Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crocsplosion  (Read 3616 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Crocsplosion
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 11:30:56 pm »

I'm not sure if that keeps them from trying to kill liasons though. That was the biggest problem with the giant olms. While it was funny watching them Benny Hill around for a while, eventually I had to go and save him.

Were the giant olms blooded? IN other words had they tasted some sweet sweet dwarf flesh before being tamed?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 12:15:50 am »

I'm not sure if that keeps them from trying to kill liasons though. That was the biggest problem with the giant olms. While it was funny watching them Benny Hill around for a while, eventually I had to go and save him.

Were the giant olms blooded? IN other words had they tasted some sweet sweet dwarf flesh before being tamed?

If they were, they'd be attacking his own dwarves - as it is, they were only attacking merchants. It's a known bug with feature creatures (i.e. inhabitants of underground pools/rivers and chasms/pits) being friendly to one's own dwarves but hostile to merchants (and sometimes spontaneously changing from "Tame" to "Hostile" but still remaining friendly).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 12:26:18 am »

If they were, they'd be attacking his own dwarves - as it is, they were only attacking merchants. It's a known bug with feature creatures (i.e. inhabitants of underground pools/rivers and chasms/pits) being friendly to one's own dwarves but hostile to merchants (and sometimes spontaneously changing from "Tame" to "Hostile" but still remaining friendly).

Yeah, it was this. The worst part was I wasn't able to assign them to anything when they were hostile.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 12:36:55 am »

Yeah, it was this. The worst part was I wasn't able to assign them to anything when they were hostile.

Yea, I got this in my current game. Thankfully it was in the UG river where I could drop a slab of rock on top of it. Hopefuly it doesn't happen to the rest of my tamed Giant Olm population.

The last time I had this happen, my game bugged out, crashed and was unable to start up that save without it crashing. So I wanted to squish that bug before it became contagious or something.
Pages: 1 [2]