Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sun Berries  (Read 2595 times)

OneRaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sun Berries
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 10:42:30 am »

2xMachina - you need to be in a good biome to grow them.
Messing with hardcoded stuff is playing with fire. And we all know how dwarves react to fire.

2xMachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 11:01:10 am »

Not entirely the problem... I removed the [good] tag from sun berries, and it still doesn't work.

Also I can plant Hide Rood and Whip Wines (one is wet biome, one is dry biome).

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 11:20:42 am »

Wow, has it been forever since I last posted. Anyway.

This is bug number 001040, seeds obtained from traders before any other product of the plant cannot be planted. The same thing will happen if you get whip vines from the elves in a non-savage territory; unless you also got whip wine or some whip vine flour, you will be unable to plant them until you do so. So you'll need to hold out and hope they bring some sunshine or the berries themselves.

2xMachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 01:43:24 pm »

Ah, damn. Would a hack work? I could edit the reactions to give me sun berries. Would this permit the planting then?

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 02:38:26 pm »

Most of my forts are in neutral, woodland areas and usually it's not long before elves bring in some sun berries with them so it's not long before I have a good supply of sunshine flowing.  I really think it has a lot to do with where you settle.  My current fort is settled in a desert and I haven't seen a single sun berry.  But there's always strawberry wine.  I never have any trouble making that stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]