Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Mystery RTD: Turn 5: Fre gets armed, Steve gets disarmed. Game cancelled  (Read 10666 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery RTD: Turn 5: Fre gets armed, Steve gets disarmed.
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2009, 09:28:51 pm »

Well, I WAS going to ask one of you guys to help me fix my arm, but I think I'm not going to be doing that...

In fact, I think I'm going to run away even harder now. Look for weapons.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2009, 09:41:11 pm »

(6) you walk up to steve and let him know you are going to put his arm back in it's socket. He stands still. After a few minutes of trying you get royally pissed off. Pissed off at Jet for doing this and pissed off at the arm for refusing to pop back in. You rip off the arm with a twist and a yank (1) Steves first reaction is a rather stupid one, he jumos away and trips at the same time making it that much easier to remove his arm. He passes out from the pain. You turn to Jet (6) and swing the arm with all your might. (4) he instictifly brings his arms up to block the arm. Receiving medium bruising. You calm down and realise the stupidity of what you just did. You keep the arm anyway. Even after that you learn a little about first aid and Bludgeoning weapons. Mainly that you don't rip peoples arms off, hey it's a start at least.(2) Your cut refuses to heal.

How is that a 6? That sounds more like a 1 to me. A 6 is an overshoot, but the action still succeeds.  Ripping off someone's arm is not the same as putting it back in. I would think a 6 would be more line the lines of:

You force the arm back into the socket, causing a lot of pain and bruising. 
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery RTD: Turn 4: Jet you bastard.
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2009, 09:42:05 pm »

hehe what's the bet you get a 1 and rip his arm off?
I've played in games where the GM's cheat before. It's not fun.

>Wake up and scream "Medic". Then attempt to bandage arm with shirt.

just because i said that does not mean i was cheating... its just i got a roll that allowed that so i decided to go with it

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2009, 09:47:48 pm »

(6) you walk up to steve and let him know you are going to put his arm back in it's socket. He stands still. After a few minutes of trying you get royally pissed off. Pissed off at Jet for doing this and pissed off at the arm for refusing to pop back in. You rip off the arm with a twist and a yank (1) Steves first reaction is a rather stupid one, he jumos away and trips at the same time making it that much easier to remove his arm. He passes out from the pain. You turn to Jet (6) and swing the arm with all your might. (4) he instictifly brings his arms up to block the arm. Receiving medium bruising. You calm down and realise the stupidity of what you just did. You keep the arm anyway. Even after that you learn a little about first aid and Bludgeoning weapons. Mainly that you don't rip peoples arms off, hey it's a start at least.(2) Your cut refuses to heal.

How is that a 6? That sounds more like a 1 to me. A 6 is an overshoot, but the action still succeeds.  Ripping off someone's arm is not the same as putting it back in. I would think a 6 would be more line the lines of:

You force the arm back into the socket, causing a lot of pain and bruising. 

yes i see what you mean. i agree totally. but with these claims of cheating i'm rather pissed off and don't really want to rewrite the turn. i relly don't feel like putting work into something when the people that should be benefiting form it are whining and accusing me of things they have no proof of. this game is finished. now everyone piss off
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:50:46 pm by Typoman »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery RTD: Turn 5: Fre gets armed, Steve gets disarmed. Game cancelled
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:51 pm »

Personally, I think the combination of the 6 followed by a 1 makes an arm-rip-off acceptable.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2009, 12:23:13 am »

>go to the kitchen and cook something tasty

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2009, 02:17:03 am »

Sooo... by "game canceled" I take it to mean you won't be GM'ing anymore?  Great job complaining, guys; you've scared off the GM.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2009, 02:53:17 am »

Eh, a lot of RTD's wind up ending early. It's a lot harder to run one than it looks.

Still, it's you guy's faults.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2009, 07:14:53 am »

Sooo... by "game canceled" I take it to mean you won't be GM'ing anymore?  Great job complaining, guys; you've scared off the GM.

not this game anyway.
i am meant to enjoy this too. being accused of cheating is not fun. it also makes it hard for me to be bothered to do the work required when it seems some of my players will cry foul everytime something unlikely happens. since the game had ended i will tell you what i had planned. i only had a vague idea because RTD's have a way of getting off track of a complex plot, so i tried to keep it adaptable.

you are in the quarters of a ship that was sent to investigate a planet that had appeared in orbot between earth and mars. on this planet reside a form of human that at some point in the vast past evolved an organ that allowed them to extract energy from the passage of time. they could also funnel excess energy beck into the timestream.
many thousands of years ago they decided to see how they would have developed if they did not have this organ and created a sub-species that had the dna needed to grow the organ switched off. this switching was inherited. however recently their sun has progressed to the next stage and has started expanding so they bend space-time around their planet and inserted it into orbit in our solar system. the idea was you would land on the planet and either make peace with them or make war with them. if the former happened they would offer implant the organ in you, grown from your own dna.they would hook the organ up to your nervous system which still had the capability of manipulating it. after that point their enemies would attack after the new location of their homeworld was revealed to them by the ripples in spacetime. before the shift they had been attempting to find it for 1000's of years. if you went to war with them you may have discovered this and managed an incompete implantation yourself. After either of these were resolved blackness would envolope you all for a second and then you would be standing in a 3d credit roll. all you real memories flood back. (cutscene mode now) an icon would pop up in front of you and you would press it. and you would start chatting about the awesome things you did during the game with the other players saying how you can't wait for the final release and how awesome it is you get to beta test Timebender then you logout wait for the Mindlink to disengage and go grab something to eat.

The watches were a hud. the digits were of course a lifecounter. the skull button was for if you got stuck (clipping problems other bugs) and would be removed in the final release. the heart button was a lives transfer button esentially used to keep the others alive longer if you had a surplus of lives. edit: i forgot to mention after death when you lives had run out the watch would display 5 in red, goin down by one at the end of the turn. still immaterial to you. however if one of you pressed your heart button during this time the live would automatically transfer to the player. so all in all it was very easy to die but you had 50 lives to play with among you (unless you somehow managed to gain more which while i intended as being possible i hadn't decided on anything to grant them yet)

Timebending would allow you to do essentially anything once you got the skills as you have an near-infinite source of energy as well as a near-infinite capacity energy sink. any adjustments would speed up or slow down time but over the scale of the universe so it hardly mattered. you could for example create matter. only simple elements at first then later more complex objects like swords or ships. the skills would be split into light heat kinetic sound matter(creating or banishing matter from the universe) other(electricity and possibly more if i find something that doesn't really fit into the others) (so you might be very good at melting suff but couldn't make it fly to save your life)some things would require several skills (healing would need at least a good kinetic and matter skills possibly heat if the pationt was too hot or cold) and each of you would have an afinity for either additive (taking energy from the timestream and adding it to the universe) and subtracive (the opposite) and would get a bonus for your type. if an action could be done with both (stopping a moving by adding kinetic energy opposite to the direction of travel or by removing said kinetic energy) the one you have an afinity in would be used) a wound to the organ would stop use completly till it was healed even bruising this was a mental bock (manifested as an autofail) because of the vast amounts of energy you might incorrectly wield killing yourself. at some point you might have removed the block (at high risk) allowing you to use timebending but with penalties depending on the extent of injury.

i hadn't fleshed out the enemy of the aliens (named the Torkim) but i would have if you chose the peaceful route.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 07:18:54 am by Typoman »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2009, 12:25:42 pm »

Damn, that sounded ridiculously interesting and fun.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2009, 02:23:34 pm »

LAME.  Lighten up a liitle bit, man.  People need to chill.  And that idea does look really good.  Super good, maybe.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2009, 02:47:19 pm »

.... I've been accused of cheating as a gm before, but I don't flip out and cancel the game, you need to calm down a bit.  Besides, you say we accused you of cheating and wrecked the game, keep in mind it was only two guys who said anything, you don't have to go and wreck something that could have been fun for 6 people when one or two of them isn't having a good time.  Just warn them and if they keep it up, kill em off or kick them out.  Anyways, I'm tried of everyone always being little fucking bitch queens and flipping out on the internet, if any of you decide to apologize or continue that'd be great, otherwise shut the fuck up and remember that what goes around comes around in that, every game you wreck there's gonna be more people who won't want to play with you because of what you've already done.
Nom nom nom

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2009, 06:23:53 pm »

you keep in mind i had been having a very bad day and that was the figurative straw that broke the camels back. also it what not so much what was said but how it was said. it gave me a sense that it would become a reccuring theme.

and in any case i wasn't so much "flipping out" as just making the situation dissapear by ending it. i assumed that way it would stop the antagonising. now instead your whinging at me for ending the game. perhaps i should have locked the topic?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:28:28 pm by Typoman »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2009, 06:27:44 pm »

Eh, things going badly seems to be a recurring theme for you, Typoface.

My condolences. Or something like that.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2009, 06:34:22 pm »

LAME.  Lighten up a liitle bit, man.  People need to chill.  And that idea does look really good.  Super good, maybe.
well thanks. but it's kinda wrecked now since the idea was the players would need to find out that it was in fact a video game

Eh, things going badly seems to be a recurring theme for you, Typoface.

My condolences. Or something like that.
pah you can say that again...
also typoface?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7