Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Scribblenauts  (Read 22281 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Scribblenauts
« Reply #405 on: September 30, 2009, 07:49:05 pm »

Arthur then goes on to get the scabbard from the lady in the lake, no?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2009, 09:02:51 pm »

I've found a Team Fortress 2 reference! If you summon a spy and put a butterfly knife on the ground, he'll pick it up and drop his shuriken.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2009, 09:09:32 pm »

I've found a Team Fortress 2 reference! If you summon a spy and put a butterfly knife on the ground, he'll pick it up and drop his shuriken.

Have you tested a spy with other weapons?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2009, 09:39:34 pm »

I don't recall if he ever visited the lady in the lake, except at the end, but my version might have been different.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 01, 2009, 01:38:48 am »

Ah yes, the legend of King Arthur.  One of the greatest stories ever told, recounted by millions of storytellers in thousands of places.   But nobody can figure out how it goes.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 01, 2009, 01:59:44 am »

As I recall in ... which was it... The Roger Lancelyn Green's King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table, Arthur gets the scabbard from The Lady of the Lake, and Excalibur from Avalon. He breaks the sword he pulled from the anvil in a contest with King Pellinore.  Before the end of his life, Arthur goes to visit the Lady in the Lake again to return the sword, but doesn't see her as he is mortally wounded. Sir Bedevere sees her hand catch Excalibur out of the lake.

Also, Percivale was the one of the only knights of the round table to not be be a complete douchenozzle or get the shaft.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2009, 05:40:57 am »

Ah yes, the legend of King Arthur.  One of the greatest stories ever told, recounted by millions of storytellers in thousands of places.   But nobody can figure out how it goes.

That's why. Ever played the game 'Chinese Whispers'?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 01, 2009, 05:46:32 am »

Ever played the game 'Chinese Whispers'?
I was eight when I first played it. Embarrassment doesn't even begin to describe it. That day, I learned what a 'whore' was and, more importantly, that it wasn't Edwards mother. The actual line was 'Edwards thumb got stuck in the door".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 01, 2009, 05:54:00 am »

Bahahahaha.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 01, 2009, 09:46:07 am »

Wait, what? You mean telephone? The first person whispers the sentence to the person next to them, and they go around in a circle to see how distorted it gets? Where the fuck is that called "Chinese Whispers"?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 01, 2009, 09:49:56 am »

I've never heard it called telephone.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 01, 2009, 10:06:40 am »

Actually the sword in the stone was not Excalibur. It was an entirely different sword called "Caliburn". Modern retellings tend to get them mixed up.

Also, Excalibur's scabbard was more valuable than the sword itself, as long as Arthur wore it he could not bleed, and would feel no pain.

This is what I was tought in English class...

Sadly, www.brokenpicturetelephone.com seems to be, well, broken

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 01, 2009, 10:41:53 am »

Here, in England, I've always known it as Chinese Whispers, although I have no idea why.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 01, 2009, 10:47:47 am »

Wait, what? You mean telephone? The first person whispers the sentence to the person next to them, and they go around in a circle to see how distorted it gets? Where the fuck is that called "Chinese Whispers"?
I've never heard it called telephone.
It's called "telephone" here in the States.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 01, 2009, 11:46:29 am »

I've heard it called both here in the midwest.

Chinese whispers probably has to do with how distorted things sound when people with a Chinese accent say them.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30