Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Cooperative Art  (Read 9028 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cooperative Art
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 08:34:32 am »

MSPaint art is awesome.  You can make so much cool stuff.
And whenever anyone says it sucks you can say "I made it in MSpaint!"

Yeah!

You can do incredible stuff with MSPaint
You know how much of that was made on MSPaint? The first image of Problem Sleuth.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 08:44:28 am »

MSPaint art is awesome.  You can make so much cool stuff.
And whenever anyone says it sucks you can say "I made it in MSpaint!"

Yeah!

You can do incredible stuff with MSPaint
You know how much of that was made on MSPaint? The first image of Problem Sleuth.

There's alot of animation going on that's not done in MS Paint, but i'm pretty sure most of the individual images are done in it, or at least are done to look like it.

Possibly less so for the new one, since it's substantially shinier than the last ones, but the earlier two unfinished ones were definitely done in MSPaint, and most of the Problem Sleuth stills were too.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 08:47:52 am »

I thought Andrew Hussey himself said that only the first image of Problem Sleuth was done in MSPaint.

Edit:
Quote from: MSPaint FAQs
So you aren't actually using MS Paint to draw these, right?

Damn, exposed as a fraud right out of the gate!

No, you're right, I use Photoshop. I started out in MS Paint (in fact, the only image on this site done in Paint is the very first one). But I quickly switched to Photoshop. I needed to be able to keep things on separate layers in an organized series of files as the stories built in complexity. "MS Paint Adventures" was what I named the game before any of this became an issue though, and the name just stuck.
So, not even any of Problem Sleuth.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 09:09:55 am »

I see. Doesn't really surprise me; layers are priceless.

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 09:10:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The classic: Hide the arms behind the character so you don't have to draw proper arms and hands!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 11:23:50 am »

I realized that due to it being an .xcf file, it'll be kinda hard for anyone to continue this unless I upload evry layer separately. X_X

Edit: to clarify, it's and xcf file on my computer that has layers and such, this uploaded one is just a png.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:59:28 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

neosorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 06:07:43 pm »

Layers are just a nuisance, unfortunately I may have coloured outside the lines a little bit...

I would like to see this idea picked up again.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 06:12:51 pm »

That is NICE! His eyes are gorgeous!

He seems a bit tall and skinny for a dwarf, but nobody's gonna question that beard.

I don't think it's particularly cooperative anymore, though...

neosorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 07:43:21 pm »

I admit it is a bit of a leap, but I think each artist should bring their own skill and style to the table like a succession game or else the idea would stagnate. Unless I totally misinterpreted the idea of this thread. In any case, the previous steps are still there to be picked up if there was any interest.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 10:23:31 am »

I admit it is a bit of a leap, but I think each artist should bring their own skill and style to the table like a succession game or else the idea would stagnate. Unless I totally misinterpreted the idea of this thread. In any case, the previous steps are still there to be picked up if there was any interest.
Yea, your image looks more like inspired by than derivative from my last one. It's awesome looking thou, but it is quite far removed form the previous ones.

Edit: Ok, did some tweaking:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 11:13:21 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 03:27:36 pm »

I can just imagine, if I were to volunteer in this, and use the techniques I applied to my avatar, this can look amazing. I mean, the values are already there to tweak.

Issue with that though. It will take quite a bit of time to nab every little detail (Including the overlay shortcuts); plus, I think there would be too far a leap in quality. But the main issue is I tend to procrastinate unless I'm in the fey mood to do so.

But if I were to work on it, I think you'd be amazed at how much use just the burn and dodge tools can be with subtle use of the paintbrush as well, and that's just for the clothing. A texture overlay could be applied to the background as well (stone preferably, I see), depending on what material we're working with, and then with skin texture, lots and lots of detailing with all the relevant tools, even with the beard, and that would be the trickiest part to work with. All this working in 300dpi, of course.

Now you see why I would need quite a bit of time to work on it.

ETA: I'd say I would need to reserve a day or 2 to get it done in a normal mood, about a week or 2 while lazy; or a good 5 hours straight while fey, maybe tops.

(Image saved and optimized to work with (Photoshop file), just in case.) I might show a progressive update (editing/updating the post/picture), you can review it as it progresses and I'll make adjustments if it takes longer than estimated (IE- Normal/Lazy rate).

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 10:09:27 pm »

Wow, that is awesome.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 10:11:19 pm »

The dwarf is coming along well guys :)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 10:20:25 pm »

I bet you five dwarfbucks he actually uses gimp or photoshop, or a flash program. At the very least, he HAD to make it animated in something that wasn't Paint (no animation tool) and he probably doesn't settle for just one square selection on the clipboard at any time.

I'm slightly unwilling to post a concept for an idea I have, on the logic that I fear this thread will get loaded with early drawings or sketches and nobody improves upon it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

neosorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 12:18:33 pm »

Is anyone working on it at the moment?

I'm slightly unwilling to post a concept for an idea I have, on the logic that I fear this thread will get loaded with early drawings or sketches and nobody improves upon it.

I think we could use one or two more.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6