Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Togglable "hide" on auto-forbid?  (Read 433 times)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Togglable "hide" on auto-forbid?
« on: September 09, 2009, 08:04:37 am »

Mostly for neatness's sake, because it bugs me to see all those stray crossbow bolts littering the terrain. That specific issue may be eased when dwarves are smart enough to get more than a single stack of bolts(either combining like bolts or carrying several stacks in quiver), but in general...

I think it'd be nice to have the option(OFF by default, due to possible confusion), under the <o>rders-><F>orbid menu, to auto-hide things. Either as a general option(a single toggle to hide anything auto-forbidden), or as a third state in each individual option(claim, forbid, forbid & hide).

It has the usual risks of hidden items("why won't the dwarves build this wall?!"), but perhaps the building-placing interface could be set to always display hidden items when you're putting a building down? With the highlight they already have when using <d>--<h|H>, so they stand out as hidden.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Togglable "hide" on auto-forbid?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:11:40 pm »

I think the second part of your idea is a very good idea it would be goo if also any forbidden or already spoken for items would stand out similarly when you are trying to construct something.
The great game of Warlocks!

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:38:53 pm »

I think the second part of your idea is a very good idea it would be goo if also any forbidden or already spoken for items would stand out similarly when you are trying to construct something.

Seconded.

It's a good idea.
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:48:55 am »

...it would be goo if also any forbidden or already spoken for items would stand out similarly when you are trying to construct something.

THIS. Though the spoken-for wouldn't be quite so bad if the dwarves could prioritize a bit smarter, the forbidden bit would be... very, very nice. Anything with a status that keeps random dwarves from moving it at will could stand to be highlit.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.