Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: designate dump+melt area, and a forbidden/melt/dump item  (Read 548 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
designate dump+melt area, and a forbidden/melt/dump item
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »

I know, it has probably been suggested many times. But the biggest timewaster that I have in the whole game is designating stone and other detritus to dump. If I actually dumped all the stone from the 6-7X3-story cavernous entryways/riverways/magmaways that I create I think it would literally take up 1/2 of the time that I would spend playing the game (and I am an expert at doing repetetive keypresses like right then d (and maybe pgDn then d repeated adinfitium) over and over again because I have to do something similar for a sizeable portion of my job)

[ February 26, 2008: Message edited by: polpoint ]

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: designate dump+melt area, and a forbidden/melt/dump item
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:22:00 am »

Yeah it has, i've found the best way to deal with it for right now, is build a craft dwarfs workshop from the beginning and place a stone stock pile right next to it.

That will help take care of a good amount of them stones, without you having to worry about dumping them.

Also don't forget to keep bins stocked up. Its also helpful if your craftdwarf's job orders are set only to stone crafting and bone crafting. But your better off holding off on the bones since you rather get the stones out of the way  :)

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes