Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Mystery RTD: Turn 5: Fre gets armed, Steve gets disarmed. Game cancelled  (Read 10668 times)

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile

Hey, i have been enjoying quite a few of the RTD's around and thought i would try my hand at one. i thought i would start of rather small with only 5 players, i may add more if i feel i can handle it.

i will be using a system similar to Sean's but not quite the same.
All i need for your character is a name. any other information is great! i will roll virtual die here this site uses radio noise for a seed iirc so is truly random.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AI (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medical (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

With all that done, welcome to Mystery RTD. (please tell me if there are any details i forgot to provide and i will get them there asap. also throughout the game if you notice any mistakes I might make that would be great..)

You wake up to a terribly annoying beeping sound and groggily feel around. after a few moments of searching you find the source and shut it off. Then the lights switch on. you mutter to yourself and sit up. You notice you are wearing clothes, rather boring clothes really, an undershirt and some sort of non-descript underwear. You are also wearing what appears to be a watch with 2 red buttons  and a 3 digit display. After a few moments you notice a few others around you, they are also sitting, on smooth grey platforms made of some sort of metal. above each of the platforms is a panel with 2 large buttons. One with a glowing green light, the other is black. You sit and ponder for a while wondering how you got here. Or for that matter exactly who you are. As much as you try, nothing comes to you.

Note: Please don't press the buttons on the watches carelessly, you might not like the results, even if they may not be immediately clear This is the only meta warning i will give you but  i thought this  was important enough, you may learn why later.

This RTD is called mystery RTD for a reason. you will need to learn the limits of this reality yourself, along with what exactly this reality is. Investigate, look around, ask questions to the NPC's you might miss something vital if you don't! Have Fun.

I am to go to bed, With any luck when wake up in the morning i will have 5 players ready to go.

Players:
1: Jet (Jetsquirrel)
2: Bob (MrPerson)
3: Steve (Rashilul)
4: Fre (Frelock)
5: Steadman (Kilakan)

Waiting List:
Empty!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:49:39 pm by Typoman »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery RTD (5 spots open) Game Start
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 10:54:24 am »

IN

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:36 pm »

In. I'm Bob. Let's keep it simple, eh?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:57:11 pm »

I'm in. I'm Steve.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 01:10:37 pm »

Alright.  Fre up and ready for action.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 03:16:04 pm »

I am in and I AM STEADMAN!!!!
Nom nom nom

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery RTD (Waiting List empty) Ready to go!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »

Ok you are all in and your fate is sealed (i generated your rolls)
once everyone has entered their first action i will begin the first turn.

on a side note, do you think it is needed that i put the statuses in for the initialiser? i mean its pretty darn obvious :D

Quote from: example
Spoiler: Temp Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Locations
Spoiler: open plain (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Special Items
Spoiler: SpecialItem (click to show/hide)

Please note that anything above may or not be possible in the game, i just wanted en example so you would know what to expect. also tell me if you think i should change anything

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 05:34:24 pm »

Press one of the buttons.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 05:40:11 pm »

Investigate. Look around. Ask questions to the NP... wait, no. Inspect the place top to bottom. Look for secret buttons and hidden passageways.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 05:45:23 pm »

Press one of the buttons.
on the watch or on the slab?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 07:59:29 pm »

Hmmm, green is a good color, right?  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Push the green button on the panel.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 08:03:24 pm »

I'll stand up and attempt to summon a energy-ball, if I am successful I will shoot the ball at the black button.
Nom nom nom

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 08:53:03 pm »

i feel that the xp system might allow levels to be gained too quickly, i will stick with it a few turns, though i may change the xp system later if it turns out unbalanced.

Just waiting on Jet and Rasilul
if Rasilul doesn't respond by the time jet posts his action i will simply let the die roll decide which button he presses.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:18:48 am by Typoman »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery RTD (Waiting for Jet) Ready to go!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 05:06:06 am »

>Search for a weapon

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mystery RTD: Turn 1 I. HATE. BUTTONS!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 06:03:15 am »

Ok Turn is in !

Turn 1: I. HATE. BUTTONS!

Quote from: Bob: Inspect the place top to bottom. Look for secret buttons and hidden passageways.
(3) You stand up and start investigating the room. There isn't much here. There is a door at the far end of the room. No windows. There are 5 slabs of grey metal you were all sleeping on. The floor has a crosshatch pattern engraved in it, possibly for grip. What an utterly boring room... after a while you sit on your slab again. Must be some sort of sleeping area. Apparently there isn't anything too secret about the room after all, you do feel a little more observant though.

Quote from: Fre: Push the green button on the panel.
(6) You clench your right hand into a fist, pull it back and PUNCH the green button above your slab. (2) the button depresses then smashes! The light in it is also smashed and blinks out. The slab smoothly and silently lowers until level with the floor. Your fist gets cut by glass and is bruised somewhat. You feel you are a bit better at unarmed combat though, also the button looks like it won't ever work again.

Quote from: Steadman: I'll stand up and attempt to summon a energy-ball, if I am successful I will shoot the ball at the black button.
(3) You stand up and focus on forming an energy ball. And manage to achieve absolutly nothing. You feel that it is possible to do such a task, but you are missing some pre-requisite, Something... unearthly? Not the right word but you just can't think of one to descibe it. Though you suspect it will be a stupidly common word when you do.

Quote from: Jet: Search for a weapon
(1) You get up and promptly trip over your own feet, you fall to the ground (3) and narrowly avoid breaking your nose bashing your head on the floor, you do howerver sprain your left wrist trying to cushion the fall.

Quote from: Steve: Press one of the buttons
(6) You have a sudden and uncontrollable urge to press a button, you have no idea what bought it on but you MUST press a button, the closest one is on your watch. You see the watch is currently displaying 010 in glowing green digits, there are 2 red buttons. One has a skull on it one has a heart, the urge grows stronger and you simply press the one closest to your thumb, the one with the skull on it. You suddenly just stop. You stop breathing, you stop thinking, your heart no longer beats. As your body falls it fades away as do your clothes. The watch however hovers in mid air for a few seconds before letting out 10 short beeps and the display changes to 009. it blinks out of existance and re-appears on the slab. You were still in a sort of limbo during all this and you had no knowlede of the events. Suddenly you feel something pulling at you...

You wake up to bright lights. You mutter to yourself and sit up. You notice you are wearing clothes, rather boring clothes really, an undershirt and some sort of non-descript underwear. You are also wearing what appears to be a watch with 2 red buttons and a 3 digit display. You are sitting on a smooth grey platform made of some sort of metal. There are 5 in the room above each of the platforms is a panel with 2 large buttons. One with a glowing green light, the other is black. You can see that one of the slabs is not there for some reason and the green glowing button is broken. You sit and ponder for a while wondering how you got here. Or for that matter exactly who you are. As much as you try, nothing comes to you. After a while you become aware of 4 people in the room staring at you like you just came back from the dead. You ponder this for a while as well.

Quote from: Bob

Quote from: Fre

Quote from: Steadman

Quote from: Steve

Quote from: Jet

Quote from: Locations
Spoiler: Sleeping Area (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Special Equipment
Spoiler: Watch thing x5 (click to show/hide)

You guys must REALLY hate buttons. 2 overshots, both pressing buttons, and another of you wanting to attack one with an energy ball hehe. If you see any mistakes let me know and i will correct them. as long as i am notified before the next turn is up, otherwise it stays in.

edit: turns out my spellchecker is not working AT ALL so expect numerous typing errors that i did not spot if anything is unclear or unreadable let me know and i will fix it up
edit 2: hehe i forgot to update a status!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:16:46 am by Typoman »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7