Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 53546 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 2: Knock on the door before entering
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2009, 10:59:52 am »

they can both be done, so pick one.
to get basic healing magic, you will need a 5, but after that for little wound you can do some healing without medical supplies.
to use medical supplies, 4 and 6 are fine too, but you won't learn how to heal without using material things.

your choice.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 2: Knock on the door before entering
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2009, 11:17:51 am »

Hidden psychic powers.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 3: Deep sleep
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 07:21:09 pm »

I will search for some more objects to go with the funnel and fuel tanks.

I like the new narrative style and it is a nice change from straight up rolls. 

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 07:31:50 pm »

go find everyone and practice pyrokinesis which i KNOW i have
Back to Mafia with me!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 04:33:25 pm »

you don't know you have it... you know nothing about your past other than what gets written in the turns. i mean... useful things. about personal things, feel free to invent and pm me, and i'll make you remember something during the turn.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 10:26:50 am »

You know, I'm going to use the same system as in MWM if you don't mind.

First: I wake up
Second: I look for Caffeine pills

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 10:53:30 am »

Just in time, kashyyk. I would have started writing your action soon.
I don't mind taking 2 actions togheter, but you can do both things togheter. in fact, that was, more or less, the action i rolled for. and the idea is more or less correct too: caffeine. If you don't mind, however, i'll keep my action which allows better results.
Turn coming soonish.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 10:55:53 am »

hehe, better for you or better for me?

Either way I'll have your role.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 11:47:50 am »

better for you kashyyk, since there is a place where there is surely coffe, and better for me, since i don't have to decide if there are actually coffee pills there.
anyway, turn. you people should work on getting electricity back... some lights only have 9 turns left.

Quote from:  warm, warm, HOT!... freeze
.RAM: I will look for schematics, damage control diagrams, instruction manuals, evacuation plans, inventories or anything else that I might be able to get a description of the facility from.
Diakron: go find everyone and practice pyrokinesis
Jetsquirrel : Turn light off and Distract Ram from doing his job
After healing Flintus, Ram decides to explore more carefully the place to find any information about the facility, their past and how they got in that place, how many years it has been since their first death… if it was really death. He is entering the room when he hears Diakron: “ PYROKINESIS!”. He then sees Diakron watching his hand in horror when he understand that it is overheating and slowly turning red due to the heat; “MY Hand! It is burning!!!”. Diakron, focusing on the half of his mind that isn’t flooded by pain tries to reverse the heating: the hand starts cooling, the red glow goes away to leave behind it a layer of deep burns in the hand. Touching it, he feels it is no more warm, it is cool… no, cold. Too cold! He sees his hands turning blue and snow forming on it before being able to stop the flux of magic. The pain is now so much that he falls on the ground, and the only word he can say is:”morphine…”. “ Diakron, what did you do? What was that? Magic? Is your hand still.. alive?” “I wish it was dead! It hurts like drinking melted iron!” “Maybe there is something against the pain in storage room. Look at the … uh… bright side. That is much more power than somebody without any magic knowledge would be able to do. Probably you could use Thermal magic before whatever happened to us.”He has just the time to turn when he sees a bright flash and make a leap back out of surprise, hearing a loud crack near his spine- he found what he was looking for, a working, even  if powerless, terminal. Now crashed. When he can finally open his eyes again he see Jetsquirrel’s laughing face; He arrived with a turned off light and sneakily lit it in RAM’s face. “ What the Hell man? What was that for? “ “Relax, it was funny! Tell him Diakron” “ unng.. sorry but I am not in the right mood for this. Look at my hand! “ “ ewww… it must hurt”. “ shut up and go taking morphine now, I feel like I drank piranhas”
Quote from: Is there anything better than a cup of coffee in the morning?
Digital Hellhound: I try to make my bruise better with my hidden psychic powers.
KashyykAI: find something to keep me awake in storage room
Kashyyk wakes up, terribly drowsy, and quickly looks in the room for caffeine pills or anything else to keep him awake, with the help of Flintus, but finds nothing. Meanwhile Hellhound is trying without much success to heal his arm by magic. He seems to feel something, and the bruise IS better, but he can’t understand if it was him or bruise’s natural evolution. He hears Kashyyk in the corridor:”Caffeine! I need caffeine!”.” Hey, Kashyyk, come here. There is a coffee machine. It doesn’t work but if we get it open there might still be freeze-dried coffe”. Hearing this, Kashyyk rushes into the room-“COFFEE!!” and shakes, without much effect, the coffee machine. You also hear Diarkron screaming in pain, but since he stops soon, you don’t bother looking. Digital also apologizes to Kashyyk in every way humanly possible.
Quote from: Flintus10
I will search for some more objects to go with the funnel and fuel tanks.
|You Look in the room for a car or a generator big enough to need the fuel tanks you found, but there is no such thing in there. You help Kashyyk looking for some caffeine pills but give up when you see him running away. Suddenly, a cry of pain is heard: “MY Hand! It is burning!!!”. You go out in the corridor to look where it came from  and you see Diakron, in the Vat room , with a burnt-frozen hand… it must hurt a lot. Jetsquirrel walks past you, asking you to keep silence, the he sneakily approaches RAM and flashes him! What a child.
Background roll :1 you see nothing. In fact, you may as well gone blind.
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  Clothes  , flashlight(17/20), bandage kit (19/20)
Health: Unharmed   
Abilities: .   
Special Status:

Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(9/20),needlegun
Health: bruised left upper arm(3/6)
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, metal tube, flashlight(17/20) 
Health: charred and frozen left hand   
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight(15/20)
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (9/20), flashlight (18/20)
Special Status: sleeping 
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, flashlight(17/20) 
Health: broken nose ,no bleeding
Special Status:

LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: unknown outside (click to show/hide)

the only person who is actively trying to find more about the setting and possibly the backstory, is cursed by rolls and stopped by players :( makes me sad. Don't give up RAM! we are all with you!
also, Diakron, despite you getting a 1 and thus should have lost any possibility of learning that magic, i decide to not do that, and instead let you use another kind of magic, due to narrative purposes. While you have learned nothing from this uncontolled magic, at least you know that you CAN learn it... it means that further 1s won't make you lose the ability of remembering it. the drawback, of course, is that hand you have...
Flintus, if you get another 4 on the same kind of magic, then you will learn(remember) it. but careful to 1s.. you shown to clear sign of magic and so you might still not have known it.
what a mess with tenses... i'll try to say it again. you all MIGHT have known magic in the past. if you knew it or not, depends on the roll you get when trying to use it. There are different kinds of magic, and each one requires its own learning roll. Thermal magic won't, for example, heal things more than a fire and some ice would. and healing magic won't be useful to throw fireballs.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 4: Quest for magic
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 11:55:12 am »

Now i need finally to do something Usefull

>Practice at manipulating metal

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 11:56:51 am »

you mean forge like, with your hands, or magneto-from-x-men-like?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 12:00:18 pm »

Magneto ftw

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:25 pm »

I now try to awaken my psychic powers by breaking down and reassembling the coffee machine. (Telekinesis)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 12:19:07 pm »

Digital: How about I smash the Coffee machine open with a nearby chair and once I have my Caffeine you can do what you want with the Coffee Machine?

First: Beat Coffee Machine with Chair
Second: Eat Raw Coffee

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 12:25:36 pm »

kashyyk, these 2 actions can be combined since you have a person helping you in the room, and you are smashing that coffee machine with the only purpose of taking the coffee that is inside it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31