Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The Ur-Quan Masters  (Read 16867 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: The Ur-Quan Masters
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2009, 03:32:05 am »

Once you find the HFS in our solar system.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kcwong it should be fine for you to read the spoiler its mainly for people who haven't played the game at all.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2009, 07:58:55 am »

Once you find the HFS in our solar system.

Kcwong it should be fine for you to read the spoiler its mainly for people who haven't played the game at all.

Spoiler: You mean... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:02:13 am by kcwong »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2009, 08:28:22 am »

Nope that wasn't the one I meant. The following tip is spoilered because it may be giving away too much I'm not sure. Put simply it should identify exactly which comment is important but it doesn't replicate the exact information provided by that comment in game. So you'll still have to hear the comment in game but if you read it you'll know it's important.

Aaanyhow without getting myself a headache from how experience ruining this might prove to be (or not to be)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2009, 08:31:46 am »

Nope that wasn't the one I meant. The following tip is spoilered because it may be giving away too much I'm not sure. Put simply it should identify exactly which comment is important but it doesn't replicate the exact information provided by that comment in game. So you'll still have to hear the comment in game but if you read it you'll know it's important.

Aaanyhow without getting myself a headache from how experience ruining this might prove to be (or not to be)

Oh yeah I noticed that. But that's before I realized I can press SPACE and review the conversation... I was trying to write down the important bits as they speak (Umagh and other races' whereabouts), and missed that one. :-*

Edit:
I have a little success at super melee training. I can kill a Marauder with Eluder now, though having two Eluders would be safer than just one. I kept moving left and right to avoid the blades, and pumping out lots of BUTT. Strangely the AI never uses FRIED to defend against the BUTTs...

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:13:02 am by kcwong »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2009, 12:34:37 pm »

Thats the point. Its a race against time. Unless you spoiler yourself, your gonna lose races.

The first time I played it, the only time I played it all the way thru, I didn't have problems keeping up with the race-saving stuff. I don't think spoilers were invented back then *g*... anyway, it's quite possible to win this game without a cheat sheet in your other hand. I pretty much did 99% of the miniquests. Although I did finish the game in the nick of time, right when you-know-what started happening.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2009, 12:41:51 pm »

@Kcwong: I don't know if its ever revealed what the Evil Ones are, but it might have been a Joke.

Also, Ships in super melee behave diferently then ships in story mode. In super melee, the spathi ship isn't that great against computers above the lowest level, but it absolutely DEVESTATES in campaign mode.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2009, 03:43:13 pm »

@kcwong: yes. you are wrong. :)
the Evil Ones are just another Umgah joke, those ETs love clams and such.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2009, 12:01:38 am »

Anyone have some cheats for this game? When i searched their forum all i found was reply's to their posts by angry, fat. fucktarded people.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2009, 12:12:30 am »

Anyone have some cheats for this game? When i searched their forum all i found was reply's to their posts by angry, fat. fucktarded people.

I think a list of rainbow worlds, and a list of mineral/bio data rich worlds is all the power you will ever need.

My current game benefits hugely from my last game's knowledge. I know exactly where to go... greatly reduce wasted time and fuel looking for places to mine and hunt.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2009, 12:21:00 am »

I think a list of rainbow worlds, and a list of mineral/bio data rich worlds is all the power you will ever need.

My current game benefits hugely from my last game's knowledge. I know exactly where to go... greatly reduce wasted time and fuel looking for places to mine and hunt.
I mean i literally cant even get past the first melee.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2009, 12:26:48 am »

I mean i literally cant even get past the first melee.

The hint is go to Pluto first... it's a tiny purple dot on the upper left of the Sol system. There's a much better ship (at this stage of the game) there waiting for you. Once you get the ship, use the Roaster menu and transfer people from your flagship to it.

This ship is fast and nimble... you can dance around the first enemy ship, keeping just out of reach and fire the secondary weapon which is a homing missile.

Also, remember to save before returning radioactive minerals to the starbase. So you can try again if the battle starts with you spawned in a disadvantaged position.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2009, 12:33:27 am »

I think he means the one with ilwrath
Hello Hunam

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2009, 12:45:14 am »

I think he means the one with ilwrath

Yes, I know. It's the first battle x2yzh9's talking about. You can go to Pluto first for a new ship before fighting it.

It's possible to kill it with flag ship too with a little practice.

Or you just charge it (if flagship is spawned in the correct direction), and fire repeatedly once it's in your range of fire. If you don't miss, you can kill it faster than it can kill you.

Manchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2009, 07:08:54 am »

or you can do what i do and run around in giant circles screaming. "AH DONT LET THE SUPER GOOD SPIDER HURT ME!!!! ITS TOO GOOD TO GAZE UPON!!!!", while blasting away at it as fast as you can....

There are two types of Christians:
Those that believe in God,

And those that suffer from retardation.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2009, 09:36:38 am »

Actually, if you don't spawn horrible in the battle, the cruiser can wipe out that ship in two quick shots. Pretty much the only fight the cruiser is worth something in story mode. A quick turn to face it, and fire off two missiles.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7