Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sneaky woman rights legislation bug  (Read 739 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Sneaky woman rights legislation bug
« on: September 13, 2009, 09:20:01 am »

In my recent game, when everything was nicely L+, suddenly, for no apparent reason, woman rights went all the way down to arch conservative. This has happened again and again but I can't tell when exactly because I haven't been checking the status of liberal agenda once per day.

EDIT: Happened again, albeit in reverse - in a game started in conservative hell, animals became people too for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 12:10:36 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Sneaky woman rights legislation bug
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 02:44:18 pm »

This is a known bug, though I didn't know about it working the opposite way. Good catch on the women's rights thing.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »

Women got so many rights, they effectively made men the oppressed ones.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 09:07:25 am »

Even though it is a bug it kinda makes me wonder if such things could happen in the game.

In that certain issues can be Deeply Conservative or Liberal in a society that is the opposite.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 10:53:55 am »

I haven't seen it happen in the current version, but a release or two back I had a run where Privacy, Speech, Abortion, and maybe one other issue were L-ish in a C/C+ society because my only advocacy (of which there was admittedly a lot) was at the Courthouse. Congress was C/C+, but the court was still M on the balance. It's hard to see something like that happen, though, because there are two Congressional issue-shifts per year, so the issues tend to swing towards their preference over that of the people.