Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves Request Clothing  (Read 2101 times)

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves Request Clothing
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 06:00:09 pm »

My ideal image of it is that a dwarf goes to the workshop, orders the item, it goes into the queue but is superceded by any player ordered items and can possibly specify quality at something affordable so that Urist McHauler doesn't order a new pair of socks and ends up with ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼ and have to starve to death (because honestly, who can turn down a fresh pair of ☼Cave Spider Silk Socks☼?).

I didn't think about this for some reason, this is just as/more important than the dwarf not prioritizing the 'buy stuff' task too high.

If you could set a workshop as "Manual orders only" vs "Manager assigns orders", having a third option for "Dwarves request orders"

Oh please please Mr. Toadyclaus I want this suggestion for Christmas.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 10:01:23 am »

I pretty much just define all clothing as 'leather' class armor. you can get by having only 3 armor cats.
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 08:45:06 am »

Why not just give the mayor a REAL JOB... he could be the person that all the dwarves go to when they need more clothes. And then he mandates or requests that you make the clothes. Or at least have a list somewhere of how much is needed in the 'z' menu.
Pages: 1 [2]