Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79441 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 50ish]
« Reply #690 on: January 19, 2010, 10:26:29 am »

Okay. My classes started today, and I have to be there in about... 1 hour, so I can't update now. Will do so when I get back home. Currently the actions are:

Okay. THEN I SHALL BRING YOU IN MYSELF.  ARREST THE OUTLAW.
Okay, let me put it this way, zchris: If you try to arrest me, my action will be to try to kill you with my rapier. I'm not sure which of us would win in a fight, but I'd rather find out then get arrested for no apparent reason.

And unless changed, will be carried out.

EDIT: Ugh, I'm burnt out from classes. No update tonight.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:23:58 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 20, 2010, 12:09:32 pm »

Create another platform of floating rock (like the cart-thing I used earlier) and levitate down into the pit, after the fleeing man.
4+2=6: You pull some rocks out from the nearby wall to assemble a platform you can use to float down. The academy starts shaking quite a bit... those rocks must have been important structural components. Oh well. You descend to the bottom of the pit, where you enter a dark cavern.

+4 to Elementalism

Bust down the door. Clearly someone needs help.
6+3=6: You summon up all your strength and rip a large hole in the wall where the door used to be. Well, more than where the door used to be, since the hole is about twice as big as the door was. Oh well. The room is now covered in debris, and you feel movement under your feet. That passageway is off to the side.

+4 to Summoning

Okay. THEN I SHALL BRING YOU IN MYSELF.  ARREST THE OUTLAW.
5: You charge at Nirur in an attempt to pin him down. RTD 6: He barely dodges out of the way... right into a wall.

Nirur: Stunned(-1 to Action)
Okay, let me put it this way, zchris: If you try to arrest me, my action will be to try to kill you with my rapier. I'm not sure which of us would win in a fight, but I'd rather find out then get arrested for no apparent reason.
6=1=5: You spin around and slash at Z. Chris. RTD 6: But he also dodges out of the way... also into a wall.

Z. Chris: Stunned(-1 to Action)

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 20, 2010, 01:06:12 pm »

Look, zchris. If you stop this nonsense right now, I'll forgive you. I'll even make you a runic trinket or two of your choice if you bring me a box of cheap trinkets.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 20, 2010, 03:30:45 pm »

Tune myself in with the rocks, and see through them, then explore the cavern.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 21, 2010, 11:22:48 am »

Look, zchris. If you stop this nonsense right now, I'll forgive you. I'll even make you a runic trinket or two of your choice if you bring me a box of cheap trinkets.
Z. Chris can't post, but told me to tell you he can't be bought off with petty trinkets. He wants gold. Otherwise he said he has an ingenious plan, if you go with him.

That just leaves AN.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 21, 2010, 12:10:06 pm »

Retreat back to town square; escape from the crime scene.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 21, 2010, 12:16:59 pm »

My gold was stolen, and even if the ingenious plan worked, it'd take at least 10-15 turns before I could return to this cave, only to find it occupied. I want my cave with a powerful magic crystal in it.

I outright refuse to go with zcrhis, trying to knock him out with my club if he doesn't stop. If he does, I read the book.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 22, 2010, 04:29:08 pm »

Tune myself in with the rocks, and see through them, then explore the cavern.
3: You can't see through the rocks, but you can... feel. You sense the presence of the magic... it's tortured, twisted to be used for the wrong purpose. You know that it must be further in the cavern.

Retreat back to town square; escape from the crime scene.
2: Ohh! Look at that shiny gizmo on the head mage's desk! That would be fun to play with... Dock! Dock! Dock! Dock...

Quote from: Z. Chris
Okay.  Ummm... Grumble about mages. And greed. And how it's so horrible.  I would like to return to the town, instead of fighting. I don't want to fight him right now.
4: You grumble about mages, geed, and how horrible everything is. Then you take your axe and head towards town.

My gold was stolen, and even if the ingenious plan worked, it'd take at least 10-15 turns before I could return to this cave, only to find it occupied. I want my cave with a powerful magic crystal in it.

I outright refuse to go with zcrhis, trying to knock him out with my club if he doesn't stop. If he does, I read the book.
4: It seems whoever wrote "Using and Maintaining the Essence of Life in Arcane Magic" was rather disillusioned. The book is about the human soul... and how to seal one away using a human sacrifice, using it in rituals to augmenting your magic, and using it as a catalyst to summon demons into the world.

New Magic School Discovered: Demonology

Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 22, 2010, 04:31:04 pm »

Head towards the place, where the magic is being misused, they must pay for this atrocity.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 55ish - Last School Discovered!]
« Reply #699 on: January 22, 2010, 05:14:29 pm »

Aw, I was hoping for a book on the slightly-less-evil topic of necromancy. I'd better leave it in the chest. I'll try to design a detect magic spell based on my knowledge of arcane theory, which could be very useful for locating any magical traps the previous inhabitant left behind. (With the proper background knowledge in Arcane Theory, I figure I should have a better understanding of how to create new spells. Or something. Well, it's not like I'll be returning to the university anytime soon.)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 55ish - Last School Discovered!]
« Reply #700 on: January 23, 2010, 01:20:33 pm »

Mill about the office looking for clues.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 56ish - Forsaken]
« Reply #701 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:15 pm »

Head towards the place, where the magic is being misused, they must pay for this atrocity.
1: You head toward the source and find a large, pulsing ball of light. Chains made from a strange red metal encase it and tie it down. As you approach, a group of mages jumps out and ambushes you! Luck 2: You fail to react to your attackers!

Aw, I was hoping for a book on the slightly-less-evil topic of necromancy. I'd better leave it in the chest. I'll try to design a detect magic spell based on my knowledge of arcane theory, which could be very useful for locating any magical traps the previous inhabitant left behind. (With the proper background knowledge in Arcane Theory, I figure I should have a better understanding of how to create new spells. Or something. Well, it's not like I'll be returning to the university anytime soon.)
1: You attempt to use your knowledge of arcane theory to magically see any traps in your vicinity. Luck 2: Your spell fails however, and you magically see nothing.

Blind

Mill about the office looking for clues.
1: You start wandering around the office, trying to find clues. You think you find something and pick it up. Erugh! It's the Head Mage's head! As you touch it a curse seems to activate. Luck 6: Before the curse can do anything, you fling the head against the wall with such force that the wall collapses... and the whole rooms starts to shake violently. That can't be good.

Quote from:  Z. Chris
How many turns
4: 0 more turns. You arrive at Schalade.

Quote from: Shadow Mage 1
Kill the intruder!
3+1=4: You reach out to touch Di' Ako. RTD 1: He tries to move out of the way, but trips and falls! Your Shadowtouch drains part of his health.

Di' Ako: Weakened
Quote from: Shadow Mage 2
Stop him!
4+1=5: You cast Shadowbind on Di' Ako. RTD 1: He completely and utterly fails to resist the spell! His shadow is pinned to the floor, and he is rendered immobile.
Di' Ako: Pinned
Quote from: Shadow Assassin 1
Stab him in the heart!
5: You stab the intruder in the heart with a ritualistic dagger. The immobile Di'Ako can't dodge! You embed the dagger in his chest.

Di'Ako
Heart: Pierced

Quote from: Shadow Assassin 2
Bind his soul!
5: You cast a necromantic ritual to bind the intruder's soul inside the dagger. RTD 2: The weakened, pinned, and stabbed Di' Ako fails to resist the ritual. His soul is bound inside the dagger...

Di'Ako: Bound

Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:04:32 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 56ish - Forsaken. Completely, utterly forsaken. ]
« Reply #702 on: January 23, 2010, 10:20:00 pm »

Wow. Just wow. I'm... blows away by how horrible everyone's luck was this turn. Except for Z. Chris, who successfully arrived in Schalade. And the shadow cult, who managed to seal Kilakan's soul away... sorry about that, but with all those 1s... there is no way you could have survived. Well, technically your soul is still in existence, but you can't do anything...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 23, 2010, 10:31:44 pm »

That's interesting. I wonder if I could make a blind spell that works on other people. I attempt to do so.

Beware the scientist-magi.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 24, 2010, 01:35:25 pm »

hey, isn't there someone else in the dungeon with me?  GET MY SOUL!!!! Please?
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59