Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79713 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 40ish]
« Reply #465 on: December 06, 2009, 11:39:34 am »

I'll look around for an orphanage.

I don't want to know why you want to find an orphanage.
Follow Chris, on the platform, to where the merchant who wants the goods is.  if any kids want on and the platform's stable, let them ride along.
1: Immediately upon reaching the gates, the magic suspending your cart shutters and fails. The cart calls to the ground wiht a sudden jolt. Luck 2: Most of the goods are damaged further, and both you and Z. Chris are shaken by this event.

I seek a quest.
6: You overhear two students talking about a powerful crystal that acts as a catalyst for magic. Most have dismissed it as legend, but these two suspect that it may be in the possession of a reclusive wizard living in a cave... to the northeast. They say he has powerful dark magic. Wait a minute, why does this sound familiar? You seem to recall one of your companions taking about a similar cave...

*happy thoughts of axes*
consult handy travel fairy
4: You consult your handy travel fairy.

"What the hell what that? I thought the world was ending. Big enough earthquake, anyway. What the hell are we doing around here? What's wrong with you? "
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 06, 2009, 11:47:41 am »

"Good to see you too"
pick up cart and carry it into the marketplace
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 06, 2009, 12:05:20 pm »

I examine the goods of the PCs entering town looking for the crystal, and ask what sort of services they would trade for said crystal. Easiest. Quest. Ever. Oh, right.

After learning that the crystal is destroyed, I cast Cure Light Wounds on Zchris13. Take that!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:54:04 pm by Nirur Torir »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 06, 2009, 12:26:59 pm »

um i destroyed the crystal in a massive earthquake.
Try to remake the cart and carry the goods to the merchant.
When do I start getting bonuses on my magic?  I mean like proficient or what, cause I think when you get compentant you should get a +1 bonus maybe.  At least on the easy stuff like holding rocks in the air.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 06, 2009, 01:04:48 pm »

Wrong wizard. I was talking about the cave AN found, not the necromancer Kilakan and Z. Chris killed.

When do I start getting bonuses on my magic?  I mean like proficient or what, cause I think when you get compentant you should get a +1 bonus maybe.  At least on the easy stuff like holding rocks in the air.

You don't get the bonus when you roll a 1. As it stands:

No-Name: +1 modified
Skilled: +2 Modifier
Legendary: +3 Modifier.

1s always fail though. Always.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 06, 2009, 02:10:41 pm »

Ooo, I do get to quest. I'll leave next turn, unless anyone wanting to join me requests a delay.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 06, 2009, 03:28:34 pm »

Waiting for AN. You found the cave - do you want to go with them? Might be useful, since you actually know where it is and they might get lost otherwise...

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 06, 2009, 04:14:23 pm »

I'll leave with Nirur Torir next turn; for now I'll seek out a tutor for summoning magic, once again.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 06, 2009, 05:29:13 pm »

pick up cart and carry it into the marketplace
5: With massive superdwarven strength, you pick up the entire rock and haul it to the marketplace, knocking people out of the way. You drop it in front of the merchant, who states at you in shock.

+6 to Brawling(For pushing people around. I would give you a strength boost, but stats seem to have stopped having relevance a long time ago.)

After learning that the crystal is destroyed, I cast Cure Light Wounds on Zchris13. Take that!
4+1=5: You successfully cast Cure Light Wounds on Z. Chris. The wound on his head fully heals, and everybody looks happy. Except for Z. Chris' fairy. She still seems rather pissed off about being thrown around.
+6 to Healing
Try to remake the cart and carry the goods to the merchant.
2+1=3: You stare at Z. Chris as he runs off into the marketplace, taking your cart with him. You decide to try and make another, but the stones on the ground only quiver a bit. You seem to have expended most of your magical energy.

+1 to Elementalism

I'll leave with Nirur Torir next turn; for now I'll seek out a tutor for summoning magic, once again.
5: Returning to your tutor, you learn even more about summoning. You quickly learn a bunch of stuff. Feeling confident in your new abilities, you conjure up a new spell out of mid-air. Hey! You manage to conjure up a new ability, as well.

+6 to Summoning
+3 to Summoning

New Spell: Conjure Major Item (Major items are things like weapons and armor, or large objects like carts)
New Ability: Stabilization(Anything you summon is more resistant to being dispelled. It also eliminates the chance of falling into another dimension.)

Quote from: Merchant
What the?!? It looks like you've been through hell. And you took my stuff with you! What the hell did you do to my merchandise? It's ruined! I will never be able to sell any of this...

*Takes a glance at Z. Chris, and rememberes how he just plowed through everyone in the market*

...Ehh... I guess a promise is a promise. You'll get your reward. Now then... I have three rings here. Enchanted rings, mind you. Both you and the wizard can each have one.
Savatta Ring(+1 to Dodge and Luck rolls)
Rajas Ring(+1 to Attack and Damage rolls)
Tamas Ring(+1 to Magic and Resistance rolls)

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:31:47 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 06, 2009, 05:30:14 pm »

Oh, and sorry about the orphanage thing AN. I just realized I didn't roll dice for your last turn. Were you going to give them the bread?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 06, 2009, 05:45:02 pm »

huh It's not destroyed, the crystal that is, but whatever. 
I'll take the Savatta ring, then look around for another quest, preferably for a legendary/magic greatsword.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 06, 2009, 06:30:00 pm »

After waiting for the rest of the party, I head out with them to adventure to the cave. I cast Cure Light Wounds on my hand if we conveniently pause.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 06, 2009, 07:05:33 pm »

Well, yeah. It was a whim, so it's fine if you skip it.

I'll join Nirur Torir; if we have time, I'll try to summon a foil (sword).

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 06, 2009, 09:55:57 pm »

NO MUST HAVE STRENGTH BOOST

Insist that Nirur Torir heal up my fairy.  WITH SUFFICIENT ANGREH

End my turn by heading to the gate.  Find a good clear area right outside the gate.  Should use up the rest of that turn.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:59:52 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 06, 2009, 11:51:25 pm »

huh It's not destroyed, the crystal that is, but whatever. 
I'll take the Savatta ring, then look around for another quest, preferably for a legendary/magic greatsword.
5: Hmm... Quest. Important Quest.

You head up to the Academy, searching for someone in need of assistance with big pockets. Consulting the bulletin board, you see that an expedition of treasure hunters is looking for an earth mage to unseal a temple they found in the northern mountains. The entryway is not a door, but rather a solid block of stone, and they need someone to move it.

After waiting for the rest of the party, I head out with them to adventure to the cave. I cast Cure Light Wounds on my hand if we conveniently pause.
5+2=6: You cast Cure Light Wounds on your hand. You are unprepared for the sudden surge of energy that flows through your body, and while your hand is perfectly healed, you feel... altered afterwards.
+4 to Healing.

Well, yeah. It was a whim, so it's fine if you skip it.

I'll join Nirur Torir; if we have time, I'll try to summon a foil (sword).

2+1=3: You attempt to summon a foil, but you haven't quite come to terms with summoning weapons yet. Instead you end up with a needle-thin dagger, like a foil that was cut short.

+1 to Summoning

NO MUST HAVE STRENGTH BOOST

Insist that Nirur Torir heal up my fairy.  WITH SUFFICIENT ANGREH

End my turn by heading to the gate.  Find a good clear area right outside the gate.  Should use up the rest of that turn.
You... don't want a ring? Ehh... okay. Anyway:

2: Watching the odd expression on Nirur's face as he heals his hand, you grow strangely mute. By the time you can speak again, he's already wandered off. Oh well, time to head to the gate.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:44:45 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59