Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunting lodge gone horribly wrong  (Read 2038 times)

The Navigator

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
Hunting lodge gone horribly wrong
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:09:56 pm »

So I decided to try a fort with humans for a change, a hunting lodge/mead hall situated on a hill where forest meets the tundra. The rules were:

-No living/working underground.
-No defensive wall.
-No farming.

By the end of the second month I managed to erect a small wooden longhouse with a dugout beneath it to store food, and everything seemed to be going ok. That's when the muskox came. The... SKELETAL... muskox. The first one came nosing around the back of the longhouse. I panicked and drafted everyone to get them inside, but one of the bastards caught sight of it and charged off, so I had to send them all in a headlong charge at it. Fortunately they killed it without too much trouble (one woodcutter got a bruised upper body), and thinking the danger over I let everyone get back to work. A few seconds later...

Same scenario, much more blood. Two idiots charged off and got splatted. Everyone else decided it was lunchtime. I locked them safely inside only to discover that undead can break down doors... hooray! Bloodbath! By the end of it, 4 of the original 7 are dead, and two of the survivors are seriously injured. They were Asa Castlefather (had to make this guy expedition leader, name was too cool) and a jittery little woodcutter with the unfortunate name of "Deepvirgin." The only one unscathed was Ostsi, who had singlehandedly dispatched 4 of the beasts, as well as engaging the last one in single combat over the crippled body of her lover, Castlefather. I immediately gave her the title Oxbane.

A month later...

Thats never good. I now have a hunter, a cripple and a crazed virgin with an axe locked inside a wood cabin, in the tundra, surrounded by skeletal monsters. This should be Fun!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:58:37 pm by The Navigator »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Hunting lodge gone horribly wrong
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 12:28:09 am »

I now have a hunter, a cripple and a crazed virgin with an axe locked inside a wood cabin, in the tundra, surrounded by skeletal monsters.

Bwhahaha!  It sounds like a terrible horror flick...I love it!   ;D

KG

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 02:16:10 am »

horribly wrong? Horribly right!
Do you think you can hold up till migrants come?
"We should go on a hunting trip. I hear there's a new lodge with a great mead hall. We could go there..."

In the Hairy League elk hunt you

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 03:39:57 am »

Couldn't resist.

"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 03:53:02 am »

Couldn't resist.

Hey, she has definable boobs.

>>
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 09:31:10 am »

No farming?  In an evil biome??
I didn't know anyone else had tried no farming, it's not really so hard in a normal area, but if most of the animals are skeletal what do you eat?  Picked herbs and traded foods?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:45:01 am »

Love that picture, and the story.  How did it turn out?  (I'm sure there was lots of "fun" involved)

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 12:30:18 pm »

Yeah, that definitely sounds like the plot to a cheesy horror movie.

But that's probably what I love most about this game. It creates such incredibly awesome stories.