Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Wars of the Celestial Lord - a game of intrigue, strategy and roleplay  (Read 22135 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wars of the Celestial Lord - a game of intrigue, strategy and roleplay
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2009, 05:48:04 pm »

Zei-ran calls together his Captains.

"Ready the troops. We disembark and move towards the city. We shall attack with the dawn, when the enemy sentinels are tired"

--------------

Orders. Disembark the troops and assault the city by ground, using a dawn attack to surprise the enemy.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2009, 06:17:53 pm »

The construction was taking place nicely, it seemed. He had little control over it though, so Duan busied himself and his men by keeping busy with patrols and sparring.

Actions
Continue fortifying and scouting and building teh bridge.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2009, 01:15:08 am »

Apura does indeed care for Xian's men. Why not? It's getting to be time to end this!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2009, 01:59:43 am »

Munisai, who knows that his reinforcements are going to arrive any day now, waits for them to catch up.

Ryou makes his way through the forest and finaly arrives at the city.

The Mahoyiga reinforcements also finaly arrive.

The green normal cavalry at the siege, the one that came from Mahoyiga (97/2). Dismount and instead attack with bows. There are already enough mounted units at the battlefield.

Once all of them have been assembled, they strike at the enemies heart together. They were beaten when they still had the numerical advantage and thick walls. Let's see what they can do when at a numerical disadvantage and without thick walls.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2009, 04:34:54 am »

Happenings this turn:
Engineers finish the bridge.
*tumbleweed*
Long Live United Forenia!

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2009, 08:38:43 am »

Moving... Moving... Moving...

Ogedei continues onwards and moves to (-22, -9)
The cavalry guarding the city moves northwards into the forest.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2009, 10:02:53 am »

As Jierui pushes into the city, prisoners are herded in front of the army to absorb any possible traps or ambushes. If the going looks like it can get nasty, give lend Apura... the item.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2009, 03:11:16 pm »

Lola Danyal continued her march through the desert, pleased at the pace her men were now able to march at.They would continue South until her men had learned to conserve their water properly.

Orders:
South x2

((RPing marching is quite boring))

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2009, 04:49:49 am »

Turn 24, Summer

EDIT : Whoops, slight mistake on the map. The mountain city should be C, not D.

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Events

General Status

Armies

Heroes
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:21:08 am by Istrian »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2009, 06:29:36 am »

Time to march.
And to march with weapons sharp edged and armour well forged, courtesy of Shaocoun's recent expansion. The new population yielded men who knew the ways of the forest, the hills, and the sea, and so a new unit of infantry was recruited from them. Fierban was satisfied. And so, leaving the unit of archers behind under control of a captain, he and Tsoi marched out of the city, and along the dirt road to the Great Eastern Bridge.
They reached the foot of the bridge a few days later. The cavalry stationed there joined them and they begun the long march south, through the massive gatehouse, along the paved surface. As they marched they sent men up the parapets at every flagpole to hang the Black Circle alongside the Celestial flag that had been hung by the engineers.
At night they stopped at a barracks that was built in to the bridge, a massive wooden building constructed between two great pillars that held up the bridge. There were ramps leading down to hanging stables for the horses and even a forge propped upon the keystone of the arch between the two pillars. There were -empty- granaries and armouries, and sniping positions from which ships sailing near the bridge could be peppered with flaming arrows. Attacking this bridge from the water would be like attacking a fortified city. One which hung over you and had no walls to climb.

Fierban, Tsoi, a new unit of infantry, and the old unit of infantry, march out of Shaocoun, picking up the cavalry, and march south along the bridge one tile.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 06:36:13 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 08, 2009, 07:22:22 am »

Amidst the preparations for the upcoming battles, Munisai noticed that Shou Ryou once again had a coughing episode. Despite his best attempts to hide it, the small flash of red on his handkershief was clearly noticed. Later that day, he was called into Munisai's tent.

"What did you call me here for, my liege?"

"Shou my friend, I will make it short. I do not want you to take part in the upcoming battle."

"What? But sir I.."

"You what? I have seen it. You are deadly sick. Under those circumstances, I would be gambling with your life if I sent you into battle."

"But sir, I can still fight!"

"No, no you can't. You should have told me before that your health issues were that serious. This battle would mean nothing if you so simply forfeit your life.
I adore your loyalty to me, and your will to even give your life for me, but I am not yet ready to ask for it.

Remember Shou, there is always a tomorrow. Your house needs you as a head, and I need you as a lieutnant. And I can not simply watch by idly while my most loyal and most valueable man dies.

I...do however realise that for a man of your age....there are times at which one has to think about how it will be that we leave that world...and that the glory of the battlefield is traditionaly a good way...

This is why... I am not giving you an order. You are neither ordered to rest, nor are you ordered to fight. Decide for yourself wether you want to fight, or if you want to rest. No one knows your health better than yourself, so make a wise decision..."

-----------------

All units press on their attack.

Shou Ryou is left with the free choice wether he wants to join the battle, risking his life and health doing so, or to rest and live to fight another day.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 08, 2009, 09:40:15 am »

Zei-Ran rallies his troops and presses the attack on the city.

---------------

Ok, I'm going to be gone for the next few days on a camping trip, so I won't be able to log in and do anything. I will be back online Tuesday at the latest.

Standing orders:
This round, we try to take the city by force again.
If we still fail and take heavy losses, blockade the port and siege the city. If we take only minimal losses, keep fighting.

Once we capture the city we're going to fortify it with archers and begin patrolling the shipping lanes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #237 on: October 08, 2009, 12:14:51 pm »

It is time to set homewards. Make sure to retrieve the item, in case Xian lended it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 08, 2009, 01:55:50 pm »

The Army under Lola Danyal slowly peals to the West, around the Oasis.

Orders: West x2

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 08, 2009, 02:52:12 pm »

Duan idly threw knives at a map of the empire, trying to hit the capital. One missed and tore a large gash in the map. Amusing.

Fierban would arrive soon enough...until then, he needed to keep the men busy. The area around the bridge was close to becoming a city in itself-traders were pitching tents and civilians were building houses and inns to accommodate the increased traffic to come. The caravans had threatened to swamp the bridge when it was completed from both sides, and his men were taking Hell trying to keep them in the designated lanes, so they wouldn't be thrown off the bridge by Fierban's army. Personally, Duan thought the local crocodiles looked a little underfed...

The engineers, bereft of usefulness, he ordered to construct a monument to himself and Fierban. Something suitably bleak would be needed.

Actions
Hold position
A unit of infantry is produced in Kojo
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24