Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79545 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 50ish]
« Reply #600 on: December 27, 2009, 10:17:25 pm »

crushing always seems to fail, I suggest you change that to summon a large boulder over the soldiers......  otherwise something bad will happen.
Nom nom nom

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 28, 2009, 06:06:46 am »

Dwarf smash.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 28, 2009, 11:56:42 am »

Bah, it feels like I just fixed that arm.

Continue skewering the weak and squishy man.
6+1=6: Ignoring your injuries, you leap out to finish the man before he can finish his spell. RTA 3: The shadows try and block you again, but fail. Again! RTD 6-1=5: Though the man seems too far into his trance to move, the runes around him flare up and slow your attack. You pierce his heart, but don't do enough damage to kill him.

+4 to Fencing

Old Man

Chest: Moderately Wounded
Heart: Severely Wounded
Lung: Collapsed

Attempt to crush the attacking shadows by summoning a large boulder on top of them.
2+3=5: In ACME fashion, you summon a giant anvil hovering just over the shadows. Pointing up, you see them look up and hesitate before you drop the anvil on them. RTD 6: They scramble out of the way, but the force of the landing anvil knocks them both sprawling.

You notice the scales continue to grow across your chest.

+6 to Summoning

Dwarf smash.
5+1=6: You take a giant leap up into the air and come down on another shadow. RTD 4: It fails to get out of the way, and you break it. You landed with such force however, that you're once again covered in sticky grease and find it hard to move.

+4 to Breaking Stuff!

Quote from: Old Man
Finish Summon
2+3-1=4: With your dying breath, you finish the incantation. The runes glow brighter, and a giant, hulking figure materializes before all of you. He stands 8 feet high, and flames run up and down his jet-black skin. Curved horns sit atop his head, and a sneer resides on his face. Rather than, feet, he has hooves, and an aura of malice radiates from him. You know he has come from Hell itself.

Quote from: Shadows
Kill

4:The two that attacked Lawrence get up off the ground.
3:The two who were trying to kill Nirur continue the assault. RTD 5: He jumps out of the way and counter-attacks, killing one shadow.
1: The remaining one, seeing what happened to everyone else, flees the cave via the other exit.

Quote from: Balor
Time for a snack.
1: You're hungry for souls. You grab the fleeing shadow and eat it.

I shall accept the offer, most humbly, and accept any power, weapons, armor or items he could give me to help fufill my quest.
6: You fall to your knees and give the oath, witnessed by the Warcardinal. He appoints you the new Avatar of Earth, and with it, the privileges that follow that office. He hands you a large, earthen greatsword. Several cracks appear in it's frame, but they do not convey weakness; just the shifting power of earth. You instinctively know that this is Brazenfielder, one of the legendary Elemental Seeds. It's power flows through you. You also know that your soul has now been bound to Gaia eternally. As long as you hold your oath, you are Immortal.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 28, 2009, 07:03:20 pm »

huh immortality, that's good.

Pray to gaia for directions to do her bidding, preferably destroy people who kill the earth, travel to other temples and rid them of false gods, ect.
Nom nom nom

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 28, 2009, 08:36:47 pm »

Shadow cancels rest: Dwarf.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 28, 2009, 09:24:40 pm »

I animate the remains of the old man, and order the body to attack the creature.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 28, 2009, 09:41:50 pm »

Demon cancels rest: Dwarf

Make this happen.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 29, 2009, 01:56:03 am »

Alright, so a giant flaming demon was summoned in the midst of highly-flammable grease: I expect explosions!

Regardless, I'll toss my knife at the demon.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 29, 2009, 02:12:59 am »

Alright, so a giant flaming demon was summoned in the midst of highly-flammable grease: I expect explosions!

Except it's not flames of heat and light, but flames of rage and malice.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 29, 2009, 09:57:38 pm »

Pray to gaia for directions to do her bidding, preferably destroy people who kill the earth, travel to other temples and rid them of false gods, ect.
4: You pray to Gaia for guidance, and obtain information that earth magic is being leeched some ways to the south-west. You should travel there and find the cause.

+3 to... Praying? Sure, let's go with that.

I animate the remains of the old man, and order the body to attack the creature.
3: You push energy into the corpse of the man in front of you, willing it to come alive and fight the demon you summoned. Dark magic and darker intentions fill your mind as you do this, and in a moment of excitement, you see him rise from the dead, turning him into a zombie...ish creature. No, that's not quite right. What stands before you is a hideous mess of what was once the old man, shredded and re-assembled into a blob of flesh that can barely move. You feel saddened just looking at it.

+1 to Necromancy!

Demon cancels rest: Dwarf

Make this happen.

1: "Mmmmm..... dwarf.... MY FAVORITE!" The balor sits up and reaches out and grabs you with a single hand, scooping you up to his mouth. Luck 4: As the balor tries to extract your soul for desert, you manage to stay inside your body... for now.

5: You take aim with your knife and throw it at the demon. RTD 3: The balor doesn't even bother moving. The knife embeds itself a couple inches in the demon, but doesn't seem to have much effect... Maybe you shouldn't fight giant, naturally armored monsters with rusty kitchen implements.

+6 to Throwing!

Quote from: Shadows
Flee!
4: The three remaining shadows flee from the room. They encounter no opposition, as everyone else is preoccupied with the balor and the balor is preoccupied with his snack.

Quote from: Balor
Eat Dwarf!
5: The balor squeezes Z. Chris until he passes out. His soul floats out of his body, and hangs in mid-air. It is likely that it will be eaten next turn, unless something is done. Quickly.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 29, 2009, 10:05:22 pm »

thanks gaia, bow to warden, and leave the temple, heading south-west towards the place where earth agic is being drained, use my earh powers to sense the disturbance and lead me to it.
Nom nom nom

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 30, 2009, 01:41:04 am »

Depart the body... of the demon.  Through the stomach or something suitably epic.  Basically just break things.  Everythings.  All of it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 30, 2009, 08:56:37 am »

Distract the creature from its meal with a rapier in the eye. (I'd really like to take this action before Zchris13, in case he gets a fatally low roll.)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 30, 2009, 11:49:47 am »

Distract the creature from its meal with a rapier in the eye. (I'd really like to take this action before Zchris13, in case he gets a fatally low roll.)
Z. Chris doesn't get an action. He's 100% out cold, and his spirit has left his body. He has no control over it. For all intents and purposes, he's dead, unless somebody saves him.

I mean, he rolled a 1 and the balor rolled a 5. He really should be long dead already, but I don't like one-turn killings.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 30, 2009, 06:13:40 pm »

I still should be able to fight.  a 1 vs. 5 roll only puts the opponent into a significantly better position that you.  Not instant death.  That's with a 1 on the luck roll.  The death, I mean.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 59