Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Wars of the Celestial Lord - a game of intrigue, strategy and roleplay  (Read 22128 times)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: Wars of the Celestial Lord - a game of intrigue, strategy and roleplay
« Reply #255 on: October 11, 2009, 12:22:28 pm »

Very well. Xian Jierui takes only the cavalry with him as he moves southwards, with the archers and infantry leaving westwards.

A better idea emerges. Jierui takes all three units and heads east, even if at a snail's pace.

A unit of archers is trained at Dongshan.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:38:29 am by Dwarfaholic »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 11, 2009, 10:48:57 pm »

Zei-Ran rallies the troops and leads a daring cavalry charge through the city towards the commander of the barbarian forces while Yun Wong leads the archers and infantry to flank the sides and keep the main barbarian forces occupied.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2009, 07:15:45 am »

Im in no mood for Rp

After accuiring control of the "city" Ogedei moves with 1 unit of cavalry to (-18, -6)
Ling Cui moves with one unit of cavalry to (-19, -10)
Sian Mei remains at the "city"

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2009, 10:21:17 am »

Lola and her army marched further West, finally within Sight of the Barbarian city. She ordered scouts to ride ahead and judge the strengthof the opposing forces.

Orders:
Move West two squares.
Scout barbarian City.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2009, 04:08:07 am »

Turn 27, Autumn

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Events

General Status

Armies

Heroes

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2009, 04:50:31 am »

A key question to know the answer to is: Is the settlement walled? It's kinda important for dseciding on a strategy.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2009, 08:03:28 am »

After correcting his course, Xian Jierui continues moving east.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2009, 08:21:54 am »

Actions
Autopilot toward city.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2009, 11:31:57 am »

Zei-Ran stands on the highest tower of Oloski, looking out over the seas. His thoughts turn to the rest of the empire, and the struggles of the other generals and lords working to restore the nation.

He sighs, and looks down at the letter in his hands.

"What news, my Lord?" Asks Yun Wong, standing a few paces behind him.

Zei-Ran turns and smiles at the young lord. "It seems that I now hold a writ for the office of Rear Admiral. Our efforts here on the seas have not gone unnoticed."

"Congratulations, lord. It is well deserved."

Zei-Ran nods. "Perhaps. But I think your efforts on the seas deserve more recognition. Congratulations, Rear Admiral Wong"

The young man is stunned into silence, then bows very deeply. "I do not think I am worthy of such an office, my lord, but I shall do my best to live up to this honor you have given me."

"You'll do fine. Now, however, there is much more to do. I think the city of Anji, to the west, is our next target. Once we have it captured we'll have a clear corridor for shipping between Minjing and the mainland."

"A wise plan, lord"

"First, however, we need to get this city properly garrisoned and governed. Once it is ready, we'll take the fleet and strike out for Anji"

------

Orders:
Yun Wong is elevated to Rear Admiral of the Western Seas
Archers are trained in Oloski as a garrison.
Archers are trained in Yinmei. They then begin traveling down to Minjing.
Zei-Ran, Yun Wong, and the fleet head west towards the city at 12,-22 (Anji). Any barbarian fleets encountered will be attacked and plundered.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2009, 12:28:32 pm »

Zei-Ran sits in the governer's palace of Oloski, pouring over maps of the surrounding area when a messenger arrives bearing a letter.

After scanning the letter, Zei-Ran turns to Yun Wong and the other officers.

"It seems that Anji is the target of General Madara's forces. Since that city's capture is now in his capable hands, we are freed to look northward. I think the outpost of Weidan-shu at 15,-1 is the next logical target for our fleet."

Yun Wong looks down at the map. "Indeed, my lord. Is General Madara expecting our assistance in this matter?"

"I am not sure yet. However, in the event that he requests our aid I want the new archers from Yinmei waiting in Minjing and ready to sail. Weidan-shu is our primary target, but I shall not withhold aid from a loyal general of the Empire if it is asked."

-----

Change of orders:
Zei-Ran, Yun Wong, and the fleet head towards 15,-1 (Weidan-shu)
All other orders stay as given
Come play Mafia with us!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2009, 12:34:01 pm »

no rp, stress galore.

Shou Ji gets announced governor of Mahoyiga, then trains a unit of archers, then heads out on boats towards 09;-25. He sents out scouts to check upon the city, but makes sure that the main fleet stays out of sight.

Munisai moves towards mahoyiga, gets on boats, and then moves to 06;-24

Kestrel continues towards Mahoyiga.

Koga continues towards Mardukane.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2009, 02:26:38 pm »

Fierban and Duan's combined forces marched swiftly to the barbarian city. They sent scouts in to observe their defences, released enslaved celestials, stole or destroyed supplies, and blocked roads. They had to wait until Tsoi caught up with the cavalry before the assault on the city anyway. Fierban was optimistic regarding the siege of the city.
"There is no reason to suppose the barbarians have been reinforced unduly since your last scoutings. And with five hundred men, both better armed and trained, the siege will be a mere matter of overrunning them. Indeed, I have no reason to suppose we will not be discussing the rebuilding of the city very soon."

Fierban and Duan move to besiege the barbarian city. Also scout report please.

Tsoi moves towards the barbarian city. By my reckoning he will be one tile away from Fierban and Duan.

'Captain Oson,
Please launch the fleet, and sail east to the landing place described. Avoid conflict if possible. If all goes well we shall arrive simultaneously at the shore. I shall inform you if we are delayed.
General Fierban.'

A forest of masts populated the harbour of Shaocoun. Small ships, converted fishing boats or barges for the most part, nevertheless a fleet capable of carrying hundreds of men.
Fierban hoped.
The captain hoped so too. The recently-retrained archers boarded the fleet, and they set off. The fleet was large and uncoordinated, so the sailing was slow, but they would make it too the other shore on time, provided the winds kept up.

The unit of archers in Shaocoun is re-recruited (for the specialities), and moves east two tiles, by ship.
Long Live United Forenia!

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2009, 08:41:36 am »

Moving.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2009, 08:48:45 am »

Ogedei put the final stamp on the very official letter and handed it to Igor, who bowed and went away. The newly claimed city would be named Khoraf.

Ogedei moves to (-16, -6)
Ling Cui moves with the two cavalries to Luyang.
Unit of cavalry is trained at Khorosun
Unit of infantry is trained at Khoraf

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 17, 2009, 04:57:34 am »

Turn 28, Autumn

Sorry about the lack of updates, RL got the better of me. Now back to normal.

On a side-note, perhaps I didn't say it but units can be disbanded anywhere. You don't need to be in a city to do so.

Map

Events

General Status

Armies

Heroes
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24