Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79636 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 40ish]
« Reply #495 on: December 09, 2009, 12:33:14 am »

I'll look around for people who might know where the temple is, town guards, traveling merchants exploeres and the like.  oh and ask them where it is.
2: You wander around the courtyard, looking for anyone who might know the location of the temple. Everyone you ask seems to be just as clueless as you, however.

I continue my quest to find and follow AN!
1: Resuming your aimless wandering, you trip and fall. Right into a potter's stock. The merchant is angry at you, and wants you to pay 50 copper to make up for his loss.

I'll regroup with Nirur Torir and take care not to lose track of him this time.
6: With lightning speed, you dash through the streets, looking for Nirur. You find him next to the merchant, and eager to start your quest, grab him and run towards the city gates. The  merchant does not seem to happy with this.

Yeah dude. You just got robbed.

Umm... Work with Handy Travel fairy on targeting!  Cut signs into tiny pieces!
3+1=4: You engage in targeting practice with your fairy. Erm... You swing your axe at a sign. You cut a sliver of wood off the sign. Go you!

+4 to Axe User

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 09, 2009, 07:30:03 am »

Hey, I still had my copper when I checked for being robbed. That's not nice to retcon turns in such a way.

"Alright, alright, here's your money - AIEE! Put me down, kidnapper! .... Oh, wait, it's you. Thanks for getting me out of that. I think. I wonder how long of a prison sentence I'll be serving for that." I continue on my quest, trying to make it look to the guards like I'm going against my will.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 09, 2009, 11:00:30 am »

Rune of combustion + prison bars = !?

Eh, hm. Can you inscribe runes on people? Also, would a glove + rune of flames allow one to set things on fire at will?

Regardless, the cave shall be our next destination.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 09, 2009, 03:25:42 pm »

Press A for a jump attack!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 09, 2009, 03:44:18 pm »

Eh, hm. Can you inscribe runes on people? Also, would a glove + rune of flames allow one to set things on fire at will?

This reminds me of morrowind. Gauntlets + permanent poison enchantment = Dead shopkeeper, and no bounty.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 09, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »

Hot shards of metal flying everywhere.
Erm... well you can inscribe runes in flesh. Given that you're carving runes into them however, it might be difficult to find a willing subject. Also, it would be very painful, so if you decide to carve runes into yourself(or your allies) expect several difficult pain checks.

I'm now sure how you would manage to carve a rune into cloth, but if you did place a rune of fire on a glove, then the glove would be on fire. So... everything you touch would light on fire, yes, but I don't see how this would be any more useful than a flaming weapon or other object.
(If you mean something like Roy Mustang's fire, no, that would not work.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:03:04 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 09, 2009, 04:00:32 pm »

Look for a cartographer's guild or shop (map makers) and see if I can buy a map that will lead me to the temple.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 09, 2009, 04:20:07 pm »

Hey, I still had my copper when I checked for being robbed. That's not nice to retcon turns in such a way.

"Alright, alright, here's your money - AIEE! Put me down, kidnapper! .... Oh, wait, it's you. Thanks for getting me out of that. I think. I wonder how long of a prison sentence I'll be serving for that." I continue on my quest, trying to make it look to the guards like I'm going against my will.
1: Despite your best efforts, it becomes obvious to everyone watching that you're actually willing to be "kidnapped". To make it worse, your presentation looks horribly orchestrated, and the guards think that this thing was planned out all along. Both of you now have a 1 silver bounty in the city.
As far as the robbery thing, I actually planned that long before anyone commented on it, but I just forgot to update the status. It seems I've been doing that a lot lately.

4: Ignoring the yelling guards, you sprint out of the gate and hear toward the cave.

Press A for a jump attack!
6+1=6: You build up power in your muscles and prepare to spring. Right as you spring, Lawrence sprints out of the gate and runs underneath you. Your swing is aimed right at the guards following them! Luck 1: You can not avert your attack! RTD 4: The guard can not get out of the way! You cleave a guard in half. The other guards panic at seeing this bloodthirsty monster.

+4 to Axe User

Look for a cartographer's guild or shop (map makers) and see if I can buy a map that will lead me to the temple.
4: After searching around, you manage to find an old shop with several dusty maps in it. While the temple is not present on any new maps, one of the maps in the back of his shop displays it, as well as  7 other temples throughout the land. It's much too expensive for you to afford at 5 gold, however.

Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:25:31 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 09, 2009, 04:42:51 pm »

{1} ... {1} ... {1} ... Hey, I think I should avoid taking any serious actions for a bit longer.

I lie to AN about how cool I am.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 09, 2009, 04:45:59 pm »

Drop the weapon.  Apologize.  Witty one liner.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 09, 2009, 05:18:19 pm »

...I'm a felon now? Really?
At least it's not like 1 silver is a particularly large amount.

Nirur! Please try to constrain your crazy antics to yourself from now on.

Now, let's get to the cave. For real, this time. Preferably without inciting the wrath of anything that may be lurking in the forests.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 09, 2009, 06:59:42 pm »

I'll bargain with the shop keeper, and see if I can give him my amulet of clarity as a deposit (i'll get it back when I pay him) for the map, and I will pay him the 5 gold after I get back from the temple, or see if we can work out any other deal.

thinks to self "If not I might have to steal the map then level the shop to protect me from evidence.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:12 pm »

{1} ... {1} ... {1} ... Hey, I think I should avoid taking any serious actions for a bit longer.

I lie to AN about how cool I am.
5: You begin bragging about all the amazing, awesome things you [never] did. You manage to do an excellent job, and Lawrence believes you.

+6 to Lying

Drop the weapon.  Apologize.  Witty one liner.
6-1=5: You drop your axe on the ground and drop to your knees, trying to persuade the guards that it wasn't your fault and was only a wrong-place wrong-time situation. They believe you somewhat, and though what you did is still illegal, they are willing to drop the charges... mostly out of fear of incuring your wrath, more than anything else.

+6 to Persuasion

...I'm a felon now? Really?
At least it's not like 1 silver is a particularly large amount.

Nirur! Please try to constrain your crazy antics to yourself from now on.
Now, let's get to the cave. For real, this time. Preferably without inciting the wrath of anything that may be lurking in the forests.
1: As you start traversing through the forest, you stumble across a mother bear and her cubs. She doesn't look too happy.
I'll bargain with the shop keeper, and see if I can give him my amulet of clarity as a deposit (i'll get it back when I pay him) for the map, and I will pay him the 5 gold after I get back from the temple, or see if we can work out any other deal.

thinks to self "If not I might have to steal the map then level the shop to protect me from evidence.
3: You offer your amulet as collateral, but the shopkeeper refuses, saying that the map is much more valuable than your trinket. He still seems willing to barter though... perhaps if you upped the offer?

Quote from: Bear
RRAAAWWWRRRR!!!
5: The bear charges at Lawrence, lunging at him with her teeth. RTD 2: Lawrence stands there helplessly as she bites his arm!

Right Arm: Severely Wounded.

Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 11, 2009, 01:10:34 am »

...conjure a chunk of flesh somewhere away from me.

When the bear isn't looking, RUN.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 11, 2009, 03:29:52 pm »

Offer to join the guard in some sort of adventurer freelance position.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59