Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36931 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 2 - Set-up phase
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2009, 12:26:38 am »

Assist webadict with Defense and earth

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2009, 12:41:36 am »

Eh? What do you mean?
I'm asking if you're implying that either bandwagons are good, or if I'm suspicious for voting Pandarsenic before being on a bandwagon?

I'm saying that if anyone can be marked as suspicious for voting Pandar in, it's the people who joined before the 'bandwagon', you stand out a bit more than most when you take into account that the 'bandwagon' people followed Frelock's logic, yet you apparantly disagreed with Frelock's logic and voted for Pandar anyway.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2009, 01:12:18 am »

Assist pandarsenic with Defense and water

Since people seem to think that Pandar is firealligned.

I have no glue what I am doing, why not.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2009, 01:39:21 am »

Assist webadict with Defense and earth WITH NO EXPLANATION OF MY REASONING WHATSOEVER

YOU ARE YOU ASSISTING WEBADICT WITH NO EXPLANATION OF YOUR REASONING WHATSOEVER?

Do you want whichever of us lives to take more damage before striking the finishing blow?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2009, 09:05:52 am »

We should totally just repeat the first battle and all assist webadict with no explanation of our reasoning whatsoever.

Ah crap, i need to sleep now. Um, er. Fuck it.

Assist webadict with Defense and earth.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 25, 2009, 09:07:07 am »

i was at that time too lazy to think up a reason

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 25, 2009, 09:08:46 am »

'Because' is good enough for me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2009, 11:27:03 am »

Assist webadict with Defense and earth WITH NO EXPLANATION OF MY REASONING WHATSOEVER

YOU ARE YOU ASSISTING WEBADICT WITH NO EXPLANATION OF YOUR REASONING WHATSOEVER?

Do you want whichever of us lives to take more damage before striking the finishing blow?
???

Our health is reset after each match...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2009, 12:05:41 pm »

Jetsquirrel inscribes Green runes of Earth in the air above webadict to give him a Defense Boost
Kashyyk inscribes Mauve runes of Air in the air above Pandarsenic to give him a Speed Boost
Mr.Person inscribes Pink runes of Fire in the air above Pandarsenic to give him additional Healing
Neruz inscribes Cobalt runes of Earth in the air above webadict to give him a Defense Boost
SniHjen inscribes Void Black runes of Water in the air above Pandarsenic to give him a Defense Boost

Reminder: Set-up phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today. If you have not posted your assist by then you will do nothing.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:32:32 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2009, 04:44:55 pm »

I'm still of the opinion that both are the same alignment. At the moment, that leaves them pretty well matched (except for Pandar's higher speed), so I will refrain from assisting either side again. If a tower member flips, we have to seriously reconsider our strategy. If a cabal member flips, I know who I'll vote for (pending any new information).

Also, I Prolly won't be back on until tommow, so that will be my final decision unless something changes in real life.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2009, 06:03:26 pm »

Im back, but neruz can keep going.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2009, 07:50:51 pm »

Webadict strides out onto the floor of the arena once again. With a crack of his staff against the floor he summons up a giant whirlwind of yellow energy that spins around him.

Pandarsenic slides out onto the Arena floor on a carpet of ice, pink energy flowing from his fingers as he extends the ice flow up and around him. Shimmering crystals of ice float in the air behind him.

The multicolored spray of light shines across the Arena as the Marshal begins the duel. Webadict is again the fastest to react, sending spinning orbs of yellow energy at Pandarsenic. With a flick of his wrist Pandarsenic summons up glowing pink runes, which intercept the spinning orbs of air and disperse them. He then blasts a storm of pink laced ice on the yellow mage, whose hurriedly raised runes barely manage to deflect them all.

Taking advantage of webadict's distraction Pandarsenic flings a giant wall of ice at him. Webadict recovers quickly, however, and launches himself into the air, easily skipping over the ice wall as he sends another blast of yellow-tinted wind at his opponent. Sliding to the side, Pandarsenic lets the attack go by, not even bothering to bring up his runes.

A great gust of wind slams into the pink wizard! It seems Webadicts last attack was but a feint for this one. Pandarsenic is buffeted backwards, and he is sent reeling into the wall of the arena. He caroms off and flings streams of ice-cold water at Webadict. Yellow runes form a shimmering shield around the wizard, however, and the water rushes harmlessly off to the side.

Another gust of wind meets Pandarsenics defenses, but he brushes it off and launches a counter-attack. A block of ice floats up before the pink wizard, which he kicks towards his opponent. Webadict levels his staff at it, and a twisting tube of yellow-tinged wind surrounds the ice block and sends it back at it's maker. Pandarsenic's rune intercept it, but a few shards of ice lance through and slice into him. Pandarsenic staggers backwards, and summons a great wall of fog between him and webadict.

A great gust of wind lifts the fog, shredding it to tatters. But as Webadict searches for his foe a great icicle lances down from the sky. He barely manages bring up his defenses, and the ferocity of the attack drives him to the ground. Pandarsenic presses the attack, sending fist-sized hailstones hammering down on webadict's runic shield.  But the yellow wizard is unphased, and with a scything of his staff he sends a blinding spray of mud and sand up at Pandarsenic. The pink wizard is blinded, and the next gust of wind sends him reeling backwards.

Pandarsenic rallies, and a geyser of water erupts from the ground beneath webadict's feet. He skims forward unharmed, however, as his runes move him to safety. The crowd gasps as the great stream of water turns to ice, and topples over onto the yellow mage. He staggers to the side, limping slightly, and spins in a great circle. The yellow tinged winds pick up, swirling around the arena and flinging Pandarsenic hurtling into one of the walls. His head slams backwards against the hard stone wall, and he crumples into a heap on the floor.

Webadict has now won two victories in a row in the arena! The crowd cheers wildly as he makes his triumphant exit. Pandarsenic, meanwhile, is gently carried off to the Healing Ward for Treatment.

As everyone looks around, they suddenly realize that SniHjen has turned to stone! Even worse, he has a dagger in his back! The Healers are quickly summoned to take him off to the Healing Ward to see what they can do.

Looking up at the glowing Announcement Board, you see the following Statements:
    Pandarsenic, Time Mage of Water has lost a duel, and is removed from the Tournament!
    SniHjen, Warrior Mage of Earth has suffered an accident and is removed from the Tournament!

Ok, We're on to Duel 3. Vote Phase is now on and will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

Are people enjoying the game so far?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 3 - Vote phase
« Reply #237 on: September 25, 2009, 10:15:02 pm »

Oh. Shit.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2009, 10:28:05 pm »

Morons.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2009, 10:30:53 pm »

Vote Neruz and JanusTwoFace for bandwagoning on Pandarsenic and Webadict.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26