Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 53560 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 24: First casualty
« Reply #345 on: February 03, 2010, 09:05:06 am »

Do the records state what sort of bonuses the Mabali have to their rolls?

records will tell you nothing, since you have never fought them except in a small narrative turn and I didn't roll anything during that.

But they have no bonus as far as rolls go.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2010, 10:08:30 pm »

Continue working to heal myself.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 07, 2010, 05:18:12 pm »

As by regular schedule, the turn will be delayed to tomorrow. ( Do I ever post turns on sunday?)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2010, 05:49:32 pm »

Quote from: Kashyyk
I help RAM heal me.
|Ram enters the room and speaks to you “don’t worry, I didn’t forget your injuries. I am here to heal you.” “ Thanks you. I thought you all would abandon me here forever.”, you whisper. You would like to help him in his efforts, but you are way too tired, incapable of moving and full of pain to do much more than saying “Thanks” and trying to avoid shouting too much. He does something to your legs, then pains starts to fade. With a weak voice you say “ Did you heal me? I feel much better. “ It is just pain killers, don’t move.” He then goes to take you a pillow for your head, then leaves promising to go back to helping you later.

Quote from: RAM
I attempt to treat Kashyyk' wounds.
|While Jetsquirrel works on his “genius” plan you remember that Kashyyk is probably still standing in the generator room, heavily wounded; you have healing equipment on you so you must go back and help him. Entering, you are welcomed by a weak, but thankful Kashyyk, lying on the ground. You start examining him but the damage is internal, there is little you could do except giving him some pain killers. At least, with standard means…  you put your hands over his joints and try to channel energy in them, not destructive energy of fire but rather an healing energy. Surprisingly, you can see an exterior force flowing into your body and then into Kashyyk joint, cells start to heal, bones come closer, liquid is drained… but your internal fire doesn’t allow the contact to stay long enough to completely heal the injuries; In fact, to the naked eye not much has changed. After trying magic, you apply pain killer and then take Kashyyk a pillow from the bedroom. You would move it there, but you can’t easily carry him alone and you fear doing so would damage his joints much more.
Quote from: Diakron
hmmm learn to control an atom's nuclei
|If your telekinesis works on macroscopic objects, such as the crates you moved earlier, then why not apply it to objects much, much smaller? Control of atomic nuclei will allow you to make many useful tricks, for example! You tru to focus your telekinesis , but you find it very difficult to even find something so small, much less manipulate it in any way. You don’t achieve much with your efforts.

Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Call out for the guy with the fire AND  KNOCK OUT THAT MABALI!. After that tell the dude to concentrate his powers at the mabali.
|Not seeing that RAM went back into the building, you decide to throw your harpoon toward the mabàli, hoping to injure him or at least to give RAM time to do his magic. You take it in your hands, go back as much as you can, then you start running and with unusual strength you throw it! But it seems way heavier than it should be… wait, is it Hellhound the one who is flying on the harpoon? How did he get there? Due to the extra weight and air resistance the harpoon can do little more than falling on the ground not far from the mabàli. Hellhound seems to land well, then he quickly shoots the mabàli with the needlegun before running back to the safety of the building. The animal is angered by the attack and is calling the herd.
Quote from: Digital Hellhound
I'll follow Jetsquirrel and pull him out of trouble if when his plan fails.

| You follow Jetsquirrel up to the exit stairs, then you see he is doing something  with the harpoon. You see him starting to run and thinking that he wants to ram the spear into the mabàli you decide to help him: you quickly grab the harpoon and start running. Suddenly, you are flying in the air, toward the mighty beast!  Weighed down by you, the projectile falls on the ground before reaching its target but you manage to jump away before you hit the ground and land without harm. When you raise your head, however, you see a mabàli coming toward you! Afraid of him, you shoot a single needle from your gun, then turn toward the door and run faster than ever to avoid impeding dead by tusks.
After you reach the safety of the building, you can finally rest. “ Not. Doing. That. Again. NEVER!”

Quote from: Flintus10
Continue working to heal myself.
| Seeing your success with the cuts you decide to try your luck with the ribs. There is little you can do with bandages for your ribs, but you can always try magic. In fact, that is what you are going to do. You try to focus on the ribs, healing them… you feel something, like ribs snapping back together, but you can’t make much of it… they still hurt when you try to move. Better than before though. Resting will have to be enough.
Background roll :3 umh… so what? You have already seen everything
Mabàli roll:2 Mabàli answer the call, they will soon be back to the building
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(5/20, off), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 16/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic, undeveloped healing magic   
Special Status:spiritual fire (3/6)
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(0/20),needlegun,diary
Health:
Abilities: 
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(0/20) 
Health:  unknown hand health,
Abilities: steel hand fighting . Telekinesis   
Special Status:hulk hand ,stunned
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes ,2 fuel tanks ,
Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (0/20), flashlight (0/20), cup,
Health: sprained knees and ankles (3/6)
Abilities: .
Special Status: Painkillers(20/20)
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(0/20),string, Odd device(Fun) 
Health: Broken nose  ,Small cut, bandaged(2/6), Small cut, bandaged(2/6), Small cut, bandaged(3/6) damaged ribs(2/6)
Abilities: undeveloped healing magic
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Golem
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

I forgot Diakron stunned status, but it doesn't matter, since I granted him failsafe and action was already 2.
People with undeveloped magic got a nearly perfect roll ( a 5 with penalty, or a 6 with penalty), and next time they try they will succeed in learning even if the final roll is 4 or 6 ( with 4 being safe and 6 being bad overshot)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:52:55 pm by andrea »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 25: Hospital incoming?
« Reply #349 on: February 08, 2010, 07:44:38 pm »

I try to channel the last of my fire magic into the Mabali.
Is there anything flammable around the building? Tall grass for example...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2010, 12:04:18 am »

Experiment with this new-found healing ability.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2010, 09:34:22 am »

That's it, I'm never helping Jetsquirrel again!

I attempt to improve my needlegun, taking apart my flashlight and the flashlights on the floor of the Vat Room and using their parts for the job.

EDIT: Maybe somehow convert the energy of the batteries into piercing power. If you can't stun them, poke holes in them.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:35:19 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2010, 11:05:32 am »

Ask the golem to help me or atleast thing up a plan and do that! if he doesnt cooperate try to knock out that mabali again without killing other people

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 09, 2010, 11:14:59 am »

how do you plan to knock out the mabàli? I need to know that.

and WITHOUT killing other people? how could you even think to ask such a thing? Your blood will be taken instead, for the daily sacrifice.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 09, 2010, 03:12:40 pm »

ahhh... not again

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2010, 03:43:55 pm »

pray the dice gods to be merciful then!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2010, 04:32:06 pm »

no but dont do that there never was arule for sacrificing!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2010, 04:37:46 pm »

I was just kidding don't worry. my die is good enough at damaging you without any help.
but you should still tell me how you plan to knock out the mabali if you don't get the help of the golem.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 09, 2010, 06:10:48 pm »

Well, I feel slightly better at least.
First: I lie back in (relative) comfort and  I concentrate on healing my joints
Second: I concentrate on blocking out the pain
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:34:30 pm by Kashyyk »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 10, 2010, 11:15:22 am »

may I suggest that you swap the order of the actions? due to pain killers you will be painless for a while, so you may want to use turns to heal the joints, instead of burning your nervous system.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31