Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36936 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 2 - Set-up phase
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2009, 04:08:49 am »

Neruz, don't edit.

Everyone else: WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED

I boosted with Fire before I even knew that boosts with elements had an effect (yeah, I, uh, kinda didn't read the full rules until later).

I boosted with speed because I'm a time mage; that's why Web won initiative, I'm fairly certain.

I guarantee you we have two townies in here.

What the fuck you guys. What the fuck. FoS everyone who voted me without asking for *any* sort of day extension to let me respond.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2009, 05:10:47 am »

Sorry, habit of mine to avoid double posting.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2009, 09:22:33 am »

Neruz, don't edit.

Everyone else: WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED

I boosted with Fire before I even knew that boosts with elements had an effect (yeah, I, uh, kinda didn't read the full rules until later).

I boosted with speed because I'm a time mage; that's why Web won initiative, I'm fairly certain.

I guarantee you we have two townies in here.

What the fuck you guys. What the fuck. FoS everyone who voted me without asking for *any* sort of day extension to let me respond.

While I do agree that the bandwagon happened a little more quickly that it should have, the vote phase was being entirely too quiet for my tastes.  Most of the people are either lurking or just flat out not paying attention any more so far as I can tell.

And the deadline did get extended, for something like 7 hours.  If you would have shown up and said anything, even just to ask for a day extension, I would have listened.

Also: Yes, the rules are a bit more complex / confusing than the average mafia game and probably could use some ironing out.  But there's always the ability to ask Meph if you have any questions.  He's been doing really well about answering all of the odd-ball questions I've had so far.

As it stands, you are getting rather defensive.  Granted, I don't actually know if you get defensive when you are scum, but it seems to be a not entirely uncommon scum tell.  So at this point, I'm starting to think that you might just be scum and that we may have gotten lucky throwing you into the ring.

Now the question is, is webadict tower or cabal?  Because if he's tower, then we will need to buff him to fight fairly against you.  If he's cabal, then we can just sit and watch you both burn.  Since we can't change our assists, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to make my decision, but at the moment, I'm considering assisting webadict--most likely with Water Healing to (more effectively) counteract Mr.Person's move.

We have until 5 PM Friday (Pacific Time), everyone should show up and talk!
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:08 am »

I'm stumped. At first I thought we had a scum team in the ring, then I didn't, then I did again. And now I'm just plain confused.

I honestly have no idea who to help.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2009, 01:41:34 pm »

No, I'm fairly sure that Pandarsenic is town. That's why I assisted him. The bandwagon was bullshit and I want to see people on the Pand-Web bandwagon in the arena tomorrow.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2009, 01:53:09 pm »

Well, I put webadict in the ring but I didn't have any say over Pandarsenic So I'll help him.

I cast the speed of Air on Pandarsenic

Quote from: everyone after me
OMG scum team!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2009, 02:04:51 pm »

For those who are accusing me of bandwagoning, I was doing nothing of the kind; I was hammering.  There were five hours left in the day, and Mr.Person, Neruz, Pandarsenic, and webadict were all tied.  I just picked the two that I thought were most likely to be scum, and the only thing I really had to go on was Panda's odd enhancement.

I agree with Janus that Panda's reaction did seem a little aggressive.  However, I can sympathize with missing out on some of the finer points of the rules.

Also to webadict,
This ONLY makes sense if Pandarsenic is a Time Mage,
Funny how that's what he ended up being, no?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2009, 02:20:10 pm »

Kashyyk, thank you.

My reaction is not defensive - it's aggressive, it's angry, it's indignant, it's frustrated, it's irritated, it's confused that you all managed to put two townies in the ring against in the hours I was finding my classrooms on my campus and hanging out with people from my dorm. I've made it clear in several mafias and the replacement thread that I'm going to be much less active in the foreseeable future on account of having just moved into said dorm.

Now, while it's the decision of every individual Tower member, I'm going to ask that I be assisted with things other than speed boosts now. With +4 overall speed, I'm almost guaranteed initiative success unless Webby is a Cabal Archmage, and I'd like to see if he beats my initiative in our current states - so please, nobody make any further speed assists.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2009, 06:29:28 pm »

Kashyyk inscribes Mauve runes of Air in the air above Pandarsenic to give him a Speed Boost
Mr.Person inscribes Pink runes of Fire in the air above Pandarsenic to give him additional Healing

Set-up phase will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday

If you have not posted your assist by that point, you will do nothing.
If you have a side-action and have not sent it to me by that point, you will do nothing.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2009, 06:40:31 pm »

Hmm, i've seen lineups like this before in Mafia, it could go either way, tricky.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2009, 11:03:32 pm »

Notice how i switched my vote from two people with pretty damn shaky evidence against them at best to two people who actually did something strange?

I suppose i could have left my vote on Squirrel, since by the time of my voting it was already pretty certain Pandar and web would go and my vote wasn't going to change anything.

Also, apparently we're not allowed agree with other people's logic, i guess we have to come up with our own crazy justifications. Go team.

--EDIT--

Here's an idea; how about we wait for Pandar to tell us why he boosted speed with fire before we all start running around throwing accusations at each other and end up with more dead tower?
That's pretty scummy right there. I saw no need for you to say that other than to say "Look how Townie I am!"

And he did tell why he boosted Fire. Likely, he's Fire-Aligned and likes to be the thing he is. Also, he's a Time Mage, so he got the boost.

Also, don't edit.

Oh, and that is funny Frelock. Reeeeeal funny.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2009, 11:13:11 pm »

Yeah, now that Pandar has explained himself, unless he's lying, it seems perfectly reasonable.

I notice, however, web, that you voted for Pandar as well, not only that, but you voted for him long before any bandwagons were jumped.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2009, 11:17:16 pm »

Yeah, now that Pandar has explained himself, unless he's lying, it seems perfectly reasonable.

I notice, however, web, that you voted for Pandar as well, not only that, but you voted for him long before any bandwagons were jumped.
What, may I ask, is so grand about a bandwagon?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2009, 11:24:24 pm »

Eh? What do you mean?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2009, 11:56:36 pm »

Eh? What do you mean?
I'm asking if you're implying that either bandwagons are good, or if I'm suspicious for voting Pandarsenic before being on a bandwagon?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26