Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36990 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 1 - Set-Up phase
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2009, 02:56:16 pm »

Seeing as I need to clear up my reasoning, I'll give an explanation.

I saw Org as lurker scum, and, based on my role, determined that it would be better if I were to fight. I meant no harm, and it's too late to change votes.

But Org hadn't even posted when you voted for him. How can you reach that conclusion with nothing to go off of?

webadict, I understand your reasoning, but I disagree with it. I don't think that you volunteering would mean much to the Cabal. Even if it was only you that volunteered, all they would need to do to get an ideal scenario out of the first duel would be vote for some other player that looked suspicious. Hell, they could've just gone and voted for Org, and agreed with Leafsnail's reasons for voting for him at the beginning.

Scum go after the easy lynch, right? And the easiest lynch in this game would be all the people who want to go into the ring willingly.

I'll wait for ExKirby to respond, but I'm leaning heavily towards supporting webadict at this point.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2009, 03:00:03 pm »

Seeing as I need to clear up my reasoning, I'll give an explanation.

I saw Org as lurker scum, and, based on my role, determined that it would be better if I were to fight. I meant no harm, and it's too late to change votes.

But Org hadn't even posted when you voted for him. How can you reach that conclusion with nothing to go off of?

webadict, I understand your reasoning, but I disagree with it. I don't think that you volunteering would mean much to the Cabal. Even if it was only you that volunteered, all they would need to do to get an ideal scenario out of the first duel would be vote for some other player that looked suspicious. Hell, they could've just gone and voted for Org, and agreed with Leafsnail's reasons for voting for him at the beginning.

Scum go after the easy lynch, right? And the easiest lynch in this game would be all the people who want to go into the ring willingly.

I'll wait for ExKirby to respond, but I'm leaning heavily towards supporting webadict at this point.
Yeah... it was early game when I voted, and when I got back, voting was already closed. So basically, a random vote gone wrong. I take all responsibility.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2009, 03:33:03 pm »

That seems a reasonable enough explanation.

Well crap.

I don't really think one or the other is a member of the Cabal, but ExKirby's odd behavior after he voted for himself and Org worries me.

Thus, I will assist webadict with attack using the fire element.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2009, 03:53:13 pm »

I'll assist Webadict's Speed (WITH FIRE?). Best if he can finish off his opponent quickly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2009, 03:58:34 pm »

Hmm, I agree that webadict's reasoning seems more sound, and it does throw suspicion on ExKirby.  I'd personally like to see this fight without any buffs whatsoever, to get a better feel for the winner's stats.  However, since everyone's gone and buffed Webadict already, I'll assist Webadict's healing with Water
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2009, 04:02:01 pm »

I do think webadict's thinkings are very reasonable, although I am biased. Gunning for me without much of a reason other than lurking though I hadnt a chance to post? Ill assist webadicts defense with Earth.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2009, 04:02:07 pm »

Webadict's Speed (WITH FIRE?)
It will certainly provide an incentive to go faster.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2009, 10:32:26 pm »

In the interest of keeping things organized,

Unofficial Glowing Tally Board

webadict:
   Org, defense, earth
   Frelock, healing, water
   Pandarsenic, speed, fire
   Jim Groovester, attack, fire
   Leafsnail, attack, fire
   Jetsquirrel, earth, defense (can change vote)

ExKirby:
   SniHjen, earth, defense (can change vote)

No Assist:
   Mr. Person (can change vote)

Unreported:
   JanusTwoFace
   Kashyyk

I think that's accurate. Unless ExKirby is an Archmage, it looks like webadict is going to walk all over him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:37 pm »

The number of people assisting Webadict disturbs me. I feel like the Cabal are bandwagoning onto Webadict either to make themselves look better for assisting a townsperson or to help their scumbuddy, so I'm going to say to everybody who's assisting Webadict: I'm going to scrutinize you.

Unless, of course, ExKirby flips scum, then we have a whole second can of worms to deal with.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2009, 10:43:13 pm »

I don't see how anything I do at this point will help matters one way or the other, so I'm going to stay out of the fight.

I think that both are somewhat suspicious for jumping into the ring themselves (I've already gone into this).  webadict for being one of (if not the) first to do so and ExKirby for *accidentally* ending in the ring (or so he claims).  It does look suspicious both ways.

On the other hand, I think that we may have ended up with two perfectly innocent mages in the ring and are completely ignoring the actual scum.  Then again, we are all trying to become the High Mage, so I guess that works out as well...

Long story short: Unless something comes up that convinces me that one is much more likely scum, I'll just let fate (and all of the people that have already committed themselves) decide.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2009, 12:43:05 am »

Actions so far

Frelock inscribes Navy Blue runes of Water in the air above webadict to give him additional Healing
Jetsquirrel inscribes Green runes of Earth in the air above webadict to give him a Defense Boost
Jim Groovester inscribes Green runes of Fire in the air above webadict to give him an Attack Boost
Leafsnail inscribes Turquoise runes of Fire in the air above webadict to give him an Attack Boost
Org inscribes Cobalt runes of Earth in the air above webadict to give him a Defense Boost
Pandarsenic inscribes Pink runes of Fire in the air above webadict to give him a Speed Boost
SniHjen inscribes Void Black runes of Earth in the air above ExKirby to give him a Defense Boost
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2009, 02:10:20 am »

Pandarsenic inscribes Pink runes of Fire in the air above webadict to give him a Speed Boost
YESSSSSSS
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2009, 02:34:18 am »

SniHjen inscribes Void Black runes of Earth in the air above ExKirby to give him a Defense Boost

Void Black? You've got to be kidding me. That's a pretty dark choice for a color.

Anyways, some midnight thoughts.

I don't think wizards should be non-committal when it comes to assisting. If you can't figure out who to assist based on our primary goal to find the Cabal, then assist somebody based on your secondary goal to win the tournament. At the very least, assist a wizard so that he gets rid of the person you think is a more powerful foe.

Additionally, being non-committal makes you look like you're trying to stay above the fray, like you don't want to get your hands dirty in an unintentional incapacitation of a Tower wizard. There's WIFOM potential in this. While it doesn't necessarily mean you're Cabal, it certainly makes people wonder what you're doing and it draws attention to yourself.

Picking who's going to fight in Duel 2 is going to be a pain, what with all this WIFOM we already have going on.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2009, 02:44:10 am »

Void Black? You've got to be kidding me. That's a pretty dark choice for a color.

... I missed that. What's the deal there, SniHjen?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2009, 03:31:58 am »

If my stats are correct, I may just be able to squeeze a win. I highly doubt it, though.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26