Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Wars of the Celestial Lord - a game of intrigue, strategy and roleplay  (Read 22123 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Wars of the Celestial Lord - a game of intrigue, strategy and roleplay
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2009, 05:26:50 am »

Shou Ji and Munisai Unite their fleet, then move to 10;-22.
They will attack all civilian vessels they encounter and loot them, to draw the enemy out of his walls, into a sea-battle. It's easier to fight on ships than trying to get past the walls already. The hope is to take one of the enemy commanders prisoner, or kill him, or maybe just sink him together with his ship.

Kestrel moves into the city, grabs the few ships that are left there and moves to 9;-24

Koga moves into the city, grabs some ships as well, and moves out north 3 tiles.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:39:20 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2009, 05:27:16 am »

Jierui disbands his archers, and continues moving east, wishing he had more leadership.
If possible, a unit of infantry is trained at Dongshan this very turn, and the army moves to attack the besieging enemy, trying to drive off the enemy.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2009, 07:41:45 am »

"Your intelligence is faulty, Duan. Those infantry complicate the battle plan. We may be here a little longer. I don't want to be here a little longer."
Fierban watched the barbarians mill about.
"I suggest that you attempt to draw out the enemy from here. Taunt him. Pretend to be recklessly looting the land. If he comes out, attack him. It does not matter if he doesn't, though. What is important is that his eyes are on you.
I shall lead our cavalry. I will lead them north, veering away from the city, as if to leave you. I will camp out of sight of the city, and then, when you give the signal, a smoke cloud, or something, I will rush east during the night, and be ready to assault the city at dawn. The barbarian forces will be focussed in the south west, against you, but I shall lead the cavalry into the city from the north. If we coordinate our attacks, we should be able to crush him with ease.
Well, that's my plan A, anyway. It is a tested method of mine. Of course, it works better when there is a forest to hide in"
"Hmmn? Oh, right. Sure. Yeah, the gods approve or something."
"Excellent. I'll give the required orders, then."

Soon, the cavalry split off from the rest of the army, and headed north. Clearly leaving. Clearly.
Meanwhile, Tsoi organised the looting and pillaging of the outlying regions of the city. A challenge was sent to the barbarian leader for a duel. Duan would be doing the fighting. If the duel went well, so much the better. If not, Duan was to cheat and back away. The barbarians have no honour to give, so exchanging it with them is impossible anyway.
Whilst Tsoi and Duan taunted the barbarians, Fierban ran north, riding during the night as that his movement would go unseen. During the day they rested in dips in the land or in small copses of trees; out of sight of the barbarians, anyway.
Until the two units of cavalry were in position at the northern gate to the city.
When Tsoi and Duan were convinced it was the best time to attack, they set fire to a large bonfire containing many green branches and fresh crops. The clouds of smoke rose over the landscape, obscuring the sun. And signaling to fierban that it was time to attack.

The order was given.
The soldiers lifted the ladders, bridges, and rams. The archers drew their bows.
The next order was given.
The soldiers started to run forwards.
The barbarian archers fired.
The cavalry charged the undefended northern gates.

Fierban leads the two units of cavalry 'away' from the rest of the army, and loops round the city, to the northernmost gate.
Tsoi and Duan distract the barbarians.
All forces attack the city at the same time, using smoke clouds to signal the attack and obscure sight for archers. During the assault, the cavalry attempt to target the barbarian archers. One unit of infantry simply attacks the walls, forcing the barbarians to keep troops there. The other target the barbarian infantry. The archers provide supporting fire.

Meanwhile
The unit of boat-bound archers moves east two tiles.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:47:49 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2009, 09:27:08 am »

Zei-Ran and Yun Wong stand at the bow of the flagship.

"I have been thinking," says Zei-Ran "and I think we need to take a more active role in the cities that we have liberated"

"My lord?" queries Yun Wong

"Yes. I don't think we can fully trust the administrators there. The Empire could be sent into disarray should the Celestial Lord die."

"Ah. A wise observation, my lord"

Zei-Ran holds out his hand, and one of his lieutenants scurries forward with a scroll. Zei-Ran motions for Yun Wong to take it.

"Therefore, you are now the Governor of Yinmei. I trust you will prove an able administrator."

"Thank you, my lord. I will do my best to reward the trust you have placed in me." The young man bows deeply.

"Good. In the meantime, I will take a more direct role in the governance of Mingjing."

"Most appropriate, my lord"

-------

Zei-Ran is now Governor of Minjing
Yun Wong is now Governor of Yinmei
The Fleet continues its course
The Archers from Yinmei continue their movement down to Minjing
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2009, 09:50:40 am »

Apura continues moving... in the wrong direction, apparently.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2009, 10:41:21 am »

Ogedei moves to (-14, -6)
Ling Cui takes the three cavalry units in Luyang and Chases down the barbarians, after that she continues to (-13, -16)
Khoraf trains archers
Khorosun trains cavalry

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2009, 12:14:50 pm »

Lola Danyal advances her army on the barbarian city, using the cover of night. She orders her infantry to silently scale the walls with ladders, silence any guards and open the gates to allow the Cavalry entry.
The Cavalry will then cut down any armed barbarian is sight, while the infantry clear the buildings. As Lola knows her cavalry are competent enough she decides to lead the Infantry herself.

Orders:
Assault the barbarian city.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2009, 06:17:02 am »

Turn 29, Autumn

Sorry again, caught a cold.

For ship users : If you abandon your ships alone somewhere (without at least one unit) you can consider them gone for good. So if you disembark on an island where no ships can be produced, you are going to be stuck there for a while. Remember : keep at least one unit with your ships and you should be fine.

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Events

General Status

Armies

Heroes

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2009, 08:26:50 am »

"Ugh. Urban warfare."
Fierban watched his men break down the door to some kind of workshop, run in, and, a minute later, emerge on the roof, where they made quick work of the archers who were positioned there.  Down the street, some infantry were attacking barbarians behind a barricade. Then a dozen horsemen charged down the street, jumped over the barricade, and quickly slaughtered the archers.
Tsoi joined him on the walls, wiping his sword.
"Perhaps we should simply raze the city, sir?"
They looked at the city. It was a mess, useless, contaminated. Most of the houses had thatched roofs and were made of wood, so it would certainly burn. Fierban contemplated it.
"No. We outnumber the enemy, and we are better equipped. We will simply sweep through the city, placing our own soldiers in cleared buildings, until the entire city is ours. This is not a time for risks."
Tsoi shrugged, and went to rejoin the fight. Fierban circled the walls and gave shouted orders to the troops below.

Fierban leads his troops in a simple sweep of the city, using cavalry to attack archers and archers to attack infantry.

Meanwhile the fleet continues their due east course and arrives at 40,-2.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2009, 09:13:49 am »

Euh. Very well. Both the archers and the infantry leave Jierui and travel towards the city to the west. Xian continues east, north and east with his cavalry alone.

Oh. So that city is also off-limits? Curses. Very well, then. Cavalry and Xian move westwards, infantry and archers follow behind at their own pace.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:27:18 pm by Dwarfaholic »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2009, 10:27:25 am »

The fleet speeds northwards towards Weidan-shu
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2009, 01:45:34 pm »

Koga moves 4 tiles north

Kestrel joins forces with Madara, and they then attack the city. Time to get into the harbour and into the city.

Shou Ji uses spare wood to arm the ships with catapults, time to put the trademark skill of his family to use in a siege.

Also, lots of RP happens, but ooohh, that's not for everyones eyes and ears.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2009, 09:14:17 am »

Ogedei Moves toward the city.
Ling Cui moves with her great 6 points speed towards the city Lola Danyal is attempting to capture.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 25, 2009, 07:28:57 am »

Turn 30, Autumn

Map

Events

General Status

Armies

Heroes

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 25, 2009, 07:38:00 am »

Munisai and his army attack once more. Those damn barbarians will be cursing the day they dared to offer resistance!

Koga moves one tile north, and 3 tiles west, to -19;10
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24