Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79386 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 7: Legendary Castle Plans]
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2009, 10:51:30 pm »

Since it's been well over 24 hours from the last turn, I'm going to force Z. Chris to stop throwing boulders around and look for work, since he seems to like doing that.

I head to the academy and begin to study the campus, in an attempt to gain a better understanding of it (and where improvements may be made!)
2+1 = 3: You begin studying the architecture of the academy. You see some interesting designs, but not much that could be of use. However, your knowledge of architecture increases a little.

+1 to Architecture

Go to the market and buy a cheap copper amulet, then inscribe it with runes to increase the acrobatics ability of the wearer.
3: You buy a copper amulet from a stall for 10 coins. You begin studying it, and realize you don't know any actual runes.
Intelligence Roll!
5: However, you recall seeing a symbol in one of the texts at the monastery. You pick up a sharp rock on the ground and begin etching the symbol into the amulet. Soon the rune takes shape, and when you etch the final line it the rune glows with a faint green light before fading. After putting it on, you feel more in control of your movements. 

+4 to Runecrafting
New Spell: Rune of Dexterity
Item: Copper Amulet of Dexterity

well I'll train with him for however many lessons can fit into a turn.
6: You pay 20 gold to the mercenary for your training. You begin warming up and have a sparring lesson, but over-exert yourself and strain your muscles. You will be unable to do any strenuous physical activity for two turns.

+2 to Greatsword Skill
Take a break from studying and use my knowlege of Arcane theory to Practice Wind Magic
3: You attempt to apply your knowledge of magical theory to elementalism, and begin training. However, with your lack of elementalism, you don't accomplish much.
Intelligence Roll!
6: However, after focusing your thoughts more you can almost feel the air around you. You begin to pull at it, to direct it's movement. Your power spins out of control however, and you end up creating a whirlwind that picks up a cloud of dust at your feet. The dust gets in your eyes, and you can't see anything!

+2 to Elementalism

Quote from: z chris
Look for mercenary work
5: You see a man in the corner of the market, at a near-empty stall. Wandering over, you ask him if he needs any assistance. He says he is a traveling merchant, and that one of his rivals hired a band of thugs to rob him of his merchandise. As it was outside of the jurisdiction of the city, the guards refuse to help him. He wants you to find the thugs and get his goods back. They should be staying in a hamlet to the southeast.

He claims he had several enchanted items among his wares. If you bring his goods back, he will offer you one of the items as payment.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
Ragnok
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2009, 11:08:11 pm »

I just realized — I don't even know what the castle plans look like yet.

So I'll begin to study the plans, trying to understand just what sort of castle they'd create.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2009, 05:59:58 am »

Using my new copper amulet, I'll put on an acrobatics performance for tips. After the show's over, I'll give the amulet to the kid who seemed to enjoy my show the most.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2009, 07:22:39 am »

Hm... blind, there is only one thing I can do in a time like this

Strike a Menacing Pose

Try and use wind magic to blow dust out of my eyes
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:58:03 pm by bulborbish »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2009, 09:32:19 am »

well that was sufficiently painful, anyways is only chris allowed to do the quest?  If so then I'll look for mercenary work of my own, if anyone can do his job then I'll head out for the hamlet to the southeast.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2009, 09:34:46 am »

So I'll begin to study the plans, trying to understand just what sort of castle they'd create.

I'll give you another action, because your *character* knows what they look like. He drew them.

Of you want, I could try sketching up a castle design quickly to give you an idea of what I was thinking of... or you could come up with your own design. It doesn't matter that much to me.

well that was sufficiently painful, anyways is only chris allowed to do the quest?  If so then I'll look for mercenary work of my own, if anyone can do his job then I'll head out for the hamlet to the southeast.

Only Chris knows about the quest, though the effects of the quest impact the entire world.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2009, 10:25:08 am »

ohhh ok then, I'll look for mercenary work of my own!!  I want Blood!!! Preferably not mine!!!!!
Nom nom nom

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2009, 03:41:21 pm »

I'll give you another action, because your *character* knows what they look like. He drew them.

Of you want, I could try sketching up a castle design quickly to give you an idea of what I was thinking of... or you could come up with your own design. It doesn't matter that much to me.

It'd be great if I could carve the castle out of a mountain, sort of like Minas Tirith, except on a smaller scale.
For my second action, I'll head into the library and look for books about the history of the academy.

I'm trying to understand just how stuff is done in this world. (Is there one super-powerful headmaster wizard who founded the academy hundreds of years ago? Did a group of wizards form it together? How long did it take to build the academy and how, etc)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2009, 05:25:45 pm »

Room for more?

Name: Alfie
Race/Gender: Human/Male
Profession: Alchemist/Runecrafter.
Background: Orphaned as a baby, he was left in the street until an alchemist took him in and raised him. When he was old enough he was taught the ways of alchemy and taught runecrafting at the local magic school.
Skills:  Basic runecrafting,  Experienced alchemist.
Traits: Introvert, likes to study.
Inventory:  Runecrafting tools: Pen, ink, small hammer and chisel. Rune spell book (spells:Warmth (makes object warmer), Revealing glow (glows when around certain thing)), spell book (spells: Orb of light), alchemist's kit, slightly scruffy clothes.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2009, 06:23:32 pm »

Room for more?

Name: Alfie
Race/Gender: Human/Male
Profession: Alchemist/Runecrafter.
Background: Orphaned as a baby, he was left in the street until an alchemist took him in and raised him. When he was old enough he was taught the ways of alchemy and taught runecrafting at the local magic school.
Skills:  Basic runecrafting,  Experienced alchemist.
Traits: Introvert, likes to study.
Inventory:  Runecrafting tools: Pen, ink, small hammer and chisel. Rune spell book (spells:Warmth (makes object warmer), Revealing glow (glows when around certain thing)), spell book (spells: Orb of light), alchemist's kit, slightly scruffy clothes.
Nope, we're full. Sorry.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2009, 08:31:07 pm »

I accept the quest.  I look for my compatriots.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2009, 11:04:24 pm »

For my second action, I'll head into the library and look for books about the history of the academy.
5: You study the plans expertly. The majority of the building is several stories high, in a rectangular shape. A tall tower rises out of the middle of the building. It looks like you could either construct the tower out of blocks, or have a skilled earth mage pull it straight from the earth. Carving it out of a mountain would not be very advantageous as you would lose height and the surrounding area would be higher, but building it ontop of a mountain or hill would provide a great view of all the surroundings.

+4 to Architecture

2:You head into the library, but the few history books they do have seem to be checked out.

Using my new copper amulet, I'll put on an acrobatics performance for tips. After the show's over, I'll give the amulet to the kid who seemed to enjoy my show the most.
4: You begin practicing with your acrobatics, and start leaping from each stall in the market. Several members in the audience look up, and start clapping. Jumping, spinning, and flipping your way to 15 minutes of fame, several shoppers drop some coins for you. You swoop in to pick them up, then give the amulet to an entranced girl standing there.

+1 Agility

+40 Coins

Try and use wind magic to blow dust out of my eyes
5: You summon up some of wind and blow the dust from your eyes. They feel a little dry, but your success makes it worthwhile. Now that you can see again, you copy your movements and watch closely. With a little more practice, you figure out how to move objects with bursts of wind.

+4 to Elementalism
New Spell: Gale

ohhh ok then, I'll look for mercenary work of my own!!  I want Blood!!! Preferably not mine!!!!!
1: While looking around the marketplace to see if anyone is in need of work, you trip and fall, scraping your arm. You see blood welling out on the surface.

Injury: Minor Cut

I accept the quest.  I look for my compatriots.
As in, you're asking the other players for help? Not sure why you would need a roll for that, but...

2: You see nobody in your vicinity to recruit.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
Ragnok

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2009, 11:45:30 pm »

I head over to the librarian and begin to curse furiously tell hilarious jokes.

Maybe if he likes me enough, he'll give me access to the (probably) classified building plans to the academy.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2009, 01:26:57 am »

Continue to Study Arcane Theory

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2009, 06:34:18 am »

I return to the acadamy, find Ragnok, and study Arcane Theory with him. Maybe together we can figure it out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59