Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: WorkerDrone's Live Stream: Offline, clean up the damn popcorn already.  (Read 35491 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile

How the universe was made. God sneezes.
You stole that from Douglas Adams, all beware the coming of the great handkerchief in the sky.

Also, I probably have swine flu, it just means a constant headache and occasional sneezing/couching, nothing bad.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Also, I probably have swine flu, it just means a constant headache and occasional sneezing/couching, nothing bad.
You don't have swine flu until you get sick and the world is spinning around you and you are barely conscious,I was so bad off I didn't have any control over my limb muscles at one point.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

I may be getting mild smptoms, most likely just paranoia though.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile

So, you guys still not sick?

I bet that's nice.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost

Well, we're all sick; it's just -we're- sick in the head.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Since there's no official X-Com thread, and you guys seem knowledgeable, I'll ask this here.

Do games ever become unstable over time?  I'm on my first Ethereal Terror mission, and I'm crashing every few minutes.  I can't even get through the mission, and it's so lethal I don't want to save every turn and risk getting into an unwinnable position with all of my veterans.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Since there's no official X-Com thread, and you guys seem knowledgeable, I'll ask this here.

Do games ever become unstable over time?  I'm on my first Ethereal Terror mission, and I'm crashing every few minutes.  I can't even get through the mission, and it's so lethal I don't want to save every turn and risk getting into an unwinnable position with all of my veterans.
What version are you playing? That could be one reason. You can always download a fresh copy and keep a clean backup zip of it or something. That's another solution.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I'm playing the steam version.  Specifically, I'm playing the offline, non-DOSBox version inside Steam's XCOM directory, because the DOSBox version has some kinks.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

IN COMBING ON...........SICKTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were aliens in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway. John was an X-COM agent for fourteen years. hen he was young he watched the Skyrangers and said to dad "I want to be on the Skyranger daddy." Dad said No! You will be KILL BY SECTOIDS" There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the underground base of X-COM he knew there were aliens. "This is Joson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the Sectoids!" So john gotted his plasma rifle and blew up the wall. "HE GOING TO KILL US" said the sectoids "I will shoot at him" said the Commander and he fired the blaster bombs. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew himi up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill. "No! I must kill the aliens" he shouted The radio said "No, John. You are the aliens." And then John was a Chryssalid.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Ron Paulo was normal man with nromal space mariane gools.  When was young he sait that he want be sparcemarene but Dud say no.  Going foorther there were older Ron would want sparceMARRHINE, burt there were none time.  Once day exoplosion roll ship in spooce, Ron grab nearby gun and says, "TIME FOR THE ALIENS TO GET A TASTE THAT IS COMING TO THEM."  ROn says.  Ron ran fast to door, but was sooped by door.  "I mist get door by!"  Says Ron.  Door open and Ron rin throw with such force that it killed nearby firndd, ROn panicked, "Oh no! I have killed firnd, I am a disgrace to 19 yeardolds!"  RON RUN RON RUN to the buckelt and hurled chunkc of lefts and right and whta there is ALIEND in fiend nreaby ROn.  RON through bucke at aleind friend and swas saved.  "I hav defeet cholo."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

God damn, you just wrote that didn't you?  We are in the presence of a master people.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Man, the problem is that I have only like 0.0000000001% of my jokes when I type them man.  The rest are all destroyed through like not being verbal.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost

That, sir, is what underlines and italics are for. They make things funny just by being there. It's like, SCIENCE or something, man.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Does anyone else have a problem with getting really attached to their X-Com characters?

I almost cried IRL when one of my veterans died, and I don't know what I'm going to do if Victor Belov gets killed.  He's been around since mission 1.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34