Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Journal of Sir Woge and his (kind of) lands: Snakesfreckles  (Read 26642 times)

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Journal of Sir Woge and his (kind of) lands: Snakesfreckles
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 10:39:19 am »

haha I knew you'd like my wooden cabinets!
muwahahahah

And just a little FYI Haspen: It was Egu that saved us with that puppy thing... not Tul.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am finally able to link to the dfma now that the updates are actually caught up with the map:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-6894-snakesfreckles

Let me know if u think I should add any other POIs. The '07 map is cool cuz it is literally right after the last elves left the map- so you can see all the carnage.

Check out the '?? ?' POI and the 'poor donkey' POI... hehe

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2009, 11:31:20 am »

I will remember to 'accidentally' fall on a lever hooked to a bridge you're standing on somewhere in the future :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2009, 01:29:49 pm »

Can I have Reloth Kilaneni?

Call him MasterSqueak and give him a spear and shield.

Failing that, a halberd.

Failing that, dual shortswords.

Failing that insanity, a sword.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 02:04:59 pm »

Could I claim Beksur Quihupapos? Name him Labs if you can. ;D
thats a child, ya know?

I know. Just thought I'd try it.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 02:12:18 pm »

This is the journal of Sir Woge and his (kind of) lands, Snakesfreckles. Page 10

20 Slate, 207.  We initiated a big recover effort from the last string of ambushes. The gates have all opened up and work has resumed. Sor and the other miners are working to rescue a hunter from a hole in the stone quarry. It seems that at some time during the fighting Tukstis Putiino fled to hide in the quarry but also managed to fall in a pit and mangle her arm. They are also planning a method to recover Ejas' remains from the pool of water he drowned in. Initially I figured we could pump the water out and retrieve the remains with ease but it seems that is not possible. Ina, our talented carpenter, reports she has no clue how to make one of the components necessary to build a pump... I checked with our mechanics and masons-even our bonecrafter- and they all report having no knowledge of how to create such a device... But that will not stop us from recovering Ejas' body. A grave is ready with a casket in place. The tombstone will be ready soon.

Except for Tukstis, we were able to account for everyone within our walls.

21 Slate, 207. Tukstis is safe and sound, resting in the barracks. Her arm looks pretty bad- it will likely be some time before she is fully healed. Due to the volume of work that needs to get done I hosted a partial mission meeting today. All of the new arrivals were present as well as any current residents that either had some business to report or were able to spare some time from their workload. I met our ten new arrivals and assigned them jobs. It seems snakesfreckles is no longer just a refuge for travelers in need- this group came with the intent to settle here from various towns and cities. I pressed six of the new arrivals into a new guard squad. The peasant Reloth Kilaneni, after hearing the need for more armed guards, offered to take up a spear in defense of Snakesfreckles. The heroism of Mete and Switchblades on the field of battle seemed to have inspired him. I imagine he desires to take Ejas' role of third champion. I officially granted him reprieve from service as a peasant and entered him into  the fighting class under the new name "MasterSqueak" upon his request. With those seven new guards, that puts our armed forces to 9 melee units and 5 archers- totaling 14 guards.

Of interesting note was the arrival of Servu's son, aptly named Servu Jr. It seems he had heard of his father's death and came to investigate. The exact circumstances apparently were never made completely clear to him. I find myself concerned over this situation... Given any honorable desire for satisfaction on Servu jr's part he would surely be struck down with ease. But I am not completely sure of what sort of man Servu jr is. He may be the type to attempt some nefarious means of revenge; alternatively he might be understanding and just seek closure. I do not know. His father seemed a fine gentleman- a soldierly type- we can only hope he raised a reasonable son.

To an amused crowd, Lomam's son Beksur made an announcement. He indicated he will take the nickname Labs and asked all to respect his request and address him as such from today on. His sister Ana stood by proudly- it seems she may have helped him build the courage to make the announcement in public. Perhaps Labs will become a speaker in his older years.

Below are my notes on the new arrivals prior to new job assignments.

Spoiler: Therset Istrapumik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mobmu Struslotenem (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Usmik Moniradir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bese Mimapukor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Servu Jr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sive Ngilshoinu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Udal Aslafanu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Setoc Jasroistro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rabin Stoltaddema (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dari Galirtolis (click to show/hide)

3 Felsite, 207. Haspen and Ina have been working around to clock to get their existing projects completed. I asked them to do what they could to promptly finish the work so that we could start new projects with defense in mind. Just today Ina announced my own office and apartment was completed in the administrative district. It is bare except for the most basic essentials as of now, but I plan to furnish it properly in the days to come. I will move out of my old apartment later tonight to free it up for a new resident- one of the many that are still living out of the main hall.
Spoiler: Sir Woge's new office (click to show/hide)

8 Felsite, 207. Thomo, Irka, and Sor have been furiously laboring to dig out a new reservoir next to the pool that Ejas' remains lay in. Once they have a sufficiently large area cleared they will open a channel to drain the pool into the new space. It will hopefully lower the water level enough to safely grant access to what is left of Ejas. His body has been submerged in that murky water for well over a month now. I will be sure to assign only the most steady in stomach workers to retrieve his body- it will surely be a grizzly sight. The frequent rains are making work hard- footing by the new reservoir is poor at best. I am in constant fear that I'll hear word someone has slipped and suffocated in the mud. Even when the reservoir is done, we will need to wait for the rain to subside before opening a channel- the last thing we need is for the pool to fill while we are acting to drain it.

Mete reports that so far no new recruits have been seriously wounded in training... that is good news. But even better news was presented to me by Haspen today: The temple construction is complete. But before unveiling it I hope to get the reflection pool filled with water. I have designated the pool to be filled and asked Ina to make up some extra buckets to help expedite the process. I believe Haspen still has some work on his river tower's top fortifications so I have refrained from giving him his newest (and hopefully pleasing) assignment.

14 Felsite, 207. I visited Cobar. His arm is looking a little better but still has a long way to go. I tried to motivate him, telling him he did a great job in battle and that he should be proud. His wound was a testament to his devotion to protecting the innocent and the weak and surely Egu would bless his recovery and make it hasty and clean.
To take a wound defending a sanctuary to the god of healing must be meaningful- I am surprised Egu herself has not come to kiss him on the cheek and send him on his merry way. Sor healed up in record time, as did Lomam when they each took injuries... Perhaps Egu is not fond of Donu, Cobar's favored deity. I will have a word with Galali on the matter.

15 Felsite, 207. Having an actual office is proving to be both productive and hindering. I now have a place to peacefully get work done- allowing me to complete more administrative tasks in the day. But at the same time people now know where to find me most hours of the day- which results in my having to put up with more ridiculous situations. Just this morning Setoc came to me to ask exactly which fish he should process and clean and in what priority! I was unsure whether I should laugh at the joke or throw him out for wasting my time... In the end it seems he was serious- I held back and told him to use his best judgment before sending him on his way. It seems that every hour a new question way below my level of concern reaches my desk- or a new quarrel between two residents is brought to my attention for a solution! I tried passing many of these things off on Sor but then I remembered he is busy working out by Ejas' lake. It’s no wonder why Sor seemed to spend less and less time in his office as the days went by.
Another disadvantage of being cooped in my office all day is that I am missing much of the construction action outside. It was not until Ina came to me to ask for permission to begin roofing the food warehouse that I even knew we had a food warehouse being built! It seems Ina pulled out some old build plans from Sor's desk at a time when both Sor and I were too busy not around to give her new instructions. Oh, not to mention we now have a wall enclosing our stone and wood stockpiles! With the level of micromanagement I am being forced to provide on exactly what fucking fish to fry first or who gets to keep a lost and found item mixed in with the self automation of the construction of an Egu-damned wall I have no clue whether to laugh or cry at the progress of Snakefreckles. It seems I may need to hire an assistant the way things are going...

25 Felsite, 207. They got to Ejas' remains today. They were quickly located and moved to the ready gravesite. Jervous stepped up and took on the ghastly deed of moving the rotted, decomposed bones. Lomam held his children close, much to Lab's disappointment, preventing them from seeing the rotted remains being carried through the mission. I am disgusted and shamed that so much time passed between his death and his burial. Mete, who knew Ejas much better than I, was visibly shaken by the sight. Switchblades was not around at all- perhaps she intentionally avoided it. Galali's squad, less familiar with Ejas on a personal level, stood in tight formation as Jervous passed by. They showed all the respect for a fellow fallen soldier. For originally being a lowly milker, Galali has proven to be quite the soldier and squad leader.

Later on Jervous described the difficult task of retrieving all the remains in the waste deep water... When the channel opened between the pool and the empty reservoir the flow tossed and turned the -at that time- somewhat still intact remains all about. Jervous was forced to wade around collecting various meaty pieces of bone- at times pulling foul fish and creatures away from their feast...
I do not envy that man's task... but I do envy his fortitude in handling it.
Spoiler: The Pool Before (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lake After (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Lake Surface After (click to show/hide)

26 Felsite, 207. We held a ceremony for Ejas today. I hosted it in the finished temple to Egu. The timing of Haspen's announcement that the temple's pool was filled coincided perfectly with Ejas' burial. The temple was packed full with people, many forced to watch and strain to listen from outside. Labs climbed up on to a statue in the back corner to see- which his sister and Mong's kids emulated immediately in kind. While I was not entirely pleased to see them crawling atop statues devoted to Egu- I let it slide. They can hardly be blamed for being small and young and should not be denied the chance to share the memory of Ejas with the rest of us.
Spoiler: The Temple Floor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Temple Interior (click to show/hide)

1 Hematite, 207. The spring rains will hopefully let up now that summer has arrived. With the constant traversing of muddied shoes across the mission everything is quite dirty. I find myself cleaning my office floor as many as three times a day to rid it of the mud and slop that gets carried in with every new visitor. Mete fell in the mud yesterday and I got a bruised shoulder. The events were interconnected only by my laughter. She was kind enough to refrain from delivering the same blow to the few others that giggled at the sight of a muddied Mete.

With the lands (hopefully) drying out a bit in the next few months I have ordered the collection of some of the elf loot to the west. Sor says Casot is scheduled sometime soon and the loot may have value during the trade negotiations.

2 Hematite, 207. With the temple all done, the river tower finished and the administrative district's south east tower built I have put Haspen on a new project. During our shut-in from the second string of elf ambushes I started writing up some build plans for our southern expansion. Even with the administrative district we are still confined to a space too small to hold all our residents comfortably (with all of us confined to the walls this became painfully obvious). I want to open up a large new space below the cliffs behind the main hall and south of the housing district for expansion. The area is already deforested and is afforded a strong defensive position by a down slope to the south. In the near future I will have Ina initiate construction of some temporary walls to cover the east and west sides of the space and have Thomo and Irka form the southern slopes into defensive cliffs. But for now I've put Haspon in charge of a stone gatehouse to face the southern cliffs and command the southern approach. Haspen's plans act as the foundation for my design- but with a few minor changes. Due to the positioning of the gatehouse I am using the natural hill as the 'moat'. Thomo and Irka will channel out a space between a jutting hill 'peninsula' and the main hill. The channel will be traversed via a drawbridge with towers to the sides as per Haspen's original plan. The free standing former peninsula will act as an exposed and revealing approach- creating a huge vulnerability for any poor soul to get trapped on it with Galali's archers shooting at them from above.

Haspen and his masons are building the bridge and the tower foundations already.
Spoiler: South Gate Plan (click to show/hide)

8 Hematite, 207.  The southern expansion's east and west walls are under construction now and the gatehouse construction is progressing slowly. Thrathdad reports they are having difficulty transporting the stone in a timely manner. Currently, peasants are bringing stone from the quarry to the stockpile in the mission- but Haspen's crew are still forced to travel a considerable distance from the construction site to the stockpile then back again to get the ready stone. It is proving to be an annoying slowdown.
I went to the gatehouse to have a talk with Haspen about the problem- to see if he thought it might be beneficial to start having peasants bring stone to a temporary stockpile at the construction site but he was nowhere to be found... Eventually I heard from a peasant that Haspen was probably out at the quarry again, drawing... At first I grew angry and decided to go to travel to the quarry myself to find Haspen- but on the way I I cooled down a bit and actually took joy in the peaceful walk away from the hustle and bustle. I passed Lake Ejas (that’s what I have come to call it...) and took a moment to peer into the murky water. The rains have replenished much of the water level but it was still possible to see some of Ejas' old equipment lying below the surface. That experience muted nearly all of my previous anger and replaced it with a mellow, introspective calm.
When I found Haspen, who was laboring busily with some engraving tools, I ordered him to get back to work at his gatehouse and told him a lead mason does not leave his charge to go make petty drawings. When he was about to protest (or at least that’s what I think he was about to say) I waved my hand and sent him on his way. Only after he was gone did I take a moment to see what he was doing in more detail. To my surprise, some of his work was quite good. Among some of what I'd describe as not so meaningful art like images of chestnuts or strawberries Haspen had produced an exceptionally designed image of a black bear- the symbol of The Severe Union, our civilization. In another spot he engraved a superiorly designed image of a bin, the symbol of our very own local government, The Holy League (as designated in the King's charter... I would not have chosen a bin had it been my choice... but I digress). Admittedly I was impressed by his work. It was scattered all about the floor and even a few walls of the stone quarry. I've decided that, once more pressing work on stone fortifications are complete, I may approach Haspen and actually promote his free-time work; possibly to have him produce records of our mission and deeds in more prominent places. His work may one day adorn our stone...

10 Hematite, 207. Theni came to the mission from the river tower today to report that they spotted the Uthagil caravan to the north. Galali sent him while the rest of the squad remained prepared for foul play in the river tower- there is no knowing what these elves will try and pull off next, HFS, I wouldn't be surprised if Casot really was an elf in disguise! The caravan's arrival timing is rather poor. Sor has been helping Thomo and Irka with creating impassible cliffs along the southern expansion and word just got out that the gabbro supply is dwindling. If Sor is stuck dealing with Casot that will leave Thomo and Irka alone to finish with the cliffs and initiate a new mining effort in the quarry (right on top of many of Haspen's drawings...). That’s just what will have to happen then- because I sure as HFS don't want to deal with Casot.

11 hematite, 207. Although there is still much more elf loot in the area I permitted collection from, not to mention a massive amount still out there that I never even designated for collection, I've told the peasants to stop bringing it to our supplies. They will need to be ready to move goods to the depot once the merchants arrive.
I noticed Servu jr earlier today while going to get a bite to eat. It seems he has not taken much action yet with regards to his father's death. I am honestly not sure whether he even knows all the details of what happened yet... but I doubt that remained hidden from him for long- it’s not like people won't talk about it. It was a tragic accident and most people seem to treat it like that and are as such open to discussing it. Perhaps I will go to have a talk with him myself one day. I am not sure what any of his intentions are- regarding his father's death or his purpose at Snakesfreckles. It’s something I'd like to find out, though. Recently he has just been helping the peasants haul most of the time. His old life of a soap maker has not taken him far here- and I did not give him any new assignments yet, figuring I would let him choose his own path as respect for his loss... well, that and he seems quick to anger and I fear sparking his temper should I try and confront him, what with his probably knowing that his father's death was at the hands of my lover.

12 Hematite, 207. Sor has been busy dealing with Casot and going over the wares he brought with him, leaving me to handle the coordination of moving our trades goods (following the list Sor kindly provided me beforehand) to the depot. In addition to that extra task I am also handling all my normal duties as the knight in charge as well as all the crap that Sor was putting up with. I don't know how Sor has not snapped yet- I've discovered that Sive has been delivering Sor exact reports of every. single. item. moved. by his hand each day! When I told Sive that it really was not very important to know he went on to assure me that the details were what made his work the best of the peasants and that this was how his family has been handling hauling for many generations- with perfect records. Next I tried convincing him that the numbers were too advanced for my skills and Sor would really be better with them and that I was not qualified to take his reports... naturally that didn't work either. I sat through seven solid minutes of listening to him ramble off an account of where every item he moved came from and where every item he moved went. I do not know where he gets the will to keep such records. Madness!
Spoiler: Sive in a nutshell (click to show/hide)

18 Hematite, 207. Thank Egu! Sor is back to his normal duties! His business with Casot is concluded and I no longer need to handle so much of the administrative work by myself! Sor seemed exhausted after his daily string of meetings and negotiations ended and went straight to bed. I hope to get a more detailed report of how the trading went tomorrow, but from what I have heard a lot of goods traded hands.

21 Hematite, 207. The kobolds seem to be back. I stumbled into one in the administrative district while heading to my office from the main hall. The thing admittedly gave me quite the fright! I was doing my best to keep my head down so no one would notice me and try to talk to me- resulting in my literally bumping into the kobold. I was ready to apologize to whoever I hit, Labs or one of the other children, but to my surprise the little thing wasn't a child at all! The kobold quickly ran for the gate and made a quick escape. The disruption made me forget what work I was on my way to my office to complete so I ended up going down to the gatehouse to see how the construction was progressing. The first level is mostly completed. They will start on the second level within a matter of days.

25 Hematite, 207. A baby snatcher made the mistake of passing by Mete and Switchblades today. They have been on guard in the housing district since the last elven ambushes. The baby snatcher only made it a matter of feet before dying- most of which were a result of a mighty blow from one of the swordswomen.

4 Malachite, 207. The temporary walls covering the east and west of the southern expansion are all complete. Since the flooring of the gatehouse towers will be completely made of stone (a departure from our normal procedure), that freed up Ina's crew for a new project. I put her in charge of a sky bridge between the north east gate and the river tower. The primary purpose will be to allow passage between the mission and the river tower but will also serve as a shooting platform to cover a new firing arc in front of the mission.

5 Malachite, 207. I announced an executive mandate today: all children work. They must learn a hard day's work. Right now they spend all their time fooling around getting in the way or partying, which in turn distracts the working adults as well. Our productivity is being hindered by children more than anything else. No more. Labs, Ana, and Thon will work whether they like it or not.

[con't]

Return to table of contents
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:51:22 pm by Goron »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 02:59:18 pm »

Ahh well, It's probably best they get some skills before they grow up.  :P

Oh and I think I have a solution to the corkscrew problem; you need to go to the civs file in the raws and add the [trAP_COMPONENT] tags from the dwarves to the human entity.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 03:49:46 pm »

Oh and I think I have a solution to the corkscrew problem; you need to go to the civs file in the raws and add the [trAP_COMPONENT] tags from the dwarves to the human entity.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42374.0

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2009, 06:17:25 am »

23th Slate, year 3.
What a suprise. I met late Servu's son. I never knew he had a son. Strange - maybe he's an elf in disguise?

13th Felsite, year 3.
I spoke with my nemesis, Ina. Learned that she devote herself for making a large house for Sir Woge. What that man have that so many chicks are attracted to him?

26th Felsite, year 3.
At last! The temple is done! I spend so much time on it, I'm sure I couldn't make it without Fire of Tul fueling my determination. I shall spend this night on prayers before a small bonfire.

27th Felsite, year 3.
Well, I couldn't make a bonfire without anyone noticing, so I prayed before a flaming stick. Fire is fire, every kind is blessed by Tul!

2nd Hematite, year 3.
Work, work, work. My plans has been changed a little and applied to south gate.

8th Hematite, year 3.
Sir Woge interrupted me while I was drawing. I went out of quarry and waited for a him a bit, but he didn't came. I'm pretty sure he was looking on my pictures.

24th Hematite, year 3.
Now me and my crew are working on the walls. I'm quite pleased that I don't suffer unemployment, like in my home city before. Oh yes, we don't have any coins yet.

3th Malachite, year 3.
I must admit that sun is quite irritating at summers in this region of the world. I shall move my quaters to the quarry in future.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2009, 08:19:14 am »

A quick to anger soaper? Awesome. I hope he gets unhappy and starts a massive tantrum spiral. ;D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2009, 08:21:22 am »

A quick to anger soaper? Awesome. I hope he gets unhappy and starts a massive tantrum spiral. ;D

'Servu Jr throws soap at Sir Woge!'
'Sir Woge is hit in the leg by spinning soap!'
'Sir Woge is throwing a tantrum!'
*later*
'Your settlement has crumbled to it's end.'

;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 08:24:16 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2009, 11:29:48 am »

This is the journal of Sir Woge and his (kind of) lands, Snakesfreckles. Page 11

10 Malachite, 207. A new visitor to Snakesfreckles may easily mistake our mission for a military camp- possibly even a fortress. With all of the new defense oriented projects underway the general look and feel is one of combat readiness. But it is important to indicate that we are not a military station. The King's charter was very clear with where my authority stands with regards to military alignment- I've got none. The charter released Sor and me from military duty which effectively stripped any military command rights from me. That's not to say my military command will not or cannot be reinstated in the future, though.  Our armed guard is exactly that: a guard force. Should Casot overhear me referring to them as an army unit or perhaps members of the military I am sure he would make all haste to the King to report that I am hosting a rebellious military uprising or some other ridiculous statement!  The only person here that I can refer to as a lawful member of the King's forces would be Mete. She is still technically enrolled in the Baron's forces- I suppose just on loan to me. But as she made clear to me when we first met: I'm not her squad leader. Things were very different back them.
On the topic of Mete: She and Switchblades chased down and killed a babysnatcher this morning. With the growing number of youngsters in the mission it is good to see these filthy creatures falling to the sword.
Spoiler: Goodbye Snatcher (click to show/hide)

18 Malachite, 207. An exciting rumor is circulating throughout the mission. It seems the peasant Pestrat has become unresponsive and taken command of the craftworkshop. When news reached my desk I immediately went to see for myself. Reports of her demeanor and actions are mimicking those of Lalgi during her possession. When I arrived at the workshop she was nowhere to be found. Lomam, who had been displaced from the workshop, said Pestrat has been collecting various materials. This is the second time Lomam has been kicked out of his own workshop. I asked to be informed of any updates concerning Pestrat's situation. If this should be another message from Egu I'd like to be well informed.

19 Malachite, 207. I have checked my records for more information on Pestrat Egadeso. She came to the mission between 7 and 11 Felsite, 206. If my memory serves right- that whole migrant wave came from the same village. Also in the group were some other people of note: Thrathdad, MasterSqueak, the late champion Ejas, and Zilar- all being led, at the time, by Istrul. I have sent work out that I'd like to speak with each of them to discuss Pestrat's history and background. Of note is Zilar. In mid-Malachite of 206 Zilar took control of the same craftworkshop in question and crafted a flute, if I remember correctly. At the time I passed it off as a psychotic episode, but Galali suggested it may have religious undertones, possibly a possession. I am anxious to hear from Zilar again and I am also seeking that flute out to take another look at it. Maybe there is something I missed.

20 Malachite, 207. I've spoken with Thrathdad and MasterSqueak.  MasterSqueak was sparring in the barracks and Thrathdad was working at the gatehouse. Thrathdad was not very forthcoming about Pestrat's background. I believe she is still unhappy about losing her mason leadership position. Mastersqueak unfortunately had little information to provide either. His life as a peasant in his hometown did not intersect with Pestrat's peasant work. Zilar was surprisingly not at his farm plot and I did not have time to make it out to the river tower where Istrul was likely practicing with Galali's squad. I did get a chance to dig up Zilar's flute though. I am still unsure of its significance, if any.
Spoiler: Zilar's Flute (click to show/hide)

21 Malachite, 207. I spoke with Zilar today. He was not excited to speak about his experience. Like Lalgi, Zilar reports no knowledge of what he was doing or what he was making during his episode. He was fine doing work one moment, then the next thing he knew it was days later and he was holding a flute. But Zilar's reluctance to talk about the event gave away his new secret. Apparently he has been suffering increasingly horrible nightmares during the last few weeks. Most involve the flute in some form or another. I was able to find Lalgi to ask if she was suffering any similar affliction but she denied it. I was unable to tell if she was being truthful or not. Lomam reports Pestrat is still traveling about the mission, collecting materials.

22 Malachite, 207. Haspen seems to have set up a small room in the stone quarry. I suspect he did it so that he may continue his engraving undisturbed and without persecution. I fear any time I challenge him on being in the quarry to draw he will just claim he is on his way to or from his new apartment. This presents an awkward situation for me. Haspen is the current and original lead mason- after Thrathdad's dangerous mistake with the river tower bridge controls I cannot trust him to lead the masons at all and I fear the other masons are too inexperienced for any sort of command position. I would also be embarrassing myself to displace Haspen as lead mason- people may think I am unable to select a capable person. For now I will let Haspen's actions slide. Perhaps if I get an apartment built for him in the administrative district he will move back.

Istrul and I chatted about Pestrat today. I learned that Pestrat was a casual worshipper of Thram when she arrived at Snakesfreckles. Istrul is not aware of any changes that may have happened to her after their arrival.
Spoiler: Haspen's new room (click to show/hide)

24 Malachite, 207. The trade depot is currently blocking off a vital support location for the sky bridge. Ina has come to me with plans to relocate the depot just a few meters to the north. I trust her judgment and OK'd the plans without much worry.

26 Malachite, 207. Lomam burst into my office with new news about Pestrat. She wants demands cut gems. I immediately dropped what I was doing to go see for myself.
It seems Pestrat has started babbling about cut gems. She just stands there, in the craftworkshop, demanding cut gems in a nearly incoherent manner. This is this first time she has spoken since she kicked Lomam out of his workshop. No one has succeeded in talking any sense into her and no one can get her to say or do anything else. I have sent the peasants looking for cut gems- or any gems for that matter.

28 Malachite, 207. Sor says his records show no gems in our supplies. The peasants have failed to find any that may have slipped past his ledgers. I've asked Sor to go help with the miners in the quarry. No one in the mission seems to have any experience with mining beyond that learned here. We don't really know where to look for gems in the earth- so we can only hope that a renewed mining effort will unearth some...

7 Galena, 207. All mission guards are training with their weapons of choice now. They are using a mix of swords, spears, and bows. Mete reports they are all armed and armored and ready for combat. While I hope we never need to muster our guards again, I feel better knowing they are around. Who knows if or when the elves will come back?

10 Galena, 207. In an attempt to further organize our guard force, Mete has reorganized the melee guards into three squads. Mete, Switchblades, and MasterSqueak each have charge of a three man squad. The nine melee forces supplement Galali's one archery squad. I will need to have a word with Galali to see if he thinks his squad needs to be reorganized as well.

14 Galena, 207. The gatehouse's second level is nearly complete. The plans call for a third level but the completion of the second level signifies that the structure is combat ready. To my surprise Thrathdad brought me the report. She also said Haspen has been at the work site less and less as the days go by. I will need to look into this.
Spoiler: The Gatehouse (click to show/hide)

15 Galena, 207. I went looking for Haspen at the quarry this morning. I really do not like making that long journey by myself but I wanted to have a word with Haspen personally. He was not there.
Disappointed, I took a look at some of the newer engravings on the walls and floors. I found one I am actually quite fond of: It is a well designed image of Mete and an elf. The elf is whining about getting stabbed and Mete is looking on with a menacing stance. My desire to reprimand Haspen subsided and I returned to the mission.

17 Galena, 207. Pestrat is still without cut gems. We just do not know where to look or how to find them on our own. The dwarves would surely have no problem locating some- but they are of little help to us now. Casot indicated that the dwarves may be adding Snakesfreckles to their caravan route in the near future, now that we have grown beyond that of a small settlement. I will be sure to have Sor trade for gems from them when they come- if they come. I've been hearing rumors crisscross the mission about Pestrat's situation. Some people are worried that if this is a possession by Egu, or any deity for that matter, we will suffer or possibly be punished for not fulfilling Pestrat's demands. On the other hand we have many naysayers claiming these possessions are just hoaxes or the result of some other psychotic episode. I am really not entirely sure- but given the evidence so far I am more inclined to see them as some sort sign from higher powers. I've asked Sor to redouble his efforts in the mines. We must get some gems.

20 Galena, 207.  I will begin helping with deforestation again. I cannot stand the administrative work being pushed onto me. I have been stuck tending to my overwhelming duties as well as Sor's ever since he started work in the quarry again. Nearly a month of it has pushed me too close to the edge of insanity for my likes. I should have learned my lesson when I faced Sor's responsibilities while he was busy tending to the Uthagilian caravan. Hopefully Sive and his daily reports cannot find me in the forest- I fear how I may respond while carrying an axe.

1 Limestone, 207. The cool air of autumn is a welcome feel. Cutting trees down all day is hard work and really builds up a sweat. The drop in temperature will hopefully combat the heat of manual labor. For once the other woodcutters are beginning to keep pace with me- almost. We are staying well ahead of the demand for wood, but I suspect that is mostly due to the fact that the peasants are far behind in hauling the wood to the mission. That means Ina needs to send her crew out to recover the wood on their own to build with it- the travel time is slowing their progress considerably. That's all speculation though- spending all my time in the forest cutting down trees has been an excellent method to avoid all the administrative meetings and pointless updates.
I do not feel guilty avoiding my office. Progress seems to continue without my intervention. I passed through the housing district while on my way from my apartment to a virgin section of woods and was quite surprised to see a second level on one of the housing blocks. Peasants were hauling beds while others were installing doors as I walked past. The skybridge is also connected and it seems Ina is having it fortified- all without my need to give the order. Someone started work on another stone tower on the west wall of the southern expansion. At this point I cannot even guess if it was Haspen or Thrathdad- HFS, for all I know it was one of the other masons; trying to take charge of the mason corps via initiative. All these positive events without my having to sit in an office all day listening to reports. Perhaps I will retire as a wood cutter...

4 Limestone, 207. Barbarossa caught me while I was traveling to my bed last night. I was really quite tired from a long days work and had no patience for - well- anything. He started about wanting more armor smith work- something about not being satisfied with his previous output and wanting to make more chainmail and improve his skills. In my pre-bed bad mood I silenced him with a raised hand, pointed to the gatehouse (which I noticed was in the process of having the third level fortifications constructed), and said "help."  While I admittedly regret the encounter now, I am sure a little masonry work will not hurt him.

6 Limestone, 207. Lalgi gave birth today. A baby boy named Obler Ewomuse. I did not know she was pregnant- in fact, I do not think anyone knew. Well, it’s good timing for Lalgi. I doubt she is getting much work as a leatherworker right now- I am not even sure if we have any active hunters to bring in hides to be tanned then worked with in the first place. I can't ask Sor to find out and I sure as HFS am not sitting at my desk long enough to look into it... I find myself sneaking into and out of my apartment under the cover of darkness to avoid getting pestered. I caught Sive waiting in my bedroom one night to give his daily report! I thought he was an elf assassin for an instant. Honestly, I'd almost rather take my chances with a lone elf than have to put up with another report from Sive. ...I wonder if he would make a good guard...

8 Limestone, 207. Pestrat went absolutely stark raving mad! One minute she was standing in the craftworkshop babbling about cut gems, the next she was diving into the sinkhole! Lomam, who was still acting as Pestrat's... watcher?... immediately shouted for help and scrambled to pull the woman out of the water. It seems Pestrat sunk like a rock and made no attempt to be help in her own rescue. The peasant Doto found me in the woods and gave me the news. Naturally I was inbound to the mission at full speed as soon as I heard. When I arrived on scene someone had already ordered the sinkhole water supply floodgates closed and the drainage floodgate opened. Unfortunately before anyone made it to the appropriate levers Pestrat succumbed to the prolonged submersion. I quickly canceled the order to open the drainage floodgate despite protests from many bystanders. I explained that opening the drainage floodgate would effectively flood our entire southern expansion. The drain tunnel was put in place long before any of our new districts and it was also untested. Now that the immediate need for haste and urgency was invalid, we should be more careful with the process.
Spoiler: Stark Raving Mad (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RIP Pestrat Egadeso (click to show/hide)

9 Limestone, 207.  We've called the miners back to the mission to begin work on a new drainage tunnel that will divert the water past the southern expansion. Sor believes it will be most effective to empty the water directly beneath the gatehouse drawbridge.

20 Limestone, 207. The new sinkhole drainage tunnel  is nearly complete. We also have a fresh grave and tombstone ready for when we recover the remains. There is a lot of speculation going on about the whole incident. Several residents are clamoring about how Pestrat's death is absolute proof of divine intervention- many of those who were previously skeptical about the possessions are beginning to change their minds. It is rather obvious that Pestrat was not just trying to get out of peasant work- an excuse some of the other peasants used to justify Pestrat's possession. Lalgi and Zilar are both scared out of their minds about their own previous possessions now.

MasterSqueak has also stepped forward and claimed experiencing a possession of his own in Slate during the elf ambushes. He says the ear ring he presented to me was the product of the episode. I do recall his giving me the earring but I am suspicious why he did not relate the possession until now. He claims he was scared, embarrassed, and confused. When I tried to question him further he reiterated a similar story to Lalgi's and Zilar's. One moment he was fine, the next it was days later and he was holding his creation. He claims no nightmares. Mete trusts him- so I have decided to believe him. I hunted down and found the earring he made to take another look at it but could not find any clues as to what these possessions mean.

26 Limestone, 207. Our project to recover Pestrat's body is not going as planned. The new drainage route successfully and effectively bypasses the southern expansion, dumping the water out beneath the gatehouse drawbridge, but one of the floodgates under the river tower is not operating properly. At some point an extra bit of space was channeled out by one of the gates- as such a flow of water is still making its way into the sinkhole. So now we can only hope that Pestrat's remains are carried by the flow beyond the drainage floodgate where we will be able to safely recover it.

I do not know why the land was channeled. I'd like to blame Thrathdad but I am fairly certain Sor was the one that actually did the digging work... I will let this problem quietly slide.

28 Limestone, 207. Failure! Pestrat's body, being pulled by the flow of water as planned, sunk into a deeper section of the sinkhole, not as planned. I stopped the operation and had the drain closed. There is no reason to flood the southern plains in a hopeless effort to recover the corpse. At this point the only way to get to the body would be to empty the entire sinkhole- which is not possible given the leak in our floodgates at the river tower. Damn! Many are unhappy with my decision to give up on the recovery effort- but we must remain realistic. I cannot let Snakesfreckles shut down over the impossible.

4 Sandstone, 207. There was an accident in the quarry today. A section of the floor collapsed and Sor fell in with it. He is wounded, but alive.
Spoiler: Sor took a fall (click to show/hide)

5 Sandstone, 207. While investigating how Sor's injury came about Thomo indicated they were starting to mine below the surface in addition to surface mining. Sor must have dug into an already dug out area from above. He actually fell several levels through another level of stone before coming to rest. I was furious at their negligence- but I held my tongue. It was apparently Sor that initiated the below surface mining.

11 Sandstone, 207. Thomo claims the surface accessible gabbro is getting harder and harder to dig out and that huge clusters of other stone are impeding access. I refused his request to start digging underneath the other clusters in an attempt to bypass them and access more gabbro. Instead I have instructed them to begin a new surface mining operation to the east of the current quarry. There is a presence of claystone visible. We will begin using claystone in our masonry in addition to gabbro.

16 Sandstone, 207. I've authorized the slaughter of two cow calves and two horse foals. Their meat will supplement our meals and their bones will provide more ammunition for Galali's squad. Lomam was wise enough to keep track of the bone supply himself during Sor's absence at the quarry (and now in recovery). When he noticed the supply dwindling he came to me. I tried to look through Sor's ledgers to find numbers relating to the bone supply but did not get far. Not only are his numbers out of date but his methods are beyond my abilities. I randomly picked four animals to be slaughtered... hopefully Sor will approve.

17 Sandstone, 207. There are nine humans inbound to the mission; migrants from the look of them. I hope they do not mind sleeping on the floor in the main hall- we are stretched for beds as is.

[con't]

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2009, 01:40:10 pm »

I was possessed?  ???
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2009, 02:16:58 pm »

I was possessed?  ???
Journal page 9, the 15 Slate, 207 entry.
The possession was amidst a string of elf ambushes and went unnoticed by Sir Woge.

EDIT:and fyi, you are spear and shield, like requested:-) I had some custom made just for you!
Not to mention you are a squad leader too. From peasant to squad leader- MasterSqueak is quite the character.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 02:18:31 pm by Goron »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »

19th Malachite, year 3.
Someone was possessed. Not my problem, though. I'm busy moving to my underground room. I wonder how Woge haven't noticed that.

27th Malachite, year 3.
Oh joy! Tul, my godness, my greatest lady, spoke to me this night!
I was dreaming I'm alone, before a huge bonfire. She said to me, that Pestrat is a lost cause. They won't get him materials. I was afraid and immediately thought of telling that to Woge, but She forbade me to do so. She said 'I heard your prayers. I ask you now, human, to do a small favor for me.
*there are two lines of unelligible scribbling, a poorly drawn picture of underground hall and a pool of something in the middle.*
I promised I will do that! She spoke one last time before she left my dream. "Do not be hasty. Have patience and plan cautiously. I have no enemy in Egu, but his cult is strong in Sir Woge's outpost. He might misunderstand your work." Then she left and I awoke immediatelly covered in sweat.

6th Galena.
I will need a miner. A miner, who won't report to Sir Woge the moment I will speak of great plans of Mistress Tul. That will be tough. I barely spend time in main hall. In fact, I barely spend time aboveground - Woge will surely notice that and will begin to ask.

15th Galena.
Close encounter with Woge today. I was sniffing around in the quarry, while he showed there. Damn, I was like five meters from him, but he then went off to look on my engravings. Good, good. I don't want him as enemy.

25th Galena.
I don't sleep too well. I draw pictures of the sanctuary, and erase them at instant. I want to make it, but what if Tul won't be satisfied?

8th Limestone.
It has been done. Pestrat snapped. I'm full of guilt now. I should have told them. That will haunt me until my death I think. I will hurriedly make a tombstone and coffin for that peasant.

1st Sandstone.
They gave up on recovering Pestrat body. Heh. Sir Woge got beaten by nature? Elven thing? That certainly means doom.

4th Sandstone.
Damn that Sor! I almost got heart attack due to that cave-in he made! And I thought that elves made some catapults or other shit.

12th Sandstone.
I must write about my nightmare here.
I was working in the quarry. Then I heard HER voice. Or rather, her angry shouts in language unknown to me. And I saw FIRES. They slowly crawled toward me. I couldn't move! They crawled on floor, they went on my legs and hands! Oh the pain!
Then I woke up, skin unhealthy red, sweat dropping of my face. That was a warning from Mistress Tul.
I went to work, but luckily no one seen my 'change' of skin. It was normal after an hour. Good. No confessing to Woge - yet.

17th Sandstone.
Migrants. Fresh people. Good, they aren't loyal to Sir Woge yet. I must find a miner. MUST!

18th Sandstone.
Oh gods, nigthmare of flames again!
*added later*
I was at Sir Woge's office today. I fell to my knees and said everything about my dreams, my nightmares, my thoughts! And about Shrine of Tul, which she requested. He was quite shocked, and I thought that he thought I'm paranoic! But then we had a small talk...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:04:47 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 08:06:49 am »

This is the journal of Sir Woge and his (kind of) lands, Snakesfreckles. Page 12

18 Sandstone, 207. Haspen revealed a shocking secret. At first I thought he had gone quite mad, but after he calmed down a little and took a moment to hold a steady discussion with me I have come to realize he is -probably- sane. He is being tortured by dreams and visions, sometimes even voices in his head. They sound similar to the nightmares Zilar claims to be experiencing- disturbingly similar.
I was not sure what Haspen's intentions were when he first came to me in my office. At first I thought he had some horrible confession to make about a building failure, for he entered my office with a feverish look and a heavy sweat on his brow. But when he fell to his knees and started going on about nightmares and fire and shrines I was taken very much by surprise. It was quite a while before his rambling took hold in my mind and it was not until he finally calmed down enough to hold a conversation that I was able to truly make sense of his problem. It seems Tul has interest in Snakesfreckles.
Before seeing him off, I promised Haspen I would help to work with him to make better sense of his dreams.

21 Sandstone, 207. The migrants made it to our mission safely. I hosted a small meeting with the new arrivals, Sor, and Ina to meet them and give work assignments. Normally I'd have had Haspen present but after our last meeting I gave him some time off to rest. The new arrivals consist of the standard mix of villagers. I arbitrarily assigned wood worker or mason jobs to most of them- with the exception of the fisherman and peasants. We can never have too much fish and peasants are best off remaining in their own class. Sor compiled some interview notes about each of the migrants.
Spoiler: Jonic Abeidu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Itlud Thelmata (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ilum Dukouse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ted Nitharmori (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gamo Adisana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Daslut Thadoko (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kadest Pasubarul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ceslaz Naquuvene (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resmi Bestradur (click to show/hide)

27 Sandstone, 207. Ina has been working to add second levels to each of the housing blocks. She has a big crew of wood workers at her disposal, so they are getting a lot of work done quickly. I have been supporting the wood cutting but with less intensity than before. There is a growing backlog of administrative work that I need to go over. Haspen has been spending a lot of time alone in the old quarry- I am not sure what he is up to. Thomo and Irka are continuing to mine claystone which the other masons have been carrying to the mission stockpile. The newest arrivals to the mission have blended in well with the rest of us. They do not complain about lack of housing too much. They recognize we are aggressively expanding our available housing.

3 Timber, 207. Labs has been possessed! Witnesses say one moment he was partying in the main hall then the next he was running off with a blank stare. He kicked his own father, Lomam, out of the craftworkshop and began collecting materials. Word of the possession spread very quickly. After the Pestrat incident everyone seems to have an interest in these strange episodes. I, being out in the woods, was one of the last to hear about the possession but went quickly when word reached me.
Spoiler: Labs is possessed (click to show/hide)

5 Timber, 207. The entire mission is intently focused on Labs. He has collected several items at the craftworkshop but now he is demanding cut gems. Everyone remembers what happened to Pestrat. Thomo and Irka have gone against my previous orders and are digging deep in the original quarry in search for raw gems that can in turn be cut. I will not hold their breach of orders against them. Labs is but a child...
Spoiler: Cut Gems!??! Again!?!? (click to show/hide)

6 Timber, 207. Bless Egu for we've had a miracle! Lomam, in a desperate attempt to protect his son, has found a bin of raw, uncut gems! At the moment no one can account for how they came about in our stores. With Sor recovering in the barracks from his mining accident we had no one tracking our goods and these gems must have made it to the stockpile unnoticed. Thomo and Irka both claim no memory of digging up the gems and no one can recall placing them in the stockpile. But this is not the time to question this wonderful change of fortune. Servu jr has taken the task of working the gems. One of our most recent migrants had gem working experience, but he or she was not on hand as soon as the gems were discovered. It took actual threat of force to get some of the spectators to return to work. We cannot let the mission's progress come to a halt over this possession, even if it is a child.
Spoiler: Mystery Gems (click to show/hide)

9 Timber, 207. Labs leaped up from the craftworkshop and ran off this morning. As Lomam and I chased to see where he was off to, fearing the worst, we were joyfully surprised to see him run right past Servu jr and to the jeweler workshop. Servu jr was on his way to us to indicate the first gem was cut and ready, but it seems Labs somehow already knew.

10 Timber, 207. I have taken to sleeping in the main hall, as it is closer to Labs' main point of action than my apartment. Lomam sleeps outside, if he is sleeping at all. The boy has his cut gem, but now continues to gather more materials from all over the mission. We've had to have MasterSqueak come out with a club several times to scare some gawkers back to work, again.

11 Timber, 207. Labs has started working with the materials he collected. Lomam and I are watching intently as the boy deftly works for hours on end. I am hoping this creation will provide some answers as to what is going on... or why...

14 Timber, 207. Highwoods... Something about highwoods must have special meaning. Labs finished his work today. He produced a gabbro idol. After he snapped out of his trance he was unable to explain his actions but somehow knew the idol's name was Asluthuslax Petharrono. We've translated it to mean Circledclenched the Brash Gulf. The name has no meaning to me or anyone else but the craftsmanship is of the highest quality. There is an image of highwoods on the piece... I am just not entirely sure of what significance it has.
It seems the entire mission has let out a great sigh of relief that the boy is OK- and everyone wants to get a look at the idol he made.
Spoiler: He made a gabbro idol! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asluthuslax Ptharrono (click to show/hide)

20 Timber, 207. Ina is visibly heartened to see my obsession over Labs' episode is (mostly) done. It seems she has had a waiting list of reports to give to me, but refrained as I was obviously too occupied watching over Labs with Lomam.
The most recent second level housing unit is furnished and accepting residents and the southern expansion's western wall is in the process of being rebuilt. Ina is working with Haspen to properly coordinate the wall's construction with stone watchtower. They have designed a nicely fortified border over there. I asked her how Haspen seemed to be doing- she seems perplexed as to why I was asking and said he was doing fine, if not possibly overly happy and excited. To her my question was probably strange- but to me her answer was stranger. I will need to seek out Haspen to see why he is 'happy and excited'. I know he is friends with Labs- perhaps he is just happy the boy is OK? I am of course, needless to say, happy to hear he is back working too...

23 Timber, 207. I have returned exclusively to administrative work. No more woodcutting for the time being. We have plenty of trees downed and ready to be hauled and between Mong and Mela they can produce enough wood to meet supply for the time being.

1 Moonstone, 207. Ina reports the newest second level housing unit is completed and ready for residents. By my count we are still short quite a few beds to sleep everyone. It is my goal to ensure enough housing for every resident by the end of the year- with some to spare!

3 Moonstone, 207. Sor is up and working again! He did not bother to visit me, which is a little disappointing... But then again I think I may know why. I have been stuck (once again) with all his administrative duties while he was recovering and I remain stuck with them while he works with the miners. It is likely he knew I'd ask him to return to clerical work had I known he was better. To think, he'd rather risk himself in the mines than risk himself with the likes of Sive and the other peasants. Gah!

13 Moonstone, 207. The southern expansion's west wall is complete. The stone tower still has a little work before it can be considered done. The masons are working under Haspen's orders to finish the tower quickly so that we can begin a new stone project. Ina's woodworkers are devoting all their attention to the housing projects.

15 Moonstone, 207. It is becoming very difficult to keep up with all that is going on around the mission. Most of the work is getting done without my direct intervention. Ina is a very effective work leader for the woodworkers. She is keeping them busy in the housing district and shows the proper initiative to start new constructions without my input. Haspen is somehow maintaining charge over the masons- even though he is rarely at the worksite. I believe he is relaying directions through a peasant. Whatever he is doing it is working well.

18 Moonstone, 207. I spent the last couple of days surveying the mission and surrounding lands. Snakesfreckles has gone from a small sheltered camp to an expansive fortified settlement in less than four years. I can only foresee more growth and progress in the coming years.
Spoiler: View of the quarrys (click to show/hide)

[con't]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6