Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: What if You Got Banned?  (Read 9687 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: What if You Got Banned?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 03:11:30 pm »

The only thing I've ever been banned from was a Trackmania server, and they banned me (with a script, from the looks of it!) because I beat the admin's time record.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 03:54:24 pm »

Haven't been banned before.  Even during a year of RS, with hair trigger mods, I never got a mute or an offence.  Have got a warning here (deserved, I think), but I'd like to think I probably won't cross the line again.

If banned, I guess I'd have to find something else to do.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 04:01:48 pm »

Better question:

IF you got banned, what would is the most likely thing you would have done to earn it?

Trolling. Heh, I put a little troll statement in all my long rants (kinda to check if anyone reads them). I'm a little surprised that I haven't been warned yet. Also, I like to argue just for the sake of debating anything.. a habit that'll get me in trouble some time.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 04:35:52 pm »

I'm surprised I haven't been banned for my name, seeing as how it's Stretched-Anus in Dwarfish.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 04:40:31 pm »

If the word Akigakak can show up in normal DF gameplay, surely you can use it here. No-one gets banned for discussions about goblin civs called The Rape of Whores or whatever.

I'm not entirely sure what it counts as if I call someone an Akigakak...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 05:05:06 pm »

I'm surprised I haven't been banned for my name, seeing as how it's Stretched-Anus in Dwarfish.

Congratulations. Now everyone reading this topic will think of you as the Stretched Anus guy.

If I got banned, it would almost definitely be for rage-posting at someone when I'm angry for a completely unrelated reason. Or just generally being a jerkass, I guess.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 05:11:22 pm »

Huzzah!

My hour-long wish, fulfilled!
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 05:23:07 pm »

IF you got banned, what would is the most likely thing you would have done to earn it?
Post about what I would do if I got banned.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 05:30:46 pm »

That name of yours is hard to remember, can we just call you "goat", Akigagak?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 05:49:53 pm »

I think someone would have to set me up for a banning, at least as I am now.

The only thing I've ever been banned from was a Trackmania server, and they banned me (with a script, from the looks of it!) because I beat the admin's time record.
Beat the administrator's time record?  What does that mean?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2009, 05:51:37 pm »

I think someone would have to set me up for a banning, at least as I am now.

Beat the administrator's time record?  What does that mean?
It means the admins a sore loser.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 05:54:12 pm »

I'd make another account with a similar name so that it's clear it's me to inform whoever banned me that their efforts are futile. Then I'd wait for my ISP to change my IP address (which they do periodically), register an unrelated account, and continue business as usual.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 05:54:36 pm »

That name of yours is hard to remember, can we just call you "goat", Akigagak?

No, but Akig is fine.

Yes, stretched.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 05:55:17 pm »

How blatantly unethical. You should complain to whoever manages the admins, if there is anyone.

I'm very careful to not troll, hurt people's feelings, or disrupt topics, but when I do, I'm usually pretty quick to apologize.

There are the occasional times I post naked pictures of random people in my posts, and then quickly edit them away before anyone sees them. I've yet to get caught!

I don't actually do that...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 05:59:00 pm »

I don't actually do that...
neither do I. :) 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:00:55 pm by cowofdoom78963 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10