Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Wizard Duel Rules Discussion  (Read 13450 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel Rules Discussion
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 11:30:36 am »

Can we have a look at this "Program" you use?
It's probably really similar to his Paranormal script. Of course, the last time I've seen that particular script was on page ~15 of the Paranormal discussion topic.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2009, 11:35:44 am »

O_O
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2009, 11:37:20 am »

Yeah, the Program to determine who becomes what is pretty similar to the script I use for Paranormal. Just tweaked a bit to reflect the Wizard Duel groups (I don't have Cultists or Aliens to worry about here).

If he means the Script that runs the battles, that's another script entirely. It's all in Perl, like the other one, but if people want to see it I can post it. It's still kind of ugly, since I wrote it pretty quickly, but it works pretty well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2009, 11:41:06 am »

Do we get to see some results?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2009, 12:08:48 pm »

What do you mean by that?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2009, 02:04:43 pm »

What do you mean by that?
I think he means some of the battle.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2009, 02:07:06 pm »

Well, I've already posted some example output from the combat script and a little bit of what the flavor description of the battle will be. Not sure what more people would like to see.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2009, 02:12:58 pm »

Well, I've already posted some example output from the combat script and a little bit of what the flavor description of the battle will be. Not sure what more people would like to see.
List of who's scum, please?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2009, 02:30:18 pm »

Let's go with that!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2009, 02:33:02 pm »

Umm...no.
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2009, 03:35:04 pm »

Surely that is sarcasm I see there?  :P

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2009, 04:29:13 am »

Yes, it is!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 05:37:06 pm »

I'm thinking of two new Roles for next time (assuming people will want a next time, of course)

Archivist - Has access to all of the records of the Order. Because of this, once per duel he can look through the records to determine what Role a Wizard has as a side-action.

Alchemist - While not overly talented in combat magic, the Alchemist has access to very potent magics in the form of potions. When he starts the game he picks one of the following potions. It can either be given to another Wizard as an Assist or he can use it himself before he starts a duel.
    Elemental Affinity - Using this potion allows the Wizard to change their Affinity for the next Duel.
    Fireblood Potion - Using this potion gives the Wizard a huge boost to his offensive capabilities for the next Duel
    Liquid Diamond - Using this potion gives the Wizard a huge boost to his defensive capabilities for the next Duel
    Ironskin potion - Using this potion gives the Wizard a huge boost to his Health rating for the next Duel
    Breath of the Zephyr - Using this potion gives the Wizard a huge boost to his speed capabilities for the next Duel
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 06:06:52 pm »

I like this.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 06:08:26 pm »

I'm thinking of two new Roles for next time (assuming people will want a next time, of course)

Well, I'm liking it so far. I would like it more if I wasn't one of the first to go, but that's a different matter.

The Archivist is a good complement to the investigative roles of the Seer and Justicar.

The Alchemist, well, I don't know. I haven't played any of the Paranormal games, so I don't know how much I could go for one use items. It seems like a decent enough role, to be a super-assister for just one turn.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10