Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 53562 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 22: Tasting the Fun, part 1
« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2010, 05:45:01 pm »

i swear i said i wanted to go explore the area
Back to Mafia with me!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 22: Tasting the Fun, part 1
« Reply #331 on: February 01, 2010, 05:35:46 pm »

Sad news this turn, somebody died and had to leave the game... permanently. No respawning in this RTD.
Of course, I am speaking of Coffe-Kashyyk, who just run out of coffee ;)

Quote from: RAM
I go to the exit stairs and try to transfer my impending death to some small animal that ran in to escape our impending death from outside.
|You rush toward the vat room, followed by Jetsquirrel which then disappears as you keep running toward the exit. On the stairs, you see what you was looking, an animal! A small rat that entered the building hoping to find food and shelter. You focus on the fire inside you, trying to see the magic pocket in which it is locked; then, you create a link between you and the pocket and unleash the fire onto the helpless creature. The fire starts flowing in the tunnel created by you, but the rat is too small, it fills rapidly and is consumed, exploding in a small burst of flames! Witnessing such a horrible death makes you afraid of having to suffer just as much in the end, should the fire not be stopped. At least, you feel that the pressure lowered, it won’t burn as quickly as before. ( roll to increase, instead of steady +1 each turn)
Quote from: Digital Hellhound
I gotta get rid of these useless arms

|No, just no. you aren’t going to try healing magic again… not now at least. The last time results were totally horrible. Maybe you should try on something less important, or on some other person/animal. There must be somebody who needs healing and isn’t strong enough to refuse somewhere in the building!
Quote from: Diakron
Explore
|you decide to go exploring after the vat room, since it seem there was a lot of activity in the area. But there is no reason to run  like you saw RAM and Jetsquirrel do, so you just walk. But you also try to try your telekinetic power to some objects to train it. A good target seems to be the ceiling before the vat room. A ceiling won’t go flying, so there will be no collateral damage. That is what you think at least, but a physic teacher will say otherwise. For each action , there is an equal and opposite reaction. You focus the energy onto the wall, which as you predicted doesn’t move a bit, but this sends you flying backward! | you are surprised by the outcome of your action and you have no time to react before gravity pulls you down again, crashing on the floor. Luckily you didn’t use much power for your action but the landing was strong enough to stun you. You get up with rather bad feelings about physics.
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Make a genius plan that will knock out the mabàli and find the stuff needed for it
|you see RAM running toward the exit and decide to follow him, then a good plan would just come to your mind after you meet some mabàli. But after exiting Vat room you see a faint voice calling for help from the generator room and you enter to investigate. You see Kashyyk on the ground and, near him, the device that will be used for your genius plan! A mabàli harpoon! Not enough to kill a mabàli of course, but enough to stun him. You tell Kashyyk to relax, that it is all ok, then grab the harpoon and run away. “ it will call for help later”. You hear rather bad words being shouted at you while you run away. You arrive at the exit, then stop to take a look outside. The door is severely damaged. Nearly pushed out of the frame, the concrete around it cracked.

Quote from: Kashyyk
I lie back and concentrate on the pain in my legs, and focus on their source. I will then block the pain receptors at this area.
|The pain is way too much for you to do any effort to block your nervous system- in fact, it is too much to even think of it, the wounds became more painful and you fear it is only going to get worse. You desperately call for help, and finally somebody arrives: it is Jetsquirrel who comes closer, looks at your wound and says “it is all ok, relax”; then he takes your mabàli harpoon and runs away “I’ll call for help after I finish using this”. While he is running away, you gather all your lung strength and shout : “F*** you!! I need help NOW not robbery!”

Quote from: Flintus10
block out the pain for now and see if there is anything in this room I can dress my wounds with.
|before the pain has time to be truly felt, you start tending your wounds. You take strips of cloth from your clothes and sue them to bandage the several cuts you have all across the body, which should help them to heal better. There is nothing you can do, however, about your chest and the damaged ribs you have. Just as you finish, you start feeling all the pain from the small cuts, which makes every move uncomfortable; furthermore you have troubles breathing and moving your chest hurts, A LOT.  Maybe you shouldn’t have used arms so much.

Background roll :2 nobody notices anything new. well, except Jetsquirrel but that is another story, and another roll.

Mabàli roll:6 Jetsquirrel sees a lone mabàli in the area, who is busy eating some plants from the forest ( these mighty, bloodthirsty, armored creatures are vegetarian… oddities of nature. )
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(5/20, off), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 18/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic   
Special Status:spiritual fire (4/6)
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(0/20),needlegun,diary
Health:
Abilities: .
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(0/20) 
Health:  unknown hand health,
Abilities: steel hand fighting . Telekinesis   
Special Status:hulk hand stunned

Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes ,2 fuel tanks ,rough steel mabàli harpoon
Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (0/20), flashlight (0/20), cup,
Health: sprained knees and ankles (5/6)
Special Status:
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(0/20),string, Odd device(Fun) 
Health: Broken nose , Small cut, bandaged(2/6) ,Small cut, bandaged(1/6) ,Small cut, bandaged(1/6), Small cut, bandaged(1/6), Small cut, bandaged(2/6) damaged ribs(3/6)
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Golem
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

As you see I added golem to the list of NPCs and I decided to let Flintus live for a turn without pain.
Diakron had a fun meeting with the third law of dynamics... which makes me very happy of letting conservation of energy somehow apply to  magic. energy and momentum ( was it momentum? translating physics isn't always easy). It is quite easy to write 1s if magic is involved.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 24: First casualty
« Reply #332 on: February 01, 2010, 08:28:14 pm »

I attempt to treat Kashyyk' wounds.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:43:59 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 01, 2010, 09:18:08 pm »

Live through sheer willpower.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 02, 2010, 03:30:44 am »

Call out for the guy with the fire AND  KNOCK OUT THAT MABALI!. After that tell the dude to concentrate his powers at the mabali. then go to kashyyk and treat him poor bastard

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 02, 2010, 08:05:20 am »

Live through sheer willpower.

uh? you aren't in danger, unless you get some very bad rolls for your ribs for a long time. The cuts will probably heal quickly, with the +1 bonus and the chest wound will make using arms harder, but as long as you don't use chest directly, or take a punch there, you are mostly fine.

but somebody should really, really help kashyyk. If he gets a 1 on the next healing roll, he will not only get more pain, but also a -1 to other healing rolls. Same goes if he gets 2 bad rolls in a row. And he is not in a good enough shape to heal himself, unless he rolls a 6, which will get him a 4, which should help.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:07:20 am by andrea »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 02, 2010, 08:41:11 am »

So I, umm, should treat the person with the sprained limbs instead of the person with the broken bones?

Fair enough, I will change my action to help Shyyk then.

Would unnatural fire be the best way to calm a grazing elephant?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 02, 2010, 09:07:38 am »

calm? you are going to sign his death sentence if you pass the fire to the "elephant" ( remember that this is not an elephant... it is more agressive, tougher, stronger.). Of course, being what it is, the mabàli will last more than you, but it will eventually die.

Also, having a roll for your fire means that damage can go down. But unlike other wounds it will never disappear or go to a lower level when it reaches 0/6, but it will instead stay until removed.

I wonder if somebody on this thread has tried to see in which thread the world this RTD is set in was created. Using some search skills it is not an hard task.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 02, 2010, 01:21:48 pm »

It would appear I have two people who want to heal me. Very nice of you. So, I help RAM heal me.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 02, 2010, 01:39:28 pm »

I'll follow Jetsquirrel and pull him out of trouble if when his plan fails.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2010, 02:12:15 pm »

HEY! my plans dont fail
I think atleast so

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 02, 2010, 03:14:07 pm »

you are trying to attack the Chuck Norris of animals with a badly crafted spear, alone.

Trust me, your plan can fail in many ways full of blood and gore.
and kebab.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 02, 2010, 09:22:51 pm »

Do the records state what sort of bonuses the Mabali have to their rolls?
Read the First Post!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 02, 2010, 09:33:59 pm »

hmmm learn to control an atom's nuclei
Back to Mafia with me!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2010, 01:11:19 am »

dont do it! you will accidently divide it by zero!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31