Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: multi creature civ?  (Read 1011 times)

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
multi creature civ?
« on: September 13, 2009, 02:24:23 am »

is it possible? otherwise i was simply going to just add/modify the werewolves to have a thier own race/civ but wanted something like alpha (male only creature) and beta, linked to werewolves.

already know it might be impossible to change the mayor/baron nomenclature.  so far i've properly set children, jobs, and (soon) world creation through guidelines in wiki.

yeah...werewolf version of DF sounded interesting enough for me to actively mod although it'll be slightly painful to keep realisms in sync. also...first post on this forum so um yeah...^^;

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: multi creature civ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 05:40:28 am »

The only way to make civilizations have multiple creatures of different races is to make them babysnatchers.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 01:23:29 pm »

The only way to make civilizations have multiple creatures of different races is to make them babysnatchers.

Which, note, has no bearing on playing that race in fort mode.

I think what you are looking for will be part of the caste system in the next version.  Currently it is used to divide up males and females, but supposedly other arrangements are possible.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 12:11:40 am »

Which, note, has no bearing on playing that race in fort mode.

I think what you are looking for will be part of the caste system in the next version.  Currently it is used to divide up males and females, but supposedly other arrangements are possible.

thats very nice to know, just hope i don't get too impatient waiting for the upcoming feature. also full renaming of jobs i heard was possible in coming update which would also  help this topic. everything is set, done, and clean except for a tile-set or graphics for jobs.