Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 37012 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Day 1 has started
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2009, 05:36:50 pm »

Sorry Janus, multi tabs may have confused me.  Unvote JanusTwoFace.

And, personally, I see WIFOM potential in volunteering for a fight.  For instance "If I say I want to have a fight, the town will think I'm on their side (the scum can ill afford to waste a member), and thus I may not actually get voted in".  I personally think that one of the people posting may be bandwagoning in this way, and I suspect SniHjen of this most (blue being FoS).  This is because of his insistance that voting yourself should be the rule, rather than the exception, and therefore the slightly weird idea that we shouldn't vote for him because he wants to be voted for.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2009, 05:41:41 pm »

Org, is that a vote for ExKirby? Also, remember that you have two votes, not just one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2009, 06:02:24 pm »

Exkirby

Webadict

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2009, 06:05:56 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
ExKirby: ExKirby, Frelock, Jetsquirrel, Jim Groovester, Org
Frelock: Pandarsenic
Kashyyk: JanusTwoface, Kashyyk, webadict
Org: ExKirby, JanusTwoface, Leafsnail
Pandarsenic: SniHjen
SniHjen: SniHjen
webadict: Frelock, Jetsquirrel, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Org, Pandarsenic, webadict

I will probably close the voting phase once Leafsnail puts a second vote back up and Mr.Person votes. Since only half the information you get is from vote history, moving on the the Set-up phase where you get the other half seems reasonably.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2009, 06:08:04 pm »

ExKirby, you said this:

After flicking through previous posts, I can determine that I want Me and Org to fight. I have my reasoning.

Care to elaborate on what this reasoning is?

People who deliberately withhold their reasoning set off more alarms for me than people who give faulty reasoning.

Huh, well it looks like the set-up will end pretty soon, so I guess you can answer this question pending your survival in the fight.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2009, 06:16:57 pm »

Err, I guess ExKirby can answer my question towards him if he shows up up before Mr. Person and Leafsnail do.

I need a clarification about the Duel Phase. Do we post in this thread who we plan on assisting in the fight, or do we PM you our actions which are then reported once the Duel is resolved?

I'm guessing the former, but it wasn't clear.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2009, 06:28:30 pm »

The set-up phase goes like this:

Each player posts which mage they will assist, in what way (Attack, Defense, Speed, or Healing), and with what Element. You may choose to Abstain from aiding a Mage. Subtle Mages may simply choose not to post (they may PM me instead). Any mage who does not post by the time the Duel Starts will automatically Abstain.

The two Duelists must PM me with the Element they are going to Attack with. You may also PM me your Arena Entrance if you so desire.

Also during this phase every mage with a Side-Action, including the Cabal, will PM me with their actions. Once I have all Assists and Side-Actions (or the deadline is met), I will run the Duel and write-up the results of the Duel plus the results of any Side-actions.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2009, 09:27:28 pm »

Vote Frelock and Org.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2009, 09:47:51 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
ExKirby: ExKirby, Frelock, Jetsquirrel, Jim Groovester, Org
Frelock: Mr.Person, Pandarsenic
Kashyyk: JanusTwoface, Kashyyk, webadict
Org: ExKirby, JanusTwoface, Leafsnail, Mr.Person
Pandarsenic: SniHjen
SniHjen: SniHjen
webadict: Frelock, Jetsquirrel, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Org, Pandarsenic, webadict

The Announcer's voice booms throughout the Arena!

"Fellow Wizards, we have our first Duelists. I present to you, ExKirby and Webadict!!"

Ok, since the votes are pretty well set at this point and Leafsnail's final vote wouldn't change the outcome, I'm closing the Vote phase and starting the Set-up phase.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 1 - Set-Up phase
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »

So how does this phase work?  So far as I read it, we need to post who we are going to assist (if either) and with which affinity, yes?

More important question, is this basically a second discussion phase where we talk about which is more likely to be scum or should our posts be limited to assist / affinity posts?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2009, 11:14:18 pm »

I gather that this is a second opportunity for discussion about who we think the Cabal is. Since we publicly declare our actions, it gives us a chance to question people based on whom they are assisting and how. As Meph said, this is the second half of our information gathering.

Once we declare who we're assisting and once Meph gets all the side role actions, I think the duel will then be resolved.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2009, 12:53:04 am »

I'll wait for the people who havn't voted for themselves to explain why they don't want to be in the ring.

I guess this is partially aimed at me then, huh?

...2) it blocks all of their roles...

Didn't realize that was possible.

Sideactions, not nightactions, pay attention SniHjen!

Exkirby and webadict have garnered equals amount of suspicion, and webadict is going to be supported by virtue of being webadict, I'll support Exkirby.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2009, 03:12:18 am »

Since I don't think either are more likely to be scum, and both willingly threw themselves into the arena, I'm not sure who to help.

However, I think Webadict would be the more useful of the two, and also was the first to suggest putting himself to the arena.  I'm inclined to support him, unless Exkirby has a good reason not to...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2009, 04:03:47 am »

Since they both have questions posed to them that they haven't answered, due to them not being available, I'll refrain from supporting one over the other until they answer them.

ExKirby wanted to throw himself and Org into the ring, didn't specify why, and acted oddly after he voted. webadict said that we should get two Cabal wizards in the ring, and then voted for himself.

Of these two suspicious activities, although really, they could just be completely innocuous, I believe ExKirby's to be worse, since he hid his reasoning deliberately. webadict maybe just made a mistake.

They'll need to make their case one way or the other, but I'll probably end up supporting webadict.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2009, 04:26:51 am »

Since they both have questions posed to them that they haven't answered, due to them not being available, I'll refrain from supporting one over the other until they answer them.

ExKirby wanted to throw himself and Org into the ring, didn't specify why, and acted oddly after he voted. webadict said that we should get two Cabal wizards in the ring, and then voted for himself.

Of these two suspicious activities, although really, they could just be completely innocuous, I believe ExKirby's to be worse, since he hid his reasoning deliberately. webadict maybe just made a mistake.

They'll need to make their case one way or the other, but I'll probably end up supporting webadict.
Seeing as I need to clear up my reasoning, I'll give an explanation.

I saw Org as lurker scum, and, based on my role, determined that it would be better if I were to fight. I meant no harm, and it's too late to change votes.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26