Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spoily question  (Read 899 times)

seanose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spoily question
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 10:59:22 pm »

Ummmmm....death.

seanose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 11:06:04 pm »

You definitely need to break into the slave gallery, and not the eerie chimney.

I was only 50% prepared, since I thought the game was broken, and there were no demons.  So I had half my champs arrayed when I told the miner to break in.

The demons appeared immediately.

I killed about 2/3 of the tentacle demons, and didn't even scratch the boss.  Even if I had been perfectly prepared, I give my chances at 20%.

I really thought I was tough...I thought I was a bigshot...and now there's just blood everywhere.

I told myself this was my last game until the next big version is released.  (I had it downloaded at work for about a week---now there is a great way to destroy your life.)  And now I know it is my last game for now: but I look forward *so* much to the great suggestions of this board being implemented, and the brilliant work of Toady and 3Toe.

My heart will always truly be with Moria, but today the spot for DF grew, and swelled a little into the spaces reserved for childhood games that knew no limits.

Thanks, Bay 12.  A bit o' money, and lots of gratitude and dwarf blood, comin yer way.  Thanks.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 11:14:46 pm »

You definitely need to break into the slave gallery, and not the eerie chimney.

I was only 50% prepared, since I thought the game was broken, and there were no demons.  So I had half my champs arrayed when I told the miner to break in.

The demons appeared immediately.

I killed about 2/3 of the tentacle demons, and didn't even scratch the boss.  Even if I had been perfectly prepared, I give my chances at 20%.

I really thought I was tough...I thought I was a bigshot...and now there's just blood everywhere.

I told myself this was my last game until the next big version is released.  (I had it downloaded at work for about a week---now there is a great way to destroy your life.)  And now I know it is my last game for now: but I look forward *so* much to the great suggestions of this board being implemented, and the brilliant work of Toady and 3Toe.

My heart will always truly be with Moria, but today the spot for DF grew, and swelled a little into the spaces reserved for childhood games that knew no limits.

Thanks, Bay 12.  A bit o' money, and lots of gratitude and dwarf blood, comin yer way.  Thanks.

How many Champions did you have?

Currently, I've broken into HFS twice. Once I knew where it was, and it was a suicidal ditch(I was bored with that fort). The second time I knew there was HFS on the map, but I broke into it accidentally(I didn't even hit the Adamantine first!)

I immediately sent my miners back to the surface, forbid everything between the barracks and the HFS, and sent my 8 Champions to guard. They slaughtered all the demons without a problem. Maybe it's because they were all Legendary Wrestlers with high Armor User, Shield User and weapon skills. Maybe it was because I fought the boss demon on it's own(He flew up through the bottomless pit, while the frog demons had to take the stairs, so he got there first). Whatever the reason, I only had two casualties.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 [2]