Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: F.T.W. We are really screwed.  (Read 12438 times)

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: F.T.W. an eye for an eye.
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2009, 01:40:58 am »

Yeah, I guess we're at the hideout and discussing what to do next. I say we spend a turn fixin/reading/interrogating then hit up the ammunations for guns and loot. And booze.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: F.T.W. an eye for an eye.
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2009, 12:48:20 pm »

anyyyways, I'm pretty sure I don't have everyone's actions but oh well, the majority voted weapons store so here it goes.

Grabbing the nearest scalpel (or knife-like object), I turn towards the group, loudly proclaiming, "I'll operate!"
Fashioning together whatever I can, I attempt to make a makeshift eye and install it onto Mr. Clot/Gruffybears.

(Don't worry. I'm operating off the assumption that I won't roll two 1s in a row. Have faith in me.
After seeing a friend in trouble you spend some time huddled in the corner working on a small ball of electronics (6+1(for surgery knowledge)=7 aka controlled overshot) when your are finished you have produced something truly wonderful, called E.V.E. (electronic vision enhancer) when an idea strikes you, after a few more minutes you have upgraded E.V.E. to have a direct link to any computer systems in the area, allowing the user to shut down or control camera's, robots, security systems and anything else electronic.  You then pin down Mr. Clot and begin the surgery, after a few painful minutes (no anesthetic) (3+1=4) you have succeed in replacing his damaged eye with E.V.E.  You even managed to do it fast enough you and Mr. Clot can catch the bus before it leaves.
I will try and read my DnD user's guide again.

Also, I recommend looting an electronics store, should be pretty low security, and have expensive/useful stuff.
People at a weapon's store are a lot more likely to fight back.
You begin paging through the manual again (4+1=5) afterward you get a strange urge to try and cast an invisibility spell, after you are done you look down at yourself and see you are no longer THERE!!
Super Power gained- Controlled invisibility (+2 to all sneak rolls)

(while waiting I read me comic book)
You begin reading the comic book, and by the time everyone's ready to go (5) you grab your gun and jump up, however you slip and manage to shoot yourself in the chest, when you stand back up everyone is surprised to see the bullet flattened on your chest, your skin unharmed!
Super power Bullet proof skin (can not be hurt by BULLETS, and ONLY BULLETS)

I'll clean out the bus, so it's not intensely obvious that it's a criminal carrier.  While I'm at it, I'll use my engineering skill to make a few "upgrades" (think hidden armor plating, bullet-proof glass, communications, that sort of thing).

Also, I'll vote for the convenience store.  Good place to get some easy cash to deck ourselves out with.  That or a local bank.
You begin making a few upgrades to the bus, (3) by the time you are done you have managed to steal my satellite dish and secretly install it on the bus, though only after you realize that there's really nothing you can do with it at the moment.  It's also squeaky clean.

I devise a cunning plan to take over the weapon factory, so we will have a better chance at success when we attempt it(something like +1 to each roll unless it's already a 5).
Your mind starts racing, you grab a pencil and paper a few minutes later you have (3) partially completed a ingenious plan to break into the weapons factory.

I interrogate the woman about where she lives and how much she's worth. Lets rob her house.
You begin interrogating the poor women (4) and find out she is a window (to the man you just killed) and that she has 3 kids who are in school atm, you also find she is moderately wealthy and where she lives.

Attempt to install two guns into the bus that can be operated from the inside.
Jack-(1) I manage to make a few holes in the bus, but nothing helpful.

Everyone manages to board the bus, you are now all sitting in the bus outside of the weapons store, inside you can see 1 person browsing the guns, a rather large man behind the counter and a light from a door in the back, there is cigarette smoke in the air.  There is metal bars on the windows and doors, though the door is open.

Environmental roll-(6) the kids of the women got home from school and called the cops, wondering where their parents are, though the cops take it as a prank call and ignore them

Cops Roll-(3) moderately suspicious due to the "prank" call, but they are still clueless.

Location-Outside the weapons store

Team Items-Bus w/ satellite, non-fatally wounded hostage (female, she has long-sharp nails, and is covered in blood, at the house)

Special items-E.V.E. inside Mr. Clot's head.

Time for some more blood!

Name: Punkter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Name: Benjamin Davids
I'll join. hmm... we have a medic and a meatshield... thief!(sorta)

Name: dragnar
Name:Lunatic
What the heck. You're participating in mine Kila, so I'll be in yours:

Name: Inmaneuh
name:Jetsa
Name: Fre
Name: Shotty McBoozealot (Nickname: Lil' Boozie)
Name:Mr. Clot
Status-E.V.E. is replacing his eye

Name: Jack
So this is who I have, if i missed anyone let me know.
[/quote]
Nom nom nom

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: F.T.W. E.V.E. is here
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2009, 12:56:18 pm »

i want an other action!
is there a man sellign weapons there?
if yes > ask the man what guns he has

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2009, 01:02:32 pm »

you don't get another action, you didn't post quick enough. and yes there is a man behind the counter selling things.
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2009, 01:48:20 pm »

Aww, why'd you have to bring some kids into it?  Even while roleplaying I have a soft spot for kids.  Now I feel like I should release their mother when we get back...

I get to a building opposite of the weapons store, go to the roof, and prepare to snipe the man behind the counter, unless shit goes down, in which case I'll shoot him this turn.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2009, 02:01:58 pm »

I sit down inside our hideout and start to read through my Medic's Guide, ready in case any injured teammates are brought back. You can never be too safe.

(Then again, given the super-powered state of some of our group members, my position as medic may not be necessary for much longer.)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2009, 02:50:38 pm »

once we arrive I will turn invisible and search for a sharp knife.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2009, 02:59:17 pm »

well, their super-powers are seriously limited, the bullet proof guy can be killed by anything that isn't a bullet, aka he can be hit by a bat and be killed, and the invisible guys is invisible, not intangible, in other words he can be heard and hit. So keeping your medic skills up is a good thing.
Nom nom nom

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 03:14:47 pm »

I use E.V.E to discreetly de-activate any security alarms or fail-safes that would impede us. Also, if anyone in the shop has a pacemaker, I'll stop that too, to create a distraction.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 10:30:29 am by GruffyBears »
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2009, 03:45:13 pm »

I wander through the store towards the back door with a light on, reading my how to fix my gun book and attempting to look like I'm referencing things.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2009, 10:03:42 pm »

I read my The explosive guide to explosives and Comic books.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2009, 09:22:15 am »

I finish my takeover plan.

When done I go back to reading the D&D handbook.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2009, 03:48:01 pm »

I should have said projectile proof...

I'll go inside with my pistol drawn. if no hostiles I shall attain a big ass pistol.

and then blast some fools face with it (or the ceiling)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2009, 04:51:17 pm »

sweet, everyone replied quickly sooo
TURN 4, how did we all avoid injury.

action rolls are:
Knighted:81
Random:17
RAM:70
Bogre:27
GruffyBears:64
Jack:14
Dragnar:43
Apostolic:47
Frelock:73
Jet:98

i want an other action!
is there a man sellign weapons there?
if yes > ask the man what guns he has
You walk quickly up to the counter and ask the man what guns he's selling (4) he shows you the basic guns which are:
Camouflaged Sniping rifle
various handguns (name the one you want he has almost all of them.)
Ak-47
Hand grenades, come in concussion, ion and frag forms.
and a few weapon enhancements, such as silencers, and scopes.

I should have said projectile proof...

I'll go inside with my pistol drawn. if no hostiles I shall attain a big ass pistol.

and then blast some fools face with it (or the ceiling)
You enter with your pistol drawn, (4) the clerk and civilian customer drop to the ground, you search for a big-ass pistol and you find (5) this epic pistol
after finding this you (6) can't wait to see what it does and shoot the civilian in the back of the head (2+2=4) it blows a rather large hole in his head, the civilian dies.

Weapon store clerk: CALL FOR HELP!!!
(5) He firmly presses down the hidden alarm, the police are on the way.

Aww, why'd you have to bring some kids into it?  Even while roleplaying I have a soft spot for kids.  Now I feel like I should release their mother when we get back...

I get to a building opposite of the weapons store, go to the roof, and prepare to snipe the man behind the counter, unless shit goes down, in which case I'll shoot him this turn.
You see the store's clerk press the secret alarm, though you are a bit slow you fire at him (4) the bullet shoots through the window and (5) strikes him in the chest, he is bleeding profusely.  You decide to warn the others, then hurry inside, the opposite building, (5) you are now on the roof with a very clear view of the street, you are the tallest building in the area, the door you came out of (6) is made of an extremely strong metal, and as it swings shut a giant dead-bolt slides into place, you are not sure how to get back down now.

I read my The explosive guide to explosives and Comic books.
You begin reading the explosive guide to explosives, (1) you get a small electric shock from the book and burn your hand, you decide to not risk the DnD manual.

I use E.V.E to discreetly de-activate any security alarms or fail-safes that would impede us. Also, if anyone in the shop has a pacemaker, I'll stop that too, to create a distraction.
You notice the alarm go off and quickly try and stop the signal, though you are too late you do manage to (5) shut off the phones, camera's, and alarms in the entire block, YAY for you, you also notice (6) two safes in the back room and 10 cell-phones, that are being used in the room with the light coming from it, oh shit.

I sit down inside our hideout and start to read through my Medic's Guide, ready in case any injured teammates are brought back. You can never be too safe.

(Then again, given the super-powered state of some of our group members, my position as medic may not be necessary for much longer.)
(your on the bus, you did such a good/quick job you and gruffy managed to catch the bus.) You hear the multiple gunshots and head into the store, manual ready, when you notice your team is fine you begin reading (3) and get about half-way through.

once we arrive I will turn invisible and search for a sharp knife.
You become invisible and hurry inside, (2) though you don't find any knives you do stumble into the back room, exposing 10 very pissed-off armed men.

I finish my takeover plan.

When done I go back to reading the D&D handbook.
(3+2=5) you perfectly finish the plan, and learn that at 12:00 pm, the doors are open for a shift change and there is only one security guard present, you also figure out all the safes and locks (+2 to all rolls involving the building itself))  You then read the DnD book in the spare time (3+2=5) after your are done the book falls straight through your hands, you have become intangible, but you also can't wield any weapons or use anything while intangible, though you can't be killed or hurt either.

Jack:Fire at the hostiles.
Jack pulls his gun and shoots randomly at the group of men (4) he manages to hit (6) six of the men inflicting, (5,5,5,3,3,3) three mortal wounds, and hitting the other three in non-vital, non-lethal areas.

I wander through the store towards the back door with a light on, reading my how to fix my gun book and attempting to look like I'm referencing things.
You begin wandering towards the back of the store, when bullets go flying past your head, you grab your gun and quickly return fire (1) your gun falls apart, looks like you put it together wrong, you hide behind the counter and flip through your manual trying to fix your gun (5) you manage to put it back together perfectly, and even learn alot from the book, Gun maintenance and upgrades skill to level 2 (cannot roll a one, +1 to 1 and 2 rolls.)

Group of men (6,4,2,1,3,6,2) two return fire, but manage to hit their allies as they dive for cover, (6,3) shooting through one of them and wounding the others leg. Another one manages to avoid any gunfire and return fire on Jack, (1) however the bullets miss. Three of the men are too stunned to return fire, and one manages to shoot himself in the foot trying to remove his gun.

Envirmental roll:(2) nothing happens, no new people come into sight, there is no one on the streets.

Cops roll:(4) in the distance you can hear a few sirens, they should be here in minutes.

Enemies:6 armed men, 3 are wounded

Location-Outside/inside the weapons store, one man(Fre) on the roof of the nearby building

Team Items-Bus w/ satellite, non-fatally wounded hostage (female, she has long-sharp nails, and is covered in blood, at the house)

Special items-E.V.E. inside Mr. Clot's head.

Time for some more blood!

Dead are:1 civilian, 1 clerk, 4 armed men.

Name: Punkter
Name: Benjamin Davids
I'll join. hmm... we have a medic and a meatshield... thief!(sorta)

Name: dragnar
Name:Lunatic
What the heck. You're participating in mine Kila, so I'll be in yours:

Name: Inmaneuh
name:Jetsa
Name: Fre
Name: Shotty McBoozealot (Nickname: Lil' Boozie)
Name:Mr. Clot
Status-E.V.E. is replacing his eye

Name: Jack
any mistakes, let me know
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:55:41 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2009, 05:36:33 pm »

Hands-on experience is better than mere theoretical knowledge. Dropping the book and heading inside, I operate on the dead civilian in an attempt to increase my medical experience.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10