Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traders not showing up(resolved)  (Read 561 times)

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
Traders not showing up(resolved)
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:55:47 pm »

Basically I'm playtesting my own mod and found an odd hitch when playing. I have embarked on a location that says it is accessible by all civilizations yet I have no dwarves... nor now that I think of it do I have humans show up. This leaves elves and the playable race that was modded in.

Spoiler: Modded in (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Humans (click to show/hide)

This creates a slight problem with the game especially in thoughts to balance. The modded in creature is without the stone pref tag so that someone could not embark with some of the strongest ores in the game off the bat even if you used a utility. It is also importable though so I would like them to be able to get it from the dwarves along with any other stone that may be needed like flux. Since the Dwarves aren't coming though this creates a slight problem.

Throughout the playtesting this has been my init:

Spoiler: Init (click to show/hide)

40d16 before anyone asks
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:48:47 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
Re: Traders not showing up
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:28:37 pm »

Your modded race lacks a [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_X].  I don't think they'll visit without one of those.

Oh, wait, I misunderstood.  Still, you should probably add [PROGRESS_TRIGGER] to your race.  Also, dwarves lack that token, so that may be why they don't show up.

Humans, just give 'em time.  Sometimes they won't show up until the 2nd or 3rd year for some random reason.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:32:13 pm by Arrkhal »
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:36:10 pm »

5th year, almost 6th now.

The progress trigger you say... I'll be sure to add that in. Hopefully I don't need to regen for it to work.

EDIT: Humans have just shown up, thanks for the advice.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:14:44 pm by mission0 »

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:43:44 pm »

This can happen in normal games too.  The dwarves  showed up once or twice in the game I'm playing now, but haven't shown up in over 9 years now.  They still show up on the civ screen, so do their leaders, and they don't show up as at war.  I could set my watch by the elves and the humans, but the dwarves are probably having a party somewhere.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 02:44:45 pm »

This can happen in normal games too.  The dwarves  showed up once or twice in the game I'm playing now, but haven't shown up in over 9 years now.  They still show up on the civ screen, so do their leaders, and they don't show up as at war.  I could set my watch by the elves and the humans, but the dwarves are probably having a party somewhere.

That may be more a bug than what my problem was.

Also can't verify Dwarves yet still waiting for summer to end and autumn to roll around.