Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79378 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 6: Kilakan the amazing Rock Wizard]
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2009, 09:28:50 pm »

Heft boulders in the air and throw them around in the marketplace.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 09:29:46 pm »

I go to the academy's library to study up on arcane theory.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2009, 11:34:45 pm »

I'm surprised with how much you guys want to learn Magical Theory. I thought it would be one of the least popular schools due to the fact it didn't have any spells associated with it...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2009, 06:36:29 am »

I want my mostly useless bonus to action descriptions!

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2009, 05:00:03 pm »

continue studies

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2009, 05:45:06 pm »

A note on magic schools: While your skill in the school affects all spells in the school, each category is tiered. Here's an example from alchemy(Names subject to change, this is just to give a picture):

Alchemy
Basic Healing Potion
Intermediate Healing Potion
Advanced Healing Potion

Basic Concentration Potion
Intermediate Concentration Potion
Advanced Concentration Potion

So while you might be an Talented Alchemist and be able to make Advanced Concentration Potions, if you never learned out to make a Basic Healing Potion you will not be able to make Advanced Healing Potions. Thi goes for other schools as well. For Elementalism you can know a lot of powerful Earth spells, but until you learn a basic lightning attack you won't be able to learn more advanced lightning spells.

If you want to study a specific field, just mention it. If you want to learn how to shoot fireballs, say I want to learn 'ranged fire magic'. You can use this any way you want; you can focus on one particular subset and become very proficient with that(but suck at everything else), or study all classes and know a little about everything.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2009, 05:56:08 pm »

I'll take the gold and wander around the market place, looking for a merchant who can sell me a gold pouch at a reasonable price (I'd think around 5 gold) I'll then try to find a trainer who would train me in the use of great swords, then if I find a decent one I'll train, if he wants too much money I'll humiliate Chris by stopping his boulders in mid air above his head.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2009, 11:01:50 pm »

I'll scrawl the schematics (or at least, what I can remember of them) onto whatever surface I can find; my flesh, if it comes to it! That rusty iron knife will prove its use yet!

Edit: Actually, if possible, it'd be better to carve it onto someone else's flesh. So I'd like to check out an alley by the tavern for passed out drunks if I can't find a suitable writing surface.

5: As the spirit leaves your body, you suddenly realize that you've been muttering "paper...parchment" and "quill...ink" the whole time. One of the patrons in the tavern happens to be a scribe, and realizing what happened hands you some fine vellum and a goose quill. You quickly sketch out a perfectly scaled drawing of the plans onto the vellum.

+4 to Architecture
Item: Legendary Castle Plans

Heft boulders in the air and throw them around in the marketplace.
(Priority 6!) 4: You pick up some of the boulders Kilakan dropped and throw them around. People start screaming and running away from you, and one of the city guards guards approaches you. He demands that you stop flinging the boulders around, as you're causing a disturbance of the peace.

+1 Strength

I go to the academy's library to study up on arcane theory.
2: You head into the library, and pick up some books on magical theory. However, they're still exceedingly confusing... you can't figure anything out from studying them.

continue studies
3: You continue to study magical theory. While you still don't quite grasp the concept, you do gain a little better understanding.

+1 to Magical Theory

I'll take the gold and wander around the market place, looking for a merchant who can sell me a gold pouch at a reasonable price (I'd think around 5 gold) I'll then try to find a trainer who would train me in the use of great swords, then if I find a decent one I'll train, if he wants too much money I'll humiliate Chris by stopping his boulders in mid air above his head.
(Priority 1!) 1: You wander around looking for a merchant selling pouches with your money clutched in your hands. After several inutes without finding anybody, a pickpocket runs into you and steals 20 of your coins before running off. 4: An experienced mercenary sees this, and offers you some training before any more of your gold is stolen. He asks for 20 coins per lesson.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
Ragnok

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2009, 11:15:18 pm »

The dice have been kind to me, indeed. Next order of business is to actually build the damned thing.
I head to the academy and begin to study the campus, in an attempt to gain a better understanding of it (and where improvements may be made!)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2009, 12:56:26 am »

The dice have been kind to me, indeed. Next order of business is to actually build the damned thing.
I head to the academy and begin to study the campus, in an attempt to gain a better understanding of it (and where improvements may be made!)

I'm not sure building your castle inside the academy is a good idea either. Keep in mind Schalade is a city, and a fairly populous one at that. The current residents will not take kindly to anyone building inside, outside, around, over or under the city. Up to this point, nobody has actually stepped outside the city either, another thing I found surprising.

Keep in mind the starting description. There are mountains to the north - would you like to build a mountain fortress? The city gates are to the south, so more settlements including other cities and smaller towns and hamlets will probably be found that way. You could build it off a major road, or something like that. Keep in mind that unless you become a very talented Earth Wizard, your castle will not spring up overnight, much less in a single turn...

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2009, 01:24:51 am »

I'm not sure building your castle inside the academy is a good idea either. Keep in mind Schalade is a city, and a fairly populous one at that. The current residents will not take kindly to anyone building inside, outside, around, over or under the city. Up to this point, nobody has actually stepped outside the city either, another thing I found surprising.

Keep in mind the starting description. There are mountains to the north - would you like to build a mountain fortress? The city gates are to the south, so more settlements including other cities and smaller towns and hamlets will probably be found that way. You could build it off a major road, or something like that. Keep in mind that unless you become a very talented Earth Wizard, your castle will not spring up overnight, much less in a single turn...

Ah, yeah. Since I don't feel like wasting time on a school like Earth, I was thinking I'd check out the academy for flaws in its design, in an attempt to boost my architecture skill. If I actually find a major design flaw, I could offer to fix it, get some gold, and pay some carpenters (or an Earth Master) to build my castle for me.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2009, 07:03:22 am »

Arg, tired of studying. I want to buy a cheap copper amulet, would take take an entire turn, or could I mix that with a rune crafting action?

If I can, then I Go to the market and buy a cheap copper amulet, then inscribe it with runes to increase the acrobatics ability of the wearer.

If not, then I Look for work as a scribe, trying to get enough money to buy much cheap jewelry.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2009, 09:31:22 am »

Ah, yeah. Since I don't feel like wasting time on a school like Earth, I was thinking I'd check out the academy for flaws in its design, in an attempt to boost my architecture skill. If I actually find a major design flaw, I could offer to fix it, get some gold, and pay some carpenters (or an Earth Master) to build my castle for me.
Okay, that makes more sense.

Arg, tired of studying. I want to buy a cheap copper amulet, would take take an entire turn, or could I mix that with a rune crafting action?

If I can, then I Go to the market and buy a cheap copper amulet, then inscribe it with runes to increase the acrobatics ability of the wearer.

If not, then I Look for work as a scribe, trying to get enough money to buy much cheap jewelry.
You can do both of those in a single turn.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 7: Legendary Castle Plans]
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2009, 02:40:39 pm »

well I'll train with him for however many lessons can fit into a turn.
Nom nom nom

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 7: Legendary Castle Plans]
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2009, 07:00:11 pm »

Take a break from studying and use my knowlege of Arcane theory to Practice Wind Magic
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:26:35 pm by bulborbish »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59