Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36987 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 1 - Set-Up phase
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2009, 01:40:28 pm »

Ok, I'll find someone Org.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 1 - Set-Up phase (Replacement needed)
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2009, 01:59:27 pm »

I helped webadict because I hope to use him as a "tank," since I believe he has a combat-oriented role, and have him wear himself down as a sort of executioner until I can finish him off myse-

I mean, because I love webby.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 1 - Set-Up phase
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2009, 02:02:07 pm »

So my question to you and everyone else who helped webadict is: Why did you help him? Why not ExKirby? Or do you all already believe that Exkirby is Scum. If so, show me the evidence.

I asked both of them questions and heard both of them out. I didn't think either of them were members of the Cabal, so I was left with a tough choice.

ExKirby's behavior, notably how he continually pulls out his wand, was a bit unsettling to me. Couldn't he fill his posts with something more substantial? So I decided to help webadict.

I might have missed somewhere the reasoning for everyone helping Webadict, but until you point it out to me I believe that the Town is basically lynching ExKirby.

ExKirby did vote for himself, so it's not like he's entirely faultless for the current situation he's in.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 1 - Set-Up phase (Replacement needed)
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2009, 02:16:55 pm »

ExKirby walks out into the Area on the North Side. He raises his wand aloft and Dark Red runes of power explode in the air above him. As the runelight simmers down it coalesces into shining spears of Ice. These icy javalins hover about him as he lowers his wand and readies himself for the duel's start.

Webadict strides out on to the Arena on the South Side, a tall staff in hand. Topping the staff is a large Topaz, which begins to glow as he walks to his starting point. With a wave of the staff bright Yellow runes begin to swirl in the air around him, moving faster and faster until he is surrounded by a wall of Air.

As the Marshal of the Games lets loose a blast of multi-colored light to signal the start of the Duel the mages spring into action. Webadict is faster, and he sends a gust of wind rushing towards ExKirby. EXKirby raises his wand and creates a shimmering wall of red light that sends the air flowing harmlessly around him. He then snaps his wand down, and spears of ice rush towards Webadict. But the yellow-runed mage springs high in the air, floating on invisible currents, and the ice shatters beneath him.

Floating gently to the ground webadict slashes with his staff, and a crescent of wind buffets ExKirby. He staggers backwards and tumbles to the ground. Wincing, he thrusts his wand out and sends a hailstorm of ice at his opponent. Yellow runes form a dome over webadict, however, and the ice bounces harmlessly to the ground at this feet.

Slamming his staff on the ground Webadict forms another glowing twister of air and sends it hurtling at ExKirby. But the red mage is prepared and dodges out of the way, a spray of ice and freezing water erupting from his hands. You all stare in horror, however, as Jim Groovester tumbles down from the stands and rolls right in the way of the blast! The surprised wizard has no time to prepare defenses, and is encased in ice! The Marshal calls for a brief pause in the combat while the Medics come and retrieve the hapless spectator, who is taken off to the Healing Ward for treatment.

As the two wizards face off, Webadict again gets the jump on ExKirby. A wall of glowing yellow runes forms before him and rushes with a thundering roar down at ExKirby. The red wizard forms a shell of runes around himself, but the might of the yellow assault splinters his defenses. He is sent reeling backwards with a bloodied nose. He shakes his head and summons a giant ball of ice above webadict. Looking above him just in time he dashes out of the way. Shards of ice glance off of his runic shields, but he is otherwise unhurt.

Taking advantage of his distraction, ExKirby fires another volley of Ice Spears at Webadict. The yellow wizard's wards explode the ice into a fine mist, which simmers golden in the light of his next offensive spell. Rolling waves of dust and ice particles slam over ExKirby, but as the air clears you see him standing calmly as his red runes fade again.

Webadict was not idle, however, and as ExKirby prepares his next attack a giant twister of glowing yellow light decends upon him from the top of the Arena. Unprepared for this assault ExKirby is sent flying high into the air. He lands with a sickening crunch on the ground at webadict's feet. Since he does not stir from that spot, the Marshal declares that Webadict is the victor of this duel!

As Webadict strides out of the Arena to the cheering of the spectators, the Healers silently gather up ExKirby's shattered body and take him off to the Healing Ward for Treatment.

Also, you hear an odd croaking sound. It appears that Leafsnail was turned into a large frog sometime during the duel. How bizarre. Sadly for him, it means he's out of the tournament as well.

Looking up at the glowing Announcement Board, you see the following Statements:

ExKirby, Battle Mage of Water has lost a duel and is removed from the Tournament!
  Leafsnail, Wizard of Fire has had a Polymorph accident, and is removed from the Tournament!
  Jim Groovester, War Mage of Water has suffered an accident and is removed from the Tournament!

Ok, Duel 1 is over with Webadict as the Winner! Voting for the second round of duelists begins now!

The Vote phase will go until ~10am pacific Wednesday or until all votes are in.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:20:32 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 2 - Vote phase (Replacement needed)
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2009, 02:19:57 pm »

Wait, Jim Groovestar and Leafsnail both got taken out? I guess one was Cabal'd, the other was Greymage'd?

Do we get roleflips?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2009, 02:21:03 pm »

Do we get roleflips?

Yeah, sorry, just remembered to do that. I'm also going to update the Player List in the OP
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2009, 02:23:48 pm »

Dammit, I knew this was going to happen. Knew it, I tell you! Knew it!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2009, 02:24:05 pm »

*Ribbit*  *Ribbit*

[Awesome flavour text, by the way]

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2009, 02:27:31 pm »

So I'm guessing that means we're three townies down.  I helped Webadict because people had already started assisting and I see him as the stronger player.  Also, his "trap" seemed logical to me, and exkirby didn't have much going for him.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2009, 02:31:50 pm »

Yes. In the OP you will see removed players listed as 'Tower' or 'Cabal'. Tower is essentially town, I just needed a more Wizardly word for it. If a Cabal wizard is incapacitated I will note that in the announcement as well.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2009, 02:33:26 pm »

Vote MrPerson and I'll keep my other vote clear, for now. I would vote Webadict, but I think he deserves a break.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2009, 02:36:43 pm »

Hey, Meph, on your first post, JanusTwoFace didn't get eliminated.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2009, 02:48:19 pm »

Oops. Fixed.
Come play Mafia with us!

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2009, 03:37:53 pm »

Hmm... I feel stubborn today.

I want to see Pandarsenic in the ring.

I really want to know why Exkirby wanted Org in the ring.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2009, 03:48:37 pm »

Hey, Meph, on your first post, JanusTwoFace didn't get eliminated.

For I am The Wizard Who Dies And Then Is Born Again Without Any Particular Reason To Do So! (/funny)

More seriously, I'm going to vote Org first until a replacement is found.  I seem to recall him being lynched and being mafia in a previous game for lurking.  I guess it's a worthwhile strategy, especially if one is busy and if he's tower, at least we haven't exactly any particularly advanced scum hunting abilities.  On the other hand, if a replacement is found, we'll go from there.

With my second vote, I am still suspicious of Kashyyk although perhaps less so than I originally was for his responses last night.

Also, I am still suspicious of Pandarsenic, more so now that ExKirby has turned tower.  But I only have two votes.  Sadness.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26