Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Wars of the Celestial Lord - a game of intrigue, strategy and roleplay  (Read 22130 times)

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wars of the Celestial Lord - a game of intrigue, strategy and roleplay
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2009, 06:48:08 pm »

Apura trains more troops (infantry) to defend The Ways... or whatever this place is called. She also asks if Xian would be willing to lend his aid by assigning one unit under her command so that she may swiftly consolidate Imperial power in this region.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2009, 11:59:54 am »

Since i gotta post fast, ill just give you actions.

Ogedei moves into the city. He'll give time for Madara to completely take the city before moving into it, but he'll attack the barbarians from the south if it seems Madara cant take the city this turn.

The cavalry in the bridge enters the forest.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2009, 01:08:22 pm »

Turn 25, Summer

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Events

General Status

Armies

Heroes
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:23:56 pm by Istrian »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2009, 02:54:05 pm »

Again, the army turns to the South-West marching through the oppressive sun.

Orders:
Move South West.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2009, 04:03:28 pm »

No worries.
I can get me 4 AP if I put Tsoi in charge of the cavalry and Fierban in charge of the two infantry units. Which puts me on top of Dwarmin this turn. Then all that is required is that Tsoi has a leadership of 2 and we can retain our 4 AP.

It took them a whole week to march the length of the bridge. It was even to Fierban boring to see the same visage the entire march; every time you awoke from your meditation you could hardly notice you had moved at all. Eventually they reached the far end, though, and there met Duan Ruang and his forces.

Fierban (leading the two infantry) and Tsoi (leading the cavalry) (as separate armies) march south till they meet up with Duan.

*The two generals met with little fanfare; they were both men weary of the endless formalities that graced the celestial court. They briefly shared tales of their exploits, then Duan gave his reports on the city they were to besiege.
Then they discussed logistics. Fierban claimed he could march the men on foot to the city walls in two weeks if Tsoi would lead the two cavalry units (to arrive later than the foot soldiers). The only question was whether Tsoi was capable of leading so many men alone.

This bit without discussion with Dwarmin. Dwarmin this is alright, yes?
Also Istrian this movement scheme- it will work, right? It makes sense so I assume yes, but I do not wish to be surprised.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2009, 08:22:39 pm »

Excerpt from the unpublished writings of Lau Ruang, scribe and poet of the Ruang family...

A quick greeting, a flagon of red wine, and they were off. On the way, he would learn much about his fellow general...they toasted the victories to come...and though each man smiled, his heart was turned inward, hiding troubled thoughts. 2 men rode toward the ancient city uneasily, hands never straying far from their weapons...not out of mistrust or hate, not quite...but the feeling one gets when confronted when a poisonous snake. You know it's not evil, yet the nature of a snake is to bite, and his venom cares not what it destroys...

Actions

Move toward the enemy city alongside Fierban if possible, maintaining patrols.

@Nuke: sa'lright

It will take me at 3 weeks to get the city as well.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 07:25:03 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2009, 03:19:45 am »

Fear was driven into the enemies hearts, when a second banner appeared inbetween the banner of the crow, which had been sieging them for week now.
The banner of the dog had come to bare it's fangs.

With the banner, came the reknown and feared general Ogedei, and his commanders.

As that army of joined forces approached the walls, outnumbering the barbarians almost 3 on 1, the walls shoock with each step as they approached, and the men knew, they had seen the last of this world, for it would end under those boots.

----------------

Munisai Madara and Ogedei Khan start a joint attack on the enemy. Since there are more than enough troops and commanders avaiable, they will attack from almost all sides at once.

Munisai again puts up a reward for the one who brings him the head of the enemy general.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 03:30:00 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2009, 05:28:04 am »

Jierui moves back to the city, leaves his regular archers behind. He will then exit the city from the south. A unit of cavalry is trained in Xian's northern city.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:33:50 am by Dwarfaholic »

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2009, 10:02:03 am »

Archers are trained, and the army meets up with the cavalry coming from the west. The city north is the next destination for Apura.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2009, 11:51:07 am »

My internet seems to be at its deaththroes...

Ogedei rode into the camp of general Munisai, got down from his saddle and shouted in loud voice for someone to direct him to the leader of the army.
An attendant ran up to him, bowed, and asked Ogedei to follow him. Shrugging his shoulders, Ogedei followed the young man.
Finally, in the main command tent he met General Madara.
"Ahhh, welcome to my lands, most Honorable Khan Ogedei. I am Munisai Madara, 8th heir of the house of Madara. This is my Firstborn, Koga, the son of the house Wist, Kestrel Wist, and my friend Shou Ryou, scion of the Shou clan"
"Have you brought news about your mission?"
Ogedei bowed
"I greet you, General Madara. I am here to report to you that the mission you gave me is done in satisfactory manner"
An image of anticipation rose on the generals face
"Then have you brought with you the head of this horrible woman?"
"No. These *Women* agreed to join my retinue, and i intend to put their skills at use. I agree that their offences are great, but i find it more satisfactory that they pay their sentence to celestial lord in more useful manner"
The smile on Munisai Madaras face died as quickly as it had appeared.
"Oh, a shame you have not brought them with you, all too much it itches me to force from them at least an apology for the damages and the insult they have inflicted upon me. But whatever, I am certain that you will make sure they will pay for attacking troops of the empire in one way or another."
With slight satisfaction, Ogedei answered.
"I will not let the empire down when it comes to exracting an apology from those who have offended against it. Now... General Madara, most humbly i wish to discuss the reward promised..."
"I have something for you that is of high value indeed. This is a letter of recommendation for the finest academies of the empire. Very rare and hard to aquire these days. Yet, it is unnamed, and I can fill any name I desire on it. The decision whose name, may it be yours or maybe one of your allies, is up to you, for it is yours now."
The letter of recommendation was handed from one person to another, and Ogedei examined it with a satisfactory look.
"May it serve you well."
"Ah... Thank you milord, for this most generous reward. On to other matters then, it seems you are having slight... eh... Difficulties... capturing this city that looms over there back into the celestial empires midst. Now that I and my cavalry are here, i suggest we work together for the universal goal of ridding these lands of the fould barbarian scum."
Briefly, General Madare looked very insulted, but quickly hides his feelings behind his poker face.
"If your men are eager for battle, then I shall not deny them. I am sure I can find a place for them to play their part. Your generous help, is much appreciated"
Ogedei bowed and answered with slight glee in his voice
"It will be a pleasure to fight by your sight, most illustrious General Madara"

Ogedei attacks the city with General Madara. He instructs Xia and Mei to use their magical skills to help capture the city this week.
The cavalry in forest continues towards Ogedei.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 11, 2009, 04:05:36 am »

Turn 26, Summer

Map

Events

General Status

Armies

Heroes

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 11, 2009, 04:27:37 am »

After lengthy discussion with Ogedei Khan about who has the right to lay claim upon the freshly captured city, Madara accepts Ogedei's claim, and gets moving.

Munisai, together with the two veteran units and one regular cavalry takes with him the body of Shou Ryou, and heads towards Mahoyiga, to give him a proper service.

Kestrel takes with him two units of cavalry, and follows behind Madara, but at his own pace.

Koga takes with him the two forester units. As he doesn't have to take the easy way, he heads towards Mardukane straight through the forest.

As a belated graduaton present, Koga gets announced as the governor of Mardukane.

((Ji will get the same title for Mahoyiga, but not yet. After the funeral))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:24:35 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 11, 2009, 05:35:31 am »

"Your average soldier is a strange creature, Duan. Led by a fool he can barely lift his pack and march for an hour before collapsing. Led by a disciplined general he can suddenly march the whole day with but two hours rest. But even as he marches he will convince himself that he would rather not. And so he who cannot keep his men listening to him find them lazing about.
Unfortunately I find it beyond my powers to control three hundred soldiers. They do not listen to me because I am boring. Tch. But you, with your fervour and spirit, you can convince them to follow my orders.
So you must lead them. I and my officers will keep them marching if you will keep them satisfied."
300 men packed up their tents and rations and marched with minimal rest over endless plains. By the end of the week they were halfway to the barbarian city.

Fierban and Duan lead the two infantry units and the archery unit to 40,-9.

Tsoi sighed. Either Fate or Fierban disliked him, for here he was, once more in charge of a sea of cavalry.
'Perhaps, some day, I will grow to like the stinking beasts', he thought.
No, never. But at least he could get the damn thing to listen to him. He shouted an order and the mass of animals turned east, and began to ride. For some of the time they rode with Fierban and Duan, but the horses needed rest, and the men were all to happy to grant them it, and so somehow they ended the week some distance behind the unmounted soldiers.

Tsoi leads the two units of cavalry to 39, -9
-In the eventuality that Tsoi does not have the leadership to lead both units, he leads only Fierban's cavalry, with Duan's moving east 2 tiles instead.

Is this all ok with you, Dwarmin? It all works out, mechanics wise.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:29:36 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 11, 2009, 08:25:50 am »

"My good friend Fierban, the average soldier is an uncomplicated piece of machinery, at his essence. Give him food and drinks, and he will march. Give him fear, and he will run. Give him hate and he will kill. Of course, the average soldier doesn't want to march or kill, but when has it ever been up to them?"

"I have learned to treat my men as such-pieces of a machine. After all, who would willingly send a man to his death? No, I sacrifice men so that the machine may run. The blood of our soldiers greases the gears that run the empire, so it may be said."

"So, I say, we must suppress our natural instincts such as respect for life and sanctity of the innocent. For you and I general, we are more than men, and less. Of the men who survive our upcoming attack, many will be tending crops and raising children come this time next month. You and I? We will be greasing the machine, so that it may run smooth."

Actions
Continue moving to the city

@Nuke: Hey I'm just along for the ride lol
Autopilot ftw!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 11, 2009, 10:12:37 am »

...Apura's army, composed of all her forces but the recently trained infantry, meet up. The cavalry are moving east. After they meet up, they're all going north!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24