Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Request?  (Read 403 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Request?
« on: September 13, 2009, 05:15:53 pm »

Before i start, i looked in the stickied topics at the top and they weren't mod requests..sooo

Lucrative little idea here, in the developement plans toady decided that in adventure mode you could be able to make houses, mine, walls, etc.... I might as well add that this mod would be a mod that would need people rather skilled in whatever code language toady uses for the game. Anyway,i was wondering if someone was interested in doing a mod that lets you do some pretty basics, or advanced things. Ie. Cut down trees, mine, make one or two kinds of workshops.. place stuff, make walls.. all that kinda stuff.

If i have posted this in the wrong thread please notify me via this thread and i will promptly lock it and move it to said thread.

OneRaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Request?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 05:30:42 pm »

This would have to be done by Toady himself. Modding this game really means creating new objects, materials, and creatures, not changing the structure of the game. Simply put, this is not possible.
Messing with hardcoded stuff is playing with fire. And we all know how dwarves react to fire.