Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36992 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 1 - Set-Up phase
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2009, 04:38:10 am »

My reasoning for putting myself forward is, with hindsight, flawed. I believed that since I had no special role I was not much use to the town. I see now that I can be useful in giving aid to the Towny duelists.

On a different note, I too am not sure about Webadict or ExKirby being Mafia. I'll have to think on it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2009, 06:26:32 am »

Hmm, while I am inclined to support webadict, I'd still like an explanation of his reasoning and why he wanted to go to the ring today.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2009, 07:49:23 am »

Or you can just go for me?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2009, 08:01:47 am »

I am not sure who to help, though I am leaning towards web. But, for now, Ill abstain til he explain himself.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Day 1 has started
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2009, 11:28:10 am »

The set-up phase goes like this:

Each player posts which mage they will assist, in what way (Attack, Defense, Speed, or Healing), and with what Element. You may choose to Abstain from aiding a Mage. Subtle Mages may simply choose not to post (they may PM me instead). Any mage who does not post by the time the Duel Starts will automatically Abstain.

The two Duelists must PM me with the Element they are going to Attack with. You may also PM me your Arena Entrance if you so desire.

Also during this phase every mage with a Side-Action, including the Cabal, will PM me with their actions. Once I have all Assists and Side-Actions (or the deadline is met), I will run the Duel and write-up the results of the Duel plus the results of any Side-actions.

Just a reminder post of what everyone needs to do.

When assisting, you need to tell me which mage you are assisting, what Element you are using, and what kind of assistance you are granting.

Attack Boost, Defense Boost, Healing, and Speed Boost are your options.
Using Fire will increase the effect of an Attack Boost
Using Earth will increase the effect of a Defense Boost
Using Air will increase the effect of a Speed Boost
Using Water will increase the effect of Healing

If you use the same Element as the Affinity of the Mage you are assisting they will get double the boost
If you use the opposite Element as the Affinity of the Mage you are assisting they will get half the boost (rounded down)

The difference between Healing and Defense is also generally based on Element and Affinity. If the Attacker uses the Opposite Element from the Defender's, Defense is better. If the Attacker uses the same Element, Healing is better. If one of the other two Elements is used, either is just as effective.

Let me know if there are any questions or confusion about this.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2009, 12:23:40 pm »

do you need to assist?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2009, 12:29:43 pm »

No. You may choose not to assist anyone. If you do so, please state so.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2009, 12:36:45 pm »

Then i WIsh to Not assist

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2009, 12:43:46 pm »

No assistance. Although if I did, I would probably assist ExKirby, because Webadict seems pretty confident. Not sure if that's his gambling face, but whatever.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2009, 12:49:48 pm »

Since they both have questions posed to them that they haven't answered, due to them not being available, I'll refrain from supporting one over the other until they answer them.

ExKirby wanted to throw himself and Org into the ring, didn't specify why, and acted oddly after he voted. webadict said that we should get two Cabal wizards in the ring, and then voted for himself.

Of these two suspicious activities, although really, they could just be completely innocuous, I believe ExKirby's to be worse, since he hid his reasoning deliberately. webadict maybe just made a mistake.

They'll need to make their case one way or the other, but I'll probably end up supporting webadict.
Yes, I wanted two Cabal mages to jump into the ring. The problem with the first Round, however, is that it's much more difficult to have someone go into the ring if there's no incentive. I figured that the scum would more likely volunteer themselves AFTER I had volunteered myself. So, basically anyone that followed me is more likely to be scum than not. Which means...

SniHgen, ExKirby, Kashyyk are the most suspicious. However, I don't think it's going to be all of them. It'll probably be 2 of the 3. My guess is that SniHgen is less likely scum, as the other two voted both myself and themselves.

Plus, I figured I'd have at least an okay time with fighting the first fight. And look closely at what happens before and after the duel.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2009, 12:54:28 pm »

Assist Webadict WIth Defense and the Element Earth

Webadict atleast got my assist with a reason

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2009, 01:38:47 pm »

Assist Webadict WIth Defense and the Element Earth

Webadict atleast got my assist with a reason

In the spirit of a fair fight:

Assist ExKirbywith Defence and the element earth.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2009, 01:44:08 pm »

Oh, yes, a rule I seem to have neglected to mention earlier:

Unlike voting, you cannot change your assist once you put it in red. Once you place the assist you have scribed the runes of power over your chosen mage, and they cannot be undone.

JetSquirrel and SniHjen may change theirs if they wish, since I had not stated this rule before now.

Bah, I can't belive how much I'm forgetting to do this time. Set-up phase ends ~10am Pacific Tuesday or whenever I have all actions
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 02:04:09 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2009, 02:10:53 pm »

hmmmm that can come in handy

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2009, 02:51:52 pm »

Ok, I think webadict's explanation is a good one, and I agree with him.  Assist Webadict with Attack and the element Fire.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26