Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How votes work (since I can't delete this poll, I'll use it for something better)

You may only vote for a specific story/game once.
You may vote on as many story/games as you want, as long as you're honest.
A story/game will be added once 6 people vote for it. The number is subject to change.
Once listed, a story/game may be removed by no less than 10 votes. It's doubtful this will occur.
Make sure you don't just vote because it's a person you like writing! Quality is a must.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 270924 times)

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #345 on: November 02, 2010, 06:22:33 pm »

This'll probably be weird, but I want to vote against Oilfurnace if such a thing is possible. It is nothing special, just an illustrated story of how a game of dwarf fortress usually goes. I don't think it deserves a place here (neither does Bronzemurdered, but that's already in, so...).

Well, according to the rules, things in the Hall of Legends can be removed if ten people vote for it, so you can vote to remove Bronzemurder. I'm not sure how voting against Oilfurnace, which is not yet in the Hall, works.

Sidenote: I voted for Oilfurnace because it is, as you say, a well-illustrated story of how a game goes. That, in my opinion, is something special. Oilfurnace (and Bronzemurder) are also very accessible to the uninitiated who are trying to get a sense of what DF is like.

Still, voting against it is your right (maybe?)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #346 on: November 03, 2010, 09:24:47 am »

I also support the Game of Life Dwarfputer.
as do I
5th'd.
*Looks around*
Meh.
6th'd

That's 6.  I can come up with a blurb, if nobody else has one to suggest.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2010, 09:43:44 am »

The thing about Bronzemurder is that it's an illustrated guide to what makes a fort great - complete and utter fucking mayhem, with a side of mass death.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2010, 04:39:19 pm »

The thing about Bronzemurder is that it's an illustrated guide to what makes a fort great - complete and utter fucking mayhem, with a side of mass death.
Which is why we don't need Oilfurnace. We already have it. I vote against Oilfurnace.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Crifmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 11, 2010, 11:56:04 am »

Sidenote: I voted for Oilfurnace because it is, as you say, a well-illustrated story of how a game goes. That, in my opinion, is something special. Oilfurnace (and Bronzemurder) are also very accessible to the uninitiated who are trying to get a sense of what DF is like.

If I had seen Oilfurnace when I was checking out DF for the first time years ago, I'd have started playing this game many years sooner.  It's brilliant.

I'll put in a vote for Oilfurnace.  May not be the best DF story (but I LOVE the ending), but it's a good one, and it's certainly impressive from an artistic standpoint.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 16, 2010, 10:33:01 am »

If I had seen Oilfurnace when I was checking out DF for the first time years ago, I'd have started playing this game many years sooner.  It's brilliant.

I'll put in a vote for Oilfurnace.  May not be the best DF story (but I LOVE the ending), but it's a good one, and it's certainly impressive from an artistic standpoint.

It seems like Oilfurnace is worth voting for, even if for the art alone.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 18, 2010, 03:56:15 am »

I vote for Oilfurnace!

Also, as it's not stated in the rules, I think we should count the votes when adding something to the Halls as following
Total votes (6 votes needed for adding) = Votes for - votes against.
So, each vote against makes the story/fortress to require one extra vote for to get added. Straight and simple, and in my opinion balanced.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #352 on: November 18, 2010, 05:51:12 am »

I say Oilfurnace should be a part of this.

It is Dwarf Fortress put in a nutshell.

languard

• Bay Watcher
  • Meep
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2010, 10:37:56 am »

Vote for Oilfurnace.  By my count that's 9 for 2 against.

I will say that unless the author writes a full-out graphics novel for the next fort, I personally won't be voting for anymore storyboards.  Bronzemurdered was very good, and Oilfurnace takes that idea and refines it.  That said, please, by all means, keep drawing these things!  I love them :)
He's now moping around, doing Armok knows what. As far as I can tell he's just going to stay there, in the party room. Forever.
Given our relationship thus far, I can genuinely say the party has just begun for me. - Captain Mayday,

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 05, 2010, 12:55:32 pm »

Theres now a Boatmurdered-like way to read the story of Nist Akath.
Link.

More of a heads-up than anything, I guess.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 05, 2010, 02:09:54 pm »

... *peers at the list*

I don't think anything is actually getting edited in...

hmm...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2010, 10:13:31 pm »

I think that I may already have voted for it, but just in case, I'll vote again for Ardentdikes. The most epic current sucession.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2010, 03:38:05 pm »

I also vote for Ardentdikes. Beasts, plague, lava wash, psychopath dwarves, and ghosts, all shown to best advantage!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2010, 03:40:36 pm »

It's reverse-Boatmurdered.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2010, 12:05:32 pm »

I also support ardentdikes
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30