions for that matter.  We can't stop the scum from killing at the moment, so I don't mind getting only one in the arena, so long as I'm relatively certain about that one.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #266 on: September 27, 2009, 11:13:51 pm »

My main problem with you is your bandwagoning and your "insanity."  As to Kashyyk; I could care less if he goes into the arena, but he wants to and I see no reason not to assist him.  It means he's less likely to be the grey mage, or to have any pro-town side actions for that matter.  We can't stop the scum from killing at the moment, so I don't mind getting only one in the arena, so long as I'm relatively certain about that one.

Are you suggesting that we put Neruz and Kashyyk in the ring and assist Kashyyk?  If this is what you are aiming for, I can agree with it. Neruz is looking more scummy.  If Kashyyk does happen to be scum (someone has to be), then a scum will die. If Kashyyk is town, all of our assistance should overcome the cabal bonus.

Kashyyk, what do you think about this?

Meph, can we get an official updated vote count?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 27, 2009, 11:49:16 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
Frelock: Neruz
JanusTwoface: Mr.Person
Kashyyk: Frelock, JanusTwoface, Kashyyk, webadict
Neruz: Frelock, Mr.Person, webadict
webadict: JanusTwoface, Kashyyk, Neruz

Vote phase ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday, or until everyone has voted
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2009, 12:53:13 am »

So you're perfectly certain that i'm scum and that web isn't? I do have to ask if you're playing the same game as the rest of us, or if you're just trying to get me into the ring because i've figured out your scum affiliation.

It's interesting that you seem so dedicated to getting me and Kashyyk into the ring, especially when you have freely admitted you know Kashyyk is probably not scum.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2009, 01:07:35 am »

At the moment, there's no advantage to having two scum in the ring, save removing every last possibility that a townie will die in battle.  As Janus said, a townie, if assisted by all of us, should be able to overcome the dark mage with little difficulty.  So it's something like a regular lynch, just that we have to put a townie at risk(albeit a low one if everyone were to assist).  Kashyyk has volunteered for the position, so I'm going to assume he can do something about it.

So long as the grey mage is still in play, the town can still come back and win this.  We just need to kill scum in the ring, and the grey mage has to hit true this time.  I think there's enough info floating around to make some good educated guesses as to who's scum (and I'm pretty sure you're one, Neruz).  Then it's only one scum left.

Jetsquirrel and Org need to get in here and help, though.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26