Destination based
- 4 (80%)
Other (specify)
- 0 (0%)
Don't know/don't care
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: Rebirth RTD Chapter 2- turn 3: Ready to go  (Read 53535 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 7: terrorist!
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2009, 02:03:03 pm »

so... lots of bad luck,and jetsquirrel found something.

Quote from: RAM
I realize that the strange fuzziness I felt in my mouth was actually some ancient chewing gum and use it to fix the wires...
|umh….  No, it wasn’t a chewing gun, nothing useful in your mouth. You could try biting the wires, but you think it is not safe.
Quote from: Flintus10
I will try again with the generator I suppose
|oh, here it is, the hole for fuel! Closed. Unluckily, it is very hard to open, there is some rust.

Quote from: A bit nervous?
Digital Hellhound: Take the diary and start reading.
Kashyyk: I find a bag of some sort in one of the other rooms to fill with more coffee
Hellhound tries to go out of the room to read the diary, but Kashyyk grabs him. “I NEED A CONTAINER FOR THE COFFEE!! HELP ME FIND ONE!!” “ oh… uhh… yes.. calm down..” “COFFE!” Hellhound takes a glass from a nearby tables and hands it to Kashyyk, scared “ well… why don’t you use it? Seems good” Kashyyk takes it and while he is busy examining it Hellhound flees outside. He enters the bedroom and lay down on a bed, needing to rest a bit. “ that man ate too much coffee. I hope his caffeine level goes down soon”.

Quote from: Diakron
wake up find some others 
|finally you wake up, but you flashlight doesn’t work. You walk toward a wall and then move toward the door, touching the wall to be sure not to run in circles. The door is open, but there is something blocking the corridor in front of it… corpses! The corpses of your family and friends, they are all there. It is not the corridor you remember, it is a different room, and you are alone in it. It smells of something horrible, but it is not just the bodies. The door behind you is there no more, you are trapped in the dark room. There are bodies and skulls on the ground, some of the skulls cracked as if they were bitten and utterly crushed by some kind of creature, you turn around, search the walls for an opening- LIGHT! You can clearly see everything, the wall in front of you breaks to reveal a beast like no one has ever seen, it jumps on you and it bites your head off your body! “ AHHHHHH”. It was a dream… you wake up but your flashlight doesn’t work. You walk toward a wall and then you move toward the door…
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
go to a new undiscovered place
|You suddenly remember about the second door in the vat room and decide to discover what there is past it. You open the door and find a big room with computers on all the sides, maps on the walls, blueprints, desks, notes and chairs ,paper bins that were never emptied, even some chewing gum on the floor(maybe RAM would like it?) a control room of some kind. There are 4 doors, including the one you entered from.
Background roll :5 Jetsquirrel, on the walls of the control room, spots a map of the building(it will be sent to him by pm)
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(13/20), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 18/20)
Health: Unharmed   
Abilities: .   
Special Status:

Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(5/20),needlegun
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(13/20) 
Health: charred and frozen left hand 
Abilities: none .   
Special Status: unconscious
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight(11/20) ,2 fuel tanks
Abilities: none   
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (5/20), flashlight (14/20), cup
Special Status: Drowsy, caffeine(14/20)
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(13/20) 
Health: broken nose 
Special Status:cheater

LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: unknown outside (click to show/hide)

everybody who will walk in that room will get the map, or Jetsquirrel can describe it to other people ( and they get map pmed again). when everybody knows, i post in the turn.
Map is coming soon, after i manage to download ASCII draw and make it work.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2009, 02:07:55 pm »

Eat that chwing gum and take those blueprints and some things out of the bins that are usefull. After that Run to the monolith Research room

Edit : Changed my action a bit
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 10:19:05 am by Jetsquirrel »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2009, 09:46:11 pm »

Try to fix the wires using magic.
Or if there is such a thing as counter-magic in this setting I would like to try to remove the curse on the generator room...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:13:19 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2009, 04:41:09 am »

Try one last time to refuel the damn Generator!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 8: widespread mediocrity, and map.
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2009, 08:07:35 am »

Get away from Kashyyk and try start reading the diary again.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2009, 08:47:01 am »

you already are away, but i'll take the diary part.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2009, 10:42:59 am »

alrighty then!

First: I sit down on one of the chairs and try to force my hyper-activeness into a cage in my mind. I will be able to open it at will to release it.
Second: Reinforce the previous action.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2009, 04:00:36 pm »

awaken search for others again
Back to Mafia with me!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2009, 01:58:17 pm »

turn will be up in a couple of hours.

today's spoilers:
one will be happy
one will be not
one discovered something interesting
one will have to fight

and one planted the seeds for something horrible and (hopefully) yet unknown.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2009, 03:38:49 pm »

Quote from: Feel the heat!
RAM Try to fix the wires using magic.
Flintus10: Try one last time to refuel the damn Generator!
 Ram is sitting on the floor, concentrated, trying to understand how to repeat in a controlled manner what Diakron previously did in a wild and uncontrolled way; he feels the pulses of energy in his body, he finally manages to use them, to extend the pulses outside his body. He can touch the generator, Flintus, the floor, the air, the wires.
While Ram explores his  new power, Flintus once again fights with the generator. In a desperate attempt to open the plug so that he can put fuel in, he puts both feet on the generator, grabbing the plug and pushing with all its strength.
Ram feels the hat of the things that surround him, he “touches” it, he can manipulate it- he start using the pulses of energy to “grab” packets of heat from the nearby air, floor, even flintus and himself and sending them to the wires. The wires , being so small, quickly heat up to red heat, then white, till they melt back together; Ram is careful to keep the exiting and incoming wires separated to avoid short circuits, but he can’t avoid melting part of the plastic cover. Just at the end of this act of magic, while still being aware of the surrounding, he feels an heat source flying toward him!
The plug, blocked by rust,  suddenly gives in, breaking and sending Flintus flying across the room! Luckily Ram moves and Flintus only barely hits him in the arm, doing no damage, and then he lands on a fuel tank which absorbs most of the force, leaving Flintus uninjured but splashing the room with fuel. The generator is still dry, but both you and Ram , like most of the room’s floor, are covered by fuel.

Quote from: Digital Hellhound
Get away from Kashyyk and try start reading the diary again
|You take the diary and open it. The cover and many pages are damaged by dampness and mould, many of them unreadable, but some still in a good shape. You start with one of the first pages.
18/3/1870
Dear diary, we just got transferred in this place from the Interspecie Academy of Science and Magic, together with the subject of our research. It is the first time in centuries that it was moved, such an important object… now moved secretly to some secret lab, where it will be studied by only an handful of scientists. Our families, the whole nation, was told we died during an attack to the Academy; not that it would have been far from the truth if we stayed there. Enemies’s attacks make more and more damage every day, and most areas of the Academy have been evacuated.

In the morning some soldiers arrived at our lab, they forced us to dismantle all the equipment, to pack our personal objects, filling at most a suitcase, and no more, then follow them in the big truck they arrived with. After we dismantled all the equipment we saw them taking “rocky” in the truck with their careless soldier hands; Gods know how I felt sick thinking at all the damage they may have done. It has been open and studied for centuries, and we still haven’t understood half of it. Things there might be fragile! But war comes before science it seem. I have never seen the average soldier fully understanding our care for the objects we study. They are all “if it doesn’t speak, and if it isn’t a weapon, then it is not worth spending time on it”. If Endren from the legends could see this, he would be disgusted. But even if he was here, his mind would be overwhelmed by this planetary war, that will take us to the brink of extinction, shall we lose.

But I am going too far. When we were taken back to our rooms to take few personal objects (remember toothpaste and toothbrush, would say my mother. I hope to see her again, alive), I found a notebook I never used, and I decided to take it, to write what is happening. I fear that I will never be able to tell anything about our work. I don’t want to die in this way, forgotten by everybody. I hope somebody will find you a day. I never had a diary, and probably I am too old to write my daily feelings, but at least it will help keeping me sane. It is not that they are treating us in a bad way: food is good, we have proper beds, separate bathrooms for males and females near the bedroom, a lounge with a bar and a coffee machine ( which uses too much caffeine- if I will ever feel better I might complain about it). But the fear is great, we don’t know what is going to happen, why we are here; we can’t see anyone outside of this building, underground and we were put together with several scientists from the army, people who I can’t probably trust outside of work,  should I ever speak about this diary.

They put us in a container together with what we were studying( I still fear naming it. They want to hide it, and if they ever discovered a diary where I openly speak about that… I don’t want to think about it). It was big, but due to all the things we were carrying ( 6 of us, ”rocky”, much of our equipment, our personal objects, 2 armed guards) it wasn’t a comfortable trip. The air was heavy and hot and after a while it started smelling- what do you expect when you put 8 people in a closed and hot place? I felt that we were being lifted and we accelerated upward for a while, probably in a military carrier, but the guards refused to answer to our questions on where we were and where we were going. I remember that we were all afraid we would be locked in a military prison till the end of our days for reasons we would never know. It didn’t happen, but our chances to see the light of the day again are equally low.

All watches and compasses were taken, but if senses of direction and time work well enough we flew toward the north for 2 to 3 hours…  which would mean we landed in sea, assuming subsonic speed. In situations like that, sense of time doesn’t work well. General direction however is the core of our nation: They have fear. They are retreating, they are taking all the important things close to the core regions. Is the situation so desperate? Is there no hope to win? All my relatives live on the southern borders, near the Academy. Will they be abandoned? I hope they will either go south in golem’s underground cities or north toward our capital, where they have more chances to live… if we all have any to begin with. This situation doesn’t help really… I always had hope in a turning of the tide of the war, or in the invaders getting tired and retreating… a peace treaty… but it is hard to have hope in such a place.

Wherever we landed, we were taken by another truck and then dropped somewhere else. I think the driver drove in a particularly convoluted way to confuse us. When the container’s door opened, all we saw was another door, the door to this building. We entered, descended some stairs, then arrived to a corridor. We were told that on our right there was the bedroom, which we would all share, and the bathrooms; on our right the lounge and dining room. When asked what there was beyond the other 3 doors, but they answered that we didn’t have to know yet. For this first day, they allowed us to have a free afternoon. We divided among the bedroom and the lounge, mixed with the other scientists. I suspect they were told to keep an eye on us, I never managed to be alone with my old team mates for more than 10 minutes; I managed however to use these short breaks to write this diary, together with frequent visits to the bathroom. Of course I watched for cameras before starting, but I found none, and probably they just aren’t here, or they would have already stopped me. Or maybe they are waiting tomorrow. In the last hour I started hearing strange noises, like excavator machines. If that is what they are, then there must be other exits since I saw no dirt being hauled outside. It must be night now, they wouldn’t do such a thing during the day. Unless we are in a military base, which is probable, but even then they want this to be hidden from enemies, don’t they? And doing big excavation works at the light of the day would be calling for unneeded attention. It must be something either big or near, since I can hear it over the sound of the generator. They didn’t tell us about the generator but I can hear its sound from the room south of the bedroom . They gave us our compasses after we arrived, did I tell it? The generator must be a nuclear one, fission probably. A fossil fuel generator makes a totally different noise. I am not sure I am comfortable sleeping so close to radioactive bars of uranium. But I am tired now and it is probably night, I’ll have to at least try sleeping. I hope to be able to write again another day.

Quote from: Diakron
awaken search for others again 
|using all the mental strength you have, you finally open your eyes, revealing a blurry vision on a crate just in front of you, on the floor of the storage room. Your head hurt, you must have hit it when you fell on the ground. You can’t feel your left hand, yet.. you can’t decide whether it is a good or a bad thing. You open your eyes once, twice, but you can’t keep yourself awake and you fall asleep again.

Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Eat that chewing gum and take those blueprints and some things out of the bins that are useful. After that Run to the monolith Research room
|the blueprints are glues to the walls, and taking them would be impossible. Beside, you couldn’t understand if they are microwave ovens or super advanced spaceships… they are a mess of lines! After spending some time studying them(or pretending to do so), you decide to try to eat one of the old and used chewing gums that are on the floor. After picking up the dusty, stone like, ball of chewed chewing gum, for some reason you decide to drop it again.

Quote from: Kashyyk
I sit down on one of the chairs and try to force my hyper-activeness into a cage in my mind. I will be able to open it at will to release it.
|Containing your mighty rage for a moment, you sit down and start to meditate, to stop your caffeine-self. You focus all your mind energies to separate that part of your brain from you, and at the end you manage to do it. You create a mighty cage, with a lock that only you can open, and you drop it on your other-self. He however, jumps toward you, trying to gain control over the body, and while you manage to dodge him, it is too late to dodge the cage, and you are both trapped, together. If you open the lock, he will knock you down, go out and seize the body… if you don’t open the lock you will be trapped until the body dies of thirst and hunger. Why did you make the cage out of unobtanium? You could have just smashed out quickly, without worrying about the caffeine-kashyyk  attacking you from the shoulders. You notice now that he has 14 coffee cups printed on his shirt, and just before starting the fight he takes one and drinks it. ( remember, this is still your mind)|

Background roll :1 Building? What building? You fail to notice everything.
STATUS
Quote from:  RAM status
Equipment:  XClothesX  , flashlight(12/20), bandage kit (19/20), pain killer(gel, 18/20)
Abilities:thermal magic   
Special Status:

Quote from:  Digital Hellhound status
Equipment: Clothes ,flashlight(4/20),needlegun,diary
Special Status: 
Quote from:  Diakron status
Equipment: Clothes, crowbar, flashlight(12/20) 
Health: charred and frozen left hand   
Abilities: none .   
Special Status: asleep
Quote from:  Jetsquirrel status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight(10/20) ,2 fuel tanks
Special Status:suicide bomber
Quote from:  Kashyyk status
Equipment: Clothes , flashlight (4/20), flashlight (13/20), cup
Special Status: Drowsy, caffeine(13/20)
trapped in the mind
Quote from: Flintus10 status
Equipment: Clothes, funnel, flashlight(12/20) 
Health: broken nose 
Special Status:cheater

NPCs
Quote from: Coffee-Kashyyk
Equipment: Clothes, 13 coffee cups 
Special Status:caffeine powered
LOCATIONS
Spoiler: unknown building (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: unknown outside (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:32:08 pm by andrea »

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Rebirth RTD - Turn 9: rise of magic and the beginning of a story.
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2009, 04:00:25 pm »

wake up try to find a first aid kit
Back to Mafia with me!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2009, 04:05:53 pm »

i hope you manage to wake up this time...writing the same thing for a third time isn't more interesting for me than for you :P

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2009, 04:12:59 pm »

hmmm better be some morphine in that kit :)
Back to Mafia with me!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2009, 08:38:32 pm »

Hmmm, surrounded by poorly maintained electrical wires, covered in fuel, and surrounded by fuel...
I help Diakron to wake up.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2009, 12:27:23 am »

TAKE THAT BALL EN GO TO THE MONOLITH
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31