Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 53544 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 17: 50% more hugs
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2009, 05:30:33 pm »

Quote from: RAM
I try to redirect the fire into the middle of the nuclear power station.
| You sit down to focus better on your powers, and try to deviate the heat to the core of the nuclear reactor, which should be able to keep it all. You annihilate your mind and enter the fire, you feel it, you hear it, you taste and smell it, you can grab it.  Then you try to move it, you channel the heat in the reactor room, but it is much, too much..| You try to force the heat away, when a cold mass arrive toward you, and you have to jump sideway to avoid it. You can’t keep control of your powers, and the channeled heat is poured onto the cold mass! You see it is covered by flames and, opening your eyes, you discover that it is Kashyyk! You hope that he is still alive, inside the flaming ball.

Quote from: Diakron
AI: keep training
| In a corner you find a practice doll, and use that to master your new art of fighting. It doesn’t take much for you to swing your hand masterfully. You can now change direction quickly, which will help you greatly during a fight, if enemies try to dodge your attacks.

Quote from: poking the sphere
Jetsquirrel:Poke the thing and listen carefully maybe it says something!
  Digital HellhoundGo and help jetsquirrel poke the thing
“Hey, jet, what about poking the sphere together? I think we can play some nice music on it!”
Poke.
Poke poke poke.
Tud tud tud poke poke tam poke tud tud tam tam.
CLANG
“Clang? What was that?” “ No idea… I think it came from the inside of the sphere. I bet we can discover some more if we poke it again.

Quote from: Kashyyk
I use my mabàli harpoon as a pole vault and leap through the fire out of the room.
| Remembering your days back in the college ,  you prepare the pole , run, and jump! You fly high in the air above flames, but you could not aim and the results of this are soon apparent: you are falling toward RAM and  you can do nothing to avoid it!|You land badly, you can feel ankles and knees spraining , just few seconds before you pass out from the pain. Like in a dream, you feel a cold heat surrounding you, without harm, and forming a protective shell. You can not explain what it was, nor if it is real or not.

Quote from: Flintus10
Fiddle with controls and see if I can get anything to happen.

| Broken, broken, no camera, no power, … that is all you could find. At least, the few things you can understand, the other are complicated things that you can’t understand. You try fiddling randomly, but it keeps spawning an annoying blue screen, telling you to call your administrator and tell him a string of strange numbers… 0x000003 ( 0x000002 0xFDA0023 … ).You can’t understand what it means, despite your best efforts. It also says something about new software and hardware… but they are just terminals, you don’t even know where the main computer is! You decide to give up

Background roll :2 You all are too busy to see anything. Jetsquirrel and Hellhound mainly, who are having fun poking the sphere some more.
Siege roll:2 You can not see what happens outside, but you feel more stomping, which can only be bad
???=1+1=2  I want to get a 5 on this sooo much…. I won’t tell you what action(s) caused the +1
Fire roll: 1 The fire spreads quickly, burning the place where Kashyyk once stood, touching the fission reactor and burning the combustion engine!
Generator roll:3 being the fuel input tube still open, a flame is quickly spawned from it, running high to the ceiling. The generator itself isn’t damaged yet, but it is not all steel in there.
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(5/20, off), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 18/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic   
Special Status:
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(0/20),needlegun,diary
Health:
Abilities: .
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(3/20) 
Health:  unknown hand health
Abilities: steel hand fighting .   
Special Status:hulk hand
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes ,2 fuel tanks
Health: Unharmed 
Abilities: none   
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (0/20), flashlight (4/20), cup, rough steel mabàli harpoon
Health: mild burns (1/6) on left face and hand, sprained knees and ankles (5/6)
Special Status: Drowsy, caffeine(6/20), unconscious 
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(4/20),string 
Health: broken nose 
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Quote from: Coffee-Kashyyk
Equipment: Clothes, 6 coffee cups 
Special Status:caffeine powered, asleep
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 18: We need no legs
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2009, 06:55:20 pm »

try to tunnel to Kashyyk using my hand as a jackhammer
Back to Mafia with me!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2009, 08:45:31 pm »

Flamethrower at the roof, keep going till I freeze.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2009, 03:59:57 am »

Build something useful take 2!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2009, 09:54:09 am »

Poke.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2009, 09:57:57 am »

Search for a pen and a piece of paper,poke the thing and write anything down that it does.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2009, 09:59:09 am »

i suddenly got a idea to take a LONG wire and plug it into the Monolith and the Sphere,but something inside me says that it will end with a disaster

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2009, 03:08:50 pm »

First: I absorb the fire, channel and concentrate it.
Second: I launch the fire in a controlled way, away from anything and anyone flammable.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 13, 2009, 04:55:52 pm »

once again, memory fails me. But, with some luck, turn will be up tomorrow.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2009, 05:59:54 pm »

turn nearly ready, but it is too late. SORRY!

Christmas is getting closer, after 22nd, it will be easier.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2009, 10:48:38 pm »

Thanks, I look forward to it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2009, 08:32:32 am »

The problem is that, with weekly turns, I forget statuses. turn was finished, then I see kashyyk's status: hugely damaged, unconscious. And remember that in the turn I wrote that he walked around happily fighting the fire :S

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2009, 08:59:20 am »

Same thing always happens to me  :D 'tis a hard life running a RTD still look foward to your next turn.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2009, 09:12:52 am »

Aaaaand.... turn! finally!
I removed the acronym on flintus broken nose, due to how unlikely I am to make a smell roll. And charisma will be dealt with when the need arises. Nose, however, is still broken.
I decided to run wound system outside of the turn, but if you are interested, kashyyk got 6 for the mild burns( now gone) and 6-1 for the legs ( still quite bad)

Quote from: fire fighters

RAM: Flamethrower at the roof, keep going till I freeze.
  Kashyyk :First: I absorb the fire, channel and concentrate it.
Second: I launch the fire in a controlled way, away from anything and anyone flammable.

As the fire grows higher, your efforts gets bigger.  You try to move the heat around, but all you can do is damaging the ceiling. Flames get higher after your efforts, forcing you to retreat. While fire advances, you have to grab Kashyyk to pull him away “ sorry man, but this will hurt”. Luckily for him while you retreat toward a wall he is unconscious and can’t hear anything, otherwise the pain would have been unbearable. When you can’t move anymore, you understand that you either have to win there, or burn there, the fire doesn’t stop, the heat makes you sweaty and the smoke hinders sight. You call for help, choking for the smoke.

Quote from: Diakron
try to tunnel to Kashyyk using my hand as a jackhammer
|  Hearing RAM’s desperate cry,  you just can’t stand still while your friends slowly burn. You rush at the door, but the way is blocked by flames; you close it and run back to the storage room. “If all ways are blocked to you, make your own”, said your father. He was talking about something else, of course, but it may still apply: You could make a tunnel to the flaming room! While using your hand as a jackhammer is impossible, since you don’t have a steel arm and should, much less steel muscles, your steel hand is a great pickaxes, allowing you to cut through the rock quickly. At least, quickly for an unskilled miner without equipment. When time to rest comes, you are below the corridor.
Quote from: Flintus10
Build something useful take 2!
| Your mind wanders into unexplored lands of madness, seeing things never seen by anyone sane before. In this state, you mercilessly smash computers, take spare parts from the monolith dissection, anything. Then in a wild rage you start assembling everything into… something.
You awake on the floor, holding in your hand an odd device.
Quote from: don’t awake the sleeping dog

Digital Hellhound: Poke
  Jetsquirrel: Search for a pen and a piece of paper, poke the thing and write anything down that it does.
Jetsquirrel quickly grabs pen and paper ( stabbing himself , without much damage), and you both start poking the sphere again.
Poke
Poke
Poke
The sphere suddenly breaks open, splitting in 2 perfect halves. A very big and bulky shape comes out and, before you can see what it is, shouts “POKE”. It raises its arms and you both are sent to the ground by an invisible blow, luckily unharmed. “ after all this time, I need more practice. Is that the training you got at the base? Poking powers bigger than you? Try it again, and I’ll punch you straight into your faces. Now, tell me: is it safe to go outside? Did the plan work?”
Background roll :5 Jetsquirrel and Hellhound, still confused, stand up and see, in front of them, a golem, a magical being from the mountains, completely made of rock. You clearly remember that golems are great friends, but you sure don’t want to anger them, both because they punch HARD and because they are the most skilled in the use of magic
Siege roll:4 Situation stagnates, but mabàli seem to calm down
???:6. Golem roll, succeded.
Fire roll:3 fire doesn’t grow much , but gets closer to the 2 unlucky … what should I call you? Kashyyk and RAM
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(5/20, off), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 18/20)
Health: unharmed
Abilities:thermal magic   
Special Status:
Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(0/20),needlegun,diary
Health:
Special Status: stone arms
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(2/20) 
Health:  unknown hand health
Abilities: steel hand fighting .   
Special Status:hulk hand
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes ,2 fuel tanks
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (0/20), flashlight (3/20), cup, rough steel mabàli harpoon
Health: sprained knees and ankles (4/6)
Special Status: Drowsy, caffeine(6/20), unconscious 
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(3/20),string, Odd device(Fun) 
Health: Broken nose
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Quote from: Coffee-Kashyyk
Equipment: Clothes, 6 coffee cups 
Special Status:caffeine powered, asleep
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2009, 02:03:59 pm »

Honor the golem as a greater being that can help us and tell why we are here. Tell him also that we poked him out of curiosity to try to awake him and maybe he knows about the monolith, if it gets angry tehn RUN THE FUCK AWAY!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31